Probationary User
Media
"Curious and Curioser!" Alice in Wonderland Swap, OPEN MEDIA, due NOV 7, 2015

Swap Due Date - November 7, 2015
(Saturday)
Signup/withdraw Date - Until Full
Number of Cards - 3:3
Number of participants - 50 max.
Medium - OPEN. Collage, hand drawn or painted, sewn, etc. (Please no digital or photography)
Theme - Alice in wonderland

NOW TAKING SIGN UPS!

"Curious and Curioser!" Alice in Wonderland!
The possibilities are ENDLESS!
Alice, White Rabbit, Dinah, Dormouse, Dodo bird, Cheshire Cat, Talking Flowers and Butter Flies, Mad Hatter, March Hare, Caterpillar, Queen of Hearts, TweedleDee and TweedleDum, Tea Parties, Bottles marked "Drink Me"... Use your imagination.

The movie combines both books by Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass), but you can use characters from the movie OR the book.
I am super excited, the book and movie are such integral parts of literary and film history, this is sure to be a super swap!

Your atcs can be collage, hand drawn or painted, sewn, etc.. However, please no digital art or photography. If you have any question about your art, I recommend posting pictures before sending it off :)

2s0fur4.jpg

The Rules:

*All cards must be 2.5" x 3.5" with straight edges, otherwise they´ll be returned to you. If they take more than one stamp to send, please include the same amount to return.

* Best work only please. I try my best to swap effort for effort. Please only send in art you'd be happy to receive :)

* Please sign up by posting to this thread ONLY, NOT through a PM

* No problem if you have to drop out, but please let me know. No cards and no communication will result in a neutral iTrader... I HATE to do this, but it's only fair to the participants who DO turn in cards on time.

* Each card should be sent in its own plastic sleeve. I CANNOT stress this enough.

* Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards. We can't leave Rep Points if we don't know who you are.

* Please make sure to package your cards to where they arrive safely and undamaged. You would not believe the number of envelopes I have received with sides or tops torn (and this is in individual trades!)

* Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your name and address CLEARLY typed or written on.

* USA participants - Please send the same number of stamps to me that it takes to mail your cards. INTERNATIONAL participants - I can accept paypal ($2) or (3) unused US postage stamps or ($2) well concealed US dollars. Please let me know when you are mailing them what method you will be using to pay for return shipping.

* If you must send a LARGE envelope, please include accurate return postage.

* Please allow enough time for your cards to get to me. I plan to swap on time. If cards are not in my hands by November 7th, they will be returned to you, using your stamped envelope. I am in TN. If you are in doubt of how long it will take you to get your cards to me, I advise to mail at least 14 days ahead of time.

* Please send me a PM when you need my address.

* Host cards are not required, but definitely appreciated.

****MOST IMPORTANTLY - Have fun!

PARTICIPANTS:

0. Bekah
1.Kentuckydakota RECEIVED
2. Daisies RECEIVED
3. Lalka RECEIVED
4. Thouartdelyrias
5. Desert_artist RECEIVED
6. Marie RECEIVED
7. Canadarosebud
8. CandiceL
9. Pixi RECEIVED
10. TrinaLD RECEIVED
11. Goatgirl RECEIVED
12. Pikkis RECEIVED
13.. Jacqui chimes
14. Plumhill2001 RECEIVED
15. Jfaskdown RECEIVED
16. Pixari RECEIVED

*Names of players in PINK are those I have received cards from.

(All examples are collages by me. To see other artists work, browse the gallery.)

Last edited:
Great idea! Who doesn't love Alice in Wonderland?? BUT...I must lurk for a bit until I get caught up!

Lurking for now, I love the samples and think it would be fun to do in collage, but my husband collects children's books like his mother before him and I will have to see if I can find a cheap, battered second hand soft cover copy someplace because I value my marriage too much to even go near one of the books we already own with a scissors! Oh, one quick question- at the top for theme you have Wizard of Oz is that a joke or a typo?

Omg! So glad you caught that. The.moderators didn't even catch that. It was supposed to say Alice, not wizard!

Hahaha, Lisa. You were not the only one to make Alice cards! ;) another player did the same thing. I had to lol!

Back
Top Bottom