Thread: #22: More Moley Fun!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks anyway. Have fun, everyone!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coyote thank you for the invite..*smile*..I see you are full...I am sorry I did not get right back, I have been evacuate from my home due too one of the largest fires I believe in California...live in Hayfork, CA....it looks like you all are going to have fun! Maybe next time I can participate.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meran - Not an overshare at all That's actually a really interesting thought. I'd never considered that my bad experiences with alcoholics could be connected to my dislike of clowns. Hmm, this is very interesting.

chatty - So sorry to hear about the fire!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    06. Tandy

1. Theme: Famous Landmark
    2. Do: Pick one landmark in your city/state (for USA) or country (for international). Please fill all three pages with one scene (as a spread). Also, please write a little something about your landmark and why it is important on the back of your pages. Please sign the back of your pages also.
    3. Don't: Put a bunch of different landmarks or repeat a landmark someone else has already done
    4. Media: HD/HP (no oil paint)
    Last edited by Tandy; 08-07-2015 at 07:20 PM.
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!
    Victory in Jesus:"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."~1 John 4:4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greensburg Tower Tree

Yes, it is literally world famous. The Honda Civic is made in Greensburg. There is a real, large, tree griwing out of the tower. Swear on my dog. I live here....sigh...I live here.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coyote, right now, I've give one of my eye teeth to live in Indiana... I'm very tired of the ineptitude of the MDs here. Experienced it just, again, today. (Hubs said I had the dentist ~floored. Now, he says I need to see an oral surgeon. I knew I needed that two weeks ago.. Sigh..)

Here's my info:

Everyone needs to post on the thread the following things:
    1. Theme

Colorful Dogs (will post examples) see attached photo

2. Dos

As per Coyote's instructions (just in case I got those wrong, feel free to ask. I don't bite &#128521

3. Don'ts

No mixed mediums, please. It'll just make it difficult to fold properly, etc.

4. Media Preference

Paint, pencil, marker, inks... If you have any other ideas, post on the thread.. I'm pretty open to most things.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Second try on the pic

Finally!

Yes, these are chunkies. NO, you're not making those for me, and definitely no attachments (although.... I could see how I could attach some ribbons... Lol)

But you can see that these dogs aren't the usual colors. Unless you live in Oz, or one of those fanciful places.

It would be nice to carry through the artwork from page to page, but I don't need scenes, necessarily. Or close ups like most of these are. You could imagine a Doggy Daycare (oh, I think I'll title the book that!) with dogs running around, doing doggy things, (and yes, whizzing on something is acceptable, though probably not mounting behavior �� )

And the dog theme could extend to "dog" toys. (I have some "roadkill" dog toys, and a big Fat Cat for them to chew on too. It's only limited to your imagination!

If you're struggling with the animals, just know that I'll be struggling with the people in y'all's themes �� It's all relative. And accepted.

Can't see what you all come up with! (That includes me)
    Last edited by meran; 08-07-2015 at 08:55 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Greensburg Tower Tree

Yes, it is literally world famous. The Honda Civic is made in Greensburg. There is a real, large, tree griwing out of the tower. Swear on my dog. I live here....sigh...I live here.
    Those courthouse tower trees are so cool! That is a great landmark and just the type of thing that would be fun in my book. Of course, I'm not holding you to it if you decide on something else.
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!
    Victory in Jesus:"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."~1 John 4:4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty excited to get started Just out of curiosity, do you guys typically plan what you will do ahead of time, or wait until you have an artist's moley? I'm already getting ideas as I read through the themes

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm planning now, though I try to keep some flexibility to fit in with the one before mine.

I don't want clashing colors or moods... Many times, if I can figure out the color palette of the previous artist, I'll use some of those, to carry the theme through
    (That came across strange... I meant, not in MY moley but in all those I work in. I try to harmonize my work with that of the artist previous to mine. Btw, I think I may be the last person to work in everyone's moleys... An enviable position! I get to see ALL of them before anyone! Lol )

Coyote, all the moleys I've done have been for 4 pages, not 3. (I'm looking at many of my designs in my sketchbook).Any idea of when the pages we should work on changed in number, from 4 to six?? Just curious. I even ran out to buy a larger sketchbook just because of the size of the 4 pg spread. (I'm glad I checked that item!)
    Last edited by meran; 08-08-2015 at 02:54 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Nicky!

Many of those you see were watercolor, acrylic, or colored pencil. (Btw, some of my cp work has up to 15 layers... My avatar, for example. I just keep going until I'm happy with it.)

I just found your post; since I missed it, I'm going thru the posts to make sure I've "met" everyone

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chatty, I hope the fires are over (for now. I know it's the season), and you're home, with everything safe and sound!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meran

The moleskine swaps, as far as I know, have always been a 3 page spread for each player. The moleskine you should use for this swap should be brand new. Meaning you purchase it specifically for this swap.

It should be a Japanese Style 3.5 x 5.5 inch Moleskine. See the link I posted in the thread started for a link to Amazon.

Your theme is going to be awesome! I love the chunkies you posted.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Meran,

We use the 30 page Japanese harmonica moley... with groups of 10 players the only option is 3 pages each... Wonder what kind of moley you used in the past that you could do 4 pages each?

Love all the theme's posted so far!

Coyote: what happened to player no. 4??? Did she withdraw?
    Last edited by Nicky; 08-08-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    Seeya , Nicky
    Hosting: All European Moley Group

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my "check-in" pages and my "this book belongs to" page:

Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Tandy... I will have to do something like that for my sign-in pages too.... on the 2nd page is a printed form where one should put its name etc... (what we do on the last page)... so I will need to glue a page over the original one.... Still brooding on something that fits with my Witch 'n Wizards theme.
    Seeya , Nicky
    Hosting: All European Moley Group

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've contributed to several moleys, for several years now.
    Only once on atcsforall.
    Come to think of it, here, it was a three pager. But the others were always 4 pages.

I have the correct moley 😉 Would you like to see my sketches? I also have the completed moley pages. I believe we only had nine players though.

And it's the "Japanese accordion" version 😉

I've never done all the super organized pre-pages either. (I'm not complaining here, just giving facts). We always had a card that was put into the pockets, with a ribbon pull tab, for the artists.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The pocket part

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

4 pg spreads

It was from 2010, and 8 artists... I did 3 pages, everyone else did 4 (but it was optional to do 3). And we began on the back of the This Book Belongs To page.

Bluesky is offline I create therefore I know I am
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theme: In the garden done in Cori Dantini style
    Do: anything found in the garden, birds, bees, flowers, butterflies, trees, gnomes, fairies and so on. Of course, Cori Dantini style girls! Would also love if positive sayings, phrases or words are included. If the three pages could be a continuous scene that's great!
    Don't: There are no don'ts.
    Media Preference: HD/HP with mixed media.