Thread: #22: More Moley Fun!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meran! Those are awesome!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Managed to get my "check in" pages done. He is only a sorcerers apprentice but I wouldn't chance to ignore or try to by-pass the registration!!!! The Book of Wizards and Witches has been started...
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am loving these check-in pages! I can't wait to do mine Gotta think of a cool idea first. I did think of a question though, how are these pages with inks and watercolors? Like copics, or spectrum markers? Will they seep through? Or will watercolors create wrinkled pages? I didn't want to risk messing up my book by testing it out.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are done in marker and polycolor pencils... must admit that I did the drawings on a separate piece of paper and glued them in the moley.... didn't want to risk drip through on the second page (first page is the back of the cover... that one is pretty safe to work on.

Printed the opening page of my moley as well (found a lovely page that I altered to make it appropriate for my moley theme ) ... now I'm up to drawing the first three pages.... have to get my thinkin' cap on for that and with another week of work ahead (and a busy week at that) I won't be able to work on the moley until next week.... but then I have 3 weeks of holiday... lots of things planned but lots of time for art too!!!
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniseMDupree View Post
    I am loving these check-in pages! I can't wait to do mine Gotta think of a cool idea first. I did think of a question though, how are these pages with inks and watercolors? Like copics, or spectrum markers? Will they seep through? Or will watercolors create wrinkled pages? I didn't want to risk messing up my book by testing it out.
    Ive watercolored pages befire, they dont warp to bad. Some in,s like copic and prismacolor will bleed through. A layer of gesso for some paints may be needed. but other than that, ive had luck with most other forms of color.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, thanks Nicky and Coyote

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again. I'm so pleased to be included. :-) Here's my thematic info:

1. Theme: New Beginnings
    2. Dos: I'd like a visual exploration of what this might mean to you. Think of synonyms like starting over, renovation, recovery, rebirth, fresh start.... Any style at all - abstract or realistic or whimsical or?
    3. Don'ts: As long as the moley will fold, I'm happy.
    4. Media Preference: HD/HP or mixed media. Or both. :-)

Feel free to ask me any questions should they arise.

schmancyfancy is offline Suspended User Suspended Member
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay people... Here we go!
    1. Theme: "Madame Fancy's Sideshow Curiosities." I want my very own, panoramic freakishly fantastic circus sideshow/freak show.
    2. Dos: Research real vintage side show acts or make up your own freakish characters. I want this to be one long panoramic view of the same sideshow. My only MUST is color. Bold, beautiful color!
    3. Don'ts: No abrupt stops. I have seen in some moleys where one artist's work continues over into the next just a tiny bit to help make it flow. I love the look of this. Hopefully my first few pages will be a good example.
    4. Media Preference: Whatever your heart desires. As long as it fits the theme and my moley closes well enough.

I am very excited to start our moleys! We have a great bunch of themes going on.

If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask. My first moley swap... I'm so excited!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty excited to get started Just out of curiosity, do you guys typically plan what you will do ahead of time, or wait until you have an artist's moley? I'm already getting ideas as I read through the themes
    I am not much of a planner when it comes to art. I just let inspiration hit me with a stick when it is ready.
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!
    Victory in Jesus:"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."~1 John 4:4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Theme: In the garden done in Cori Dantini style
    I love Cori Dantini!
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!
    Victory in Jesus:"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."~1 John 4:4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    Managed to get my "check in" pages done. He is only a sorcerers apprentice but I wouldn't chance to ignore or try to by-pass the registration!!!! The Book of Wizards and Witches has been started...
    Great job Nicky...and I wouldn't want to mess with that apprentice!
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did think of a question though, how are these pages with inks and watercolors? Like copics, or spectrum markers? Will they seep through? Or will watercolors create wrinkled pages? I didn't want to risk messing up my book by testing it out.
    Copics, Prismacolors and other alcohol based markers will bleed through the paper, but the way the book is set up the artists will only be working on the front of the pages so the back isn't all that important. Watercolors work fine, just don't use an excess amount of water (I wouldn't try painting wet into wet on this little books).
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Michelle - that's a mighty challenging theme you've got there....
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    Wow Michelle - that's a mighty challenging theme you've got there....
    ...Too challenging? If everyone thinks it's too much, I can think of something else. Let me know what you all think.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think so Michelle - I have the experience that ideas will not come until I really need them ... so in the end I'll probably think of something appropriate
    Last edited by Nicky; 08-14-2015 at 10:47 AM.
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    In regards to SchmancyFancy's theme. I have been looking at past moleskine swap themes and have decided that her theme is just as challenging as some from the past. In #20 Moleskine Swap and #21 moleskine swap there are some themes that were difficult to do, but the challenge was fun.

Her theme is basically one long (continuous) circus freak show. This means:
    -Bearded Ladies
    -Sword Swallowers
    -Fire Dancers
    -Tattooed giants lifting cars
    -People with horns

Freak Show History

Here is a little bit about what a Freak Show is.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Coyote. I was about to type out the whole spiel, but you did it for me!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This might be a silly question but how does the continuity work with regards to media and things like that? Like if the first one is painted, then do we all paint them? Or just try to match colors?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Continuous

This might be a silly question but how does the continuity work with regards to media and things like that? Like if the first one is painted, then do we all paint them? Or just try to match colors?
    Try to match color schemes and lines. For example if a circus tent cuts off right before your pages, try to continue the circus tent. You do not need to match media.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mailing Schedule has been posted!

Check it out on page one. It's post #2!