"Creatures of the Night" (AKA vamps, witches, werewolves, zombies), due Oct 31

BekaH

Probationary User
Media
"Creatures of the Night" (AKA vamps, witches, werewolves, zombies), due Oct 31

Swap Due Date - October 31, 2015 (Saturday)
Signup/withdraw date - No date, just COMMUNICATE
Number of Cards - 3:3
Numbered of participants - 50 max.
Medium - OPEN. NO digital or photography, though.
Theme - vampires, werewolves, witches, zombies

NOW TAKING SIGN UPS

33xzlea.jpg

Who doesn't love vampires, werewolves, witches and zombies? Especially close to Halloween! These are some of my favorite creatures of the night :) You can use any medium for your cards, just make sure they have something to do with a vampire, werewolf, witch or zombie on them. They can be tv show characters, literary characters, mythical characters. You can use generic characters or come up with your own. So brainstorm... And get creepy (or cute)!

The Rules:

*All cards must be 2.5" x 3.5" with straight edges, otherwise they´ll be returned to you. If they take more than one stamp to send, please include the same amount to return.

* Best work only please. I try my best to swap effort or effort if possible.

* Please sign up by posting to this thread ONLY, NOT through a PM

* No problem if you have to drop out, but please let me know. No cards and no communication will result in a neutral iTrader... I HATE to do this, but it's only fair to the participants who DO turn in cards on time.

* Each card should be sent in its own plastic sleeve.

* Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards. We can´t leave Rep Points if we don´t know who you are.

* Please make sure to package your cards to where they arrive safely and undamaged. You would not believe the number of envelopes I have received with sides or tops torn (and this is in individual trades!)

* Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your name and address CLEARLY typed or written on.

* USA participants - Please send the same number of stamps to me that it takes to mail your cards. INTERNATIONAL participants - I can accept paypal ($2) or (3) unused US postage stamps or ($2) well concealed US dollars. Please let me know when you are mailing them what method you will be using to pay for return shipping.

* If you must send a LARGE envelope, please include accurate return postage.

* Please allow enough time for your cards to get to me. I plan to swap on time. If cards are not in my hands by Oct 31, they will be returned to you, using your stamped envelope. I am in TN. If you are in doubt of how long it will take you to get your cards to me, I advise to mail at least 14 days ahead of time.

* Please send me a PM when you need my address. If you already have my address from a previous swap or trade - it hasn´t changed, but my NAME has - My new last name is Hicks.

* Host cards are not required, but definitely appreciated.

PLAYERS:

0. BekaH RECEIVED
1. RebeccaG RECEIVED
2. CanadaRosebud
3. Andi_mn
4. Tellurien RECEIVED
5. Mrs. G
6. White Anchor
7. TrailRider RECEIVED
8. Schmancyfancy
9. Karch RECEIVED

****MOST IMPORTANTLY - Have fun!

Last edited:
Lurking...
Just to clarify: a Warlock actually means Oath Breaker which doesn't qualify him as a magical person. A male witch is called a witch or sorcerer or wizard or conjurer or necromancer or Matthew Perry. ;)

Lurking...
Just to clarify: a Warlock actually means Oath Breaker which doesn't qualify him as a magical person. A male witch is called a witch or sorcerer or wizard or conjurer or necromancer or Matthew Perry. ;)

Hmm, I went to google and searched that, and pretty much everything says that a warlock is a magic practicer, but usually that they are evil ... ? https://www.google.com/#q=what+is+a+warlock So I'm still just as clueless as I was. I did change it in the swap description though, LOL

WARLOCK

Origin: Warlocks are mostly referred to as bad witches or wizards. The term has a negative connotation since warlock came from the Old English word waerloga which means a person who breaks the oath. While warlock is often erroneously used to refer to a male witch, warlock is not gender-specific. Just like witches, the word ‘warlock’ can be referred to both male and female. In modern Wiccan and Pagan societies, being called a warlock is severely offensive.

Modern interpretation: The warlock is more heavily represented in the gaming world; from massively multiple online to tabletop games, the warlock is a common character. Warlock’s sinister origins are not ignored, as warlocks are, for the most part, associate with evil, cruelty or deception.

Just interesting!

Right, that's what I was saying though, when I googled it it said that a warlock still practices magic, but are considered evil...

I just find it very interesting, I didn't know this beforehand.

Yup. It is highly offensive to call a male witch a warlock.
Warlock comes from Celtic/Viking early culture. It was not associated with magic, just some arse who didn't keep their promises or was completely untrustworthy. Think of it like the puritanical scarlet letter except without any patchwork.
Also, most people deemed a warlock were either put to death or cast out from their village.
Modern culture just hijacked the word so they could have a new character class for MMORPG. ;)

Well, I definitely wouldn't want to be a Warlock then, lol!

Acalla, so thrilled to have you.

Also, wanted to note, that if you choose to do hd/hp work, then I always try to return at least one hd/hp card to you. If I can do more, I certainly will try. And I always swap effort for effort.

OMG! So many awesome swaps all due in October! I will certainly be lurking but gotta figure out if I can catch up, first!

RebeccaG and Canadarosebud, so thrilled to face you! :-)

Danielle and zhouzhou, you are welcome to lurk but hopefully we can entice you to play ;)

I'll have to see if I can get something finished before I commit, thanks for the invite!

Back
Top Bottom