Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! April

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Envie Addicts Unite! April

I'm an Envie Addict! Hopefully, there are more of you out there! What? You're a newb? What's an Envie you say? If you don't already know, Envies are altered envelopes. They can be drawn on, painted on, upcycled, collage and mix media up! Sky's the limit. Getting personal mail is nice, but getting a mini traveling museum is the best! We also allow postcards!
    So here's what I propose, let's get a good sized group going for a monthly swap. It would be a nice way to get our fix of envies on a regular basis. Let's share our ideas, links to inspiration, and get to know each other as artist.

How the NEW sign up works:

First, I will post a new thread like normal. For the first week I will be accepting players. Players have the 1st thru 7th of the month to come to the thread and say, "I wanna play." Once you join, there is no withdrawing.

Next, I will make up a partner's list and post it on the 8th or the 9th of the month. Once I have the player's list up, I will send everyone my usual monthly update via PM.

My suggested mail out date would be the 15th, but for the most part your Envie needs to be in the hands of your partner by the last day of the month. If anything is late, there is a little forgiveness if you are communicating with your partner.

In the past, we've had a lot of peeps that flaked on their trade. Itrader points will now play a big part in who plays in E.A.U. If you had a wonderful experience, fabulous! Leave positive points. If you had a hiccup, but your not too bent outta shape about it, leave a neutral point. If you had a total "flaker" and your experience was horrible...well then you might want to think about a negative point. (Consider yourself warned.)

How will the points help us? I figure it this way. If you had a neutral point as a result of playing in EAU, you will be given a second chance, but a second one in a row will be considered a negative point. If you've had a negative point within 3 months no matter where you were playing, you cannot participate.

On a lighter note, we celebrate birthdays! When you sign up and it happens to be your birthday month say, "I wanna play and I'm celebrating a birthday!" Other player's just might send ya some happy mail. ...just be sure to leave a YouRock point to those that RAK you.
    *Birthday addresses can be obtained through Kwailin777.

Naked! Is how we send our Envies...as is. However, there has been times that mail has gone missing. If you feel that your Envie might find the same fate, you can send it, within a plain envelope. But! ... your art has to be dressed up with faux postage and addresses.

Stuff, your Envie's with something sturdy like cereal boxes or junk mail. Send it out, but don't post a pic at AFA until you hear that your partner has received it. Save the surprise for them. Once, you get word that they have it, share it all over the place. We're nosey! We wanna see too!

Size Rules: Your Envie has to be a minimum of 3 5/8 X 6 1/2 inches. (Small Business Envelope) ...and up...

Celebrating a April birthday! TBA
    *Birthday addresses an be obtained through Kwailin777.

April Partner's List

Lazyshadows - Kwailin777
    Beverley - Kwailin777
    TrinaLD - Ruthe
    Miss M - Megan457
    Suntrade - Fandanie
    Nicky - Nanner
    Tandy - Miss Iowa

Examples/Inspiration:
    Envie Addicts Unite! Pinterest Board
    Good Mail Day
    Mail Me Art
    Mail Me Art Video
    For more ideas Google "Mail Art" and set it to images.
    Last edited by kwailin777; 04-11-2020 at 09:56 AM.
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! June
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need another hit? Try these threads to get your fix! Some of our own are waiting for you...

MMH: Postcards by Idolores

HD/HP/Collage Postcards by Suntrade

PIF: Postcard Madness by Sweetest-sin

PIF: Artcard 5x7 HD/HP by Oksana

PIF: Plain Envie Are Overrated by Thatgeekyartgirl
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alrighty, hope ya'll are doing well. Seems like everyday things change in big ways. So, I was suppose to go back to work yesterday, but my boss has halted all of us from coming to work. I think she's freaking out a little ... and I don't blame her. Besides that she doesn't think she'll be able to stay open much longer...only because delivery of supplies to make cookies are getting spotty. She isn't able to get everything she needs to make more cookies. I haven't been near my work place for a while...but it's tripping me out because she was telling me how one by one people have closed next door to us. It's weird to think of a usually crowded area as a ghost town.

My son, who's deployed somewhere near London, is also going nuts! They locked down the base and they can't go anywhere. They got them all in their own rooms...so he's pretty lonely. The rooms are just beige boxes with a bed and a small fridge. No art no tv...nothing...then on top of that they are alone. There's no Gym now...and all on base stores are closed. He works one week on and one week off...so he's saying that the week off is brutal...cause he sees pretty much no one during the week off.

I sent him 3 large care packages. Enclosed was a ton of snacks...but also his sketchbook, jump rope, and harmonica...I was stressing at first of the cost to send...but it turns out that if you are sending to a military member...domestic rates apply. So, I went crazy sending stuff! LOL!

Anyhow, sorry...all that info was probably really boring...but that's all I have going on! LOL! Speaking of boring...I've been cleaning and watching tv...but no art...so I'm gonna give it try to get some made...If I do manage to make anything decent I'll share some pics.

Suntrade, sorry that your birthday plans didn't go how you expected...but I think you still should have went dancing...just in your living room is all I hope you otherwise had a good time. If anything you have a great story to tell. <3

Miss Iowa, I hope your mama & dad will be safe. I'm sure if they hand sanitize after a stop somewhere and socially distance them selves...they will be ok. At least they are in an RV away from others.

Mail halted? How should we deal with this peeps? I can only think of 2 answers. One would be people who have mail service that is shut down doesn't play...but that seems so harsh...or we still partner as usual...and trades will be mailed when the coast is clear. Please let me know your thoughts on this and if you have a suggestion speak up.

Also, I've been digging all of the links to TP and hand washing jokes! Keep it up! ....here's one to add on...

Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

4. Thanks SunTrade thanked this post
    Likes Miss M, Cecileb, SunTrade liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to play. I can go to post box, not post office. Regular rates apply so no need to have it weighed, etc. I could trade USA only as I don't have international stamps in my stash.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope everyone is well and staying safe. Artwork is my salvation. We have stay at home in place. Still can walk in my neighborhood. ITs gated and very private. Mailman/lady picks up and drops off mail. I have been "at home" now for three weeks. My son and his family left Brooklyn three weeks ago and are at the house at the 1000 islands. They have three children and a dog. His in-laws from DC are with them. All are well and able to get outside and walk. It's isolated there. We face time daily. His twin sister, in California, is ok. She and her husband have two boys. The boys share the same birthday, April 27th. They are soon to be 5 and 3. The 5 year old has been planning his birthday party for almost one year. He is devastated not to be able to have a party this year. When he realized the party was not going to happen he called me sobbing, " Gmom, this is the worst day of my life..." Poor little guy. Thankfully, he's gotten over the sadness and is much happier. I also have a son in NC, a son in Mississippi, and a daughter here in Maryland. They are all doing well. Please, everyone, be safe and stay healthy. Keep a journal and keep in touch. I consider all of you my friends even though I have yet to meet you face to face. ��

7. Thanks Miss M, kwailin777 thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777, Cecileb, SunTrade liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up this month!
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    instagram :
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL and eventually I will change my avatar

As for mail deliveries, Canada Post has this website:
    https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our...ce-alerts.page
    Canada Post says they aren't processing mail for certain countries, as those countries are not taking mail at the moment. The list does change every few days. But I don't think I currently see any country on the no-mail-list for peeps that usually play here.

Miss Iowa, I don't think you are alone in the parental camp. I come across alot of stories of people not being able to get their older parents to self-isolate. Here in parts of Canada, if the snowbirds don't self-isolate, they get a visit from the police. Some who refuse to comply have actually been arrested. I hope your parents are safe-and-sound and come home healthy. And yes, they should bring a TP supply with them! (It's only fair) You could lock'em in the RV when they get home and become ornery. Not legal? (I am kidding, don't lock people up...)

Happy Belated Birthday Suntrade! I'm glad you had at least some low-key festivities, and I'm glad to hear the job worked out.

Fandanie, I think they should still plan a belated birthday party for when this craziness has passed. Poor kiddo.

Mamma Mel, you go bananas with those packages and cheer your guy up. The isolation is not fun, but that sounds tough.

And now we know what all the TP hoarders were doing

And on a positive note, how often do we get to save the world by sitting at home and arting! (or watching TV... which is the original quote )

Stay safe, stay healthy, wash your hands and stay united...at home away from everybody else
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    instagram :
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

10. Thanks kwailin777, SunTrade thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777, Cecileb, SunTrade liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to play please... and second what Miss M just said ^^ about Canadian mail

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up please.
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!
    Victory in Jesus:"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."~1 John 4:4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to play. I think there is a note that some swaps and trades may need to be held until the mail can be sent. I've been struggling with sinus stuff and horrid allergies and really look forward to the few swaps I'm doing and this trade, so count me in however we might play this month.

I hope everyone is well.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sign me up for April.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hang in there, all. Sign me up for an actual participant this month...not a lurker!

Miss M....you're back in fashion, as folks are putting out Christmas decorations to bring people's spirits up. I think you should keep it! Maybe I'll bring my ugly sweater back?!

My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

16. Thanks Miss M thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I can play this month. I'm on an Island - post is slow at the best of times and at the moment with the post office being closed for two weeks, there will be a back log. I'm happy to lurk and watch what you all produce.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ceceieb, you'll be missed. Perhaps, as someone suggested here or in another swap/trade, you can still participate in a virtual way. Or maybe you can be paired up with yourself and make yourself a special envie!

