OrganicMama

ATC Guru
Media
Cards Due By: July 17th, 2008
Number of Cards: 4 for 4
Number of Players: 35

Audrey Hepburn Swap

audrey_hepburn.jpg

She was (and still is, in my estimation) the loveliest of the loveliest. She was a great actress, a good person, and has one heck of a life story. She was gorgeous as a young woman and that beauty continued throughout Her life. Really, is there anyone that doesn't love Her?

So let's share that love, grace, beauty, and simplicity that make Audrey Hepburn fabulous.

1) Send in cards that you are proud of and would like to receive - cards that you put some solid effort into and will have a hard time parting with...you know what I mean...

2) Please put your user name and the swap name on:
*the back of each and every card you send.
*the envelope that you mail to me.
*your return envelope.

3) Keep the cards light and thin to keep everyone's postage costs to a minimum! Nothing heavy or too thick. It's nice when the cards fit in sleeves.

4) Include a SASE with 59 cents in postage if you are mailing from the USA. Remember that the postage rates are going up!!

5) International players - I can pay for the postage for 5 international players. Other international folk are welcome if you can cover the cost of postage yourself.

6) This is a 4 for 4 swap. Send me four cards and you will get four back. Host cards are not required, but would certainly be enjoyed.

7) When you are ready to send your cards, let me know and I will PM you my address.

8) I will leave you iTrader feedback as soon as I receive your cards. I hope that you will do the same for me when you receive your returns, as well as leaving reputations for the artists who made your returns. We all like to know where our babies end up!

9) Cards can be any media - collage, hand drawn, digital (make a nice print, please), or other. Just keep them within the Audrey Hepburn Theme

If you need information or inspiration, check out;

Audrey Hepburn.com
or
The Wiki Article on Ms. Hepburn
...or just Google her. Lots comes up!

Have fun, be kind, inspire beauty.

Play.

1. PamPie (CO)
2. bookviper (CA)....received 5/22
3. stormarela (Canada - paying own postage)....received 5/28
4. jonquil (Australia - Int'l 1)....received 7/1
5. Joni Owens (SC)....received 5/30
6. musicgal (PA)
7. Poodle Pup (Australia - paying own postage)....received 6/2
8. sweetest-sin (UK - Int'l 2)....received 6/3
9. Arbriel (OR)....received 6/7
10. slrandom (OR)
11. stampingsandy (??)
etc...

and Me!!

Last edited:
I've added you, Joni. (Funny - that's my midwife's first name. It feels odd to type it in this context. I can't imagine her doing mail art.)

Anyone else? Any media, all Audrey...it's going to be so awesome!

Roman Holiday is one of my all-time favorite movies...
Any other favorites? My Fair Lady is another for me.
What else?

My cards are ready. Just pm me your addy and I'll send them out asap.

A Wonderful Piece of Writing by 'Our Lady'

I have read this many times. It is a wonderful poem that Audrey Hepburn wrote
when asked to share her "beauty tips." I think it really says a lot about how She tried to live her life - I hope I can continue to remember to put these words into practice.

For attractive lips ,
Speak words of kindness...
For lovely eyes ,
Seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure ,
Share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair ,
Llet a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.
For poise ,
Walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone...