It's definitely a challenging time, but I'm fascinated because we're living through, and experiencing, an historic situation like none we've heard of from our relatives. For once, I'm thankful for the internet and all the social media options. A poetry event that I usually can't make because I don't like driving at night is now holding the readings on Zoom. My WW meetings are being held on Zoom. I'm taking some online free or low cost classes in Icelandic sagas, other literature classes, bookbinding and book arts classes, and more. These are all from universities and highly experienced and long-term book artists and more.

I went to the pharmacy yesterday and was pleased with how they were handling customers. They pre-screened people, asked where they were going, asked them to take a sticker and put it on, then at the pharmacy door, a fellow asked what was needed (I showed him my list that came from my doctor who thinks I might have a sinus infection), then either got the items for you or sent you to the counter to pick up prescriptions. I had to do both. When I turned to go stand on the black mat, a little old man who came from nowhere was right there and began screaming at me "Stay away. Stay away." I just looked at him and continued to the black mat, leaving him hollering and then a woman and man who were sitting and probably waiting for meds, started hollering at him and then it just kept going back and forth. I just wanted my stuff and to get out of there. Ughhh. I needed to pick up in person because mailing some of the items was not an option.

We stopped at Trader Joe's to pick up some salad and veggies and other staples and I was pleased to see how they're handling things. They are limiting the number of shopping carts to maybe a dozen or so, thereby limiting the number of people going into the store. Even if you don't need a cart, you must take one (they've been sanitized). They're always quick in checking out, and I know where the products I purchase are located so I can get in and out quickly. We exited the store, and two employees were waiting for the cart to completely sanitize it before it went back into the line. The entire process was no longer than it usually takes for me to shop in there and it was less crowded!

I'm already feeling better today and hope to get back to some work and back to my exercise.

I hope each of you is safe and healthy.

19. Thanks kwailin777 thanked this post
    Likes kwailin777, Cecileb, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our player's so far...

Fandanie
    Miss M
    Beverley
    Tandy
    TrinaLD
    Ruthe
    Nanner
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miss M, that toilet paper pic is hilarious! ...and yes, let's not lock up people! LMAO!

Cecileb, you can still hang out with us! Maybe you could still make some Envies...and save it for when you can trade?

Trina, I can't believe that that guy was hollering at you. People are nuts. ...So far, I haven't had anyone be rude...if anything, it seems like everyone has soften and are nicer. ...but I haven't gone to my regular shopping spots...because I heard that they were a bit cut throat. They were sorta that way even before the virus! LOL! So no Costco or Winco for me in my area.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

22. Thanks Miss M thanked this post
    Likes Cecileb liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy isolation folks...

Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

24. Likes Cecileb, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am certainly glad to know what the hoarders were doing with the toilet paper. I had trouble finding tissues and ordered a carton (only option) from Home Depot and just in time.

Mel - one of the clerks at my regular store also said that folks are showing their true colors now. If they've always been good and kind, they're still good and kind - perhaps a bit more so. If, on the other hand, they've been mean and nasty beneath the surface, that aspect is coming to the forefront. I don't shop at Costco or Winco and have been thankful that my pantry was already pretty well stocked and have found the best time to go to my local Bel Air (I know where everything is located there and can get in and out pretty quickly) and Trader Joe's, but those are stores I generally shop at. I was shocked and in another day or time might have said something, but I just wanted to get my stuff and get out of there.

My best friend, though, is helping out some friends of hers who have underlying health conditions and are older, so she's shopping for them. They don't get the idea, though, that they need to plan ahead. They've got her running to Winco several times each week. Mind you, I'm mostly a daily or every other day shopper but I'm limiting myself to one or two trips weekly and making do with what I have.

I think this is a great opportunity for a lot of folks to realize what's important to them.

I've got tons of stuff from the libraries here - books, music and book CDs, DVDs - and my own personal library collection. I've been reading some forthcoming books for review and listening to music. This way, I can still "visit" the libraries twice a week like I usually do.

I also love the video of the little creature washing its hands!

26. Likes Cecileb, Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. Thanks for the fun memes, Mel! One thing you can say about this whole situation: many people are taking it in stride. I think a good sense of humor helps us cope.

I will play this month. And don't tell anyone, but I turn another year older on May 22.

My parents got home Wednesday morning and so far are fine. Just trying to get them settled in. I told them they're supposed to self-isolate for 14 days. So what does my dad do on Day 1? Go to 2 grocery stores and Theisen's (a farm/fleet store). Can't tell a stubborn old German anything!!!

28. Likes Miss M liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mel...those memes =
    My Instagram: #lifeofnanner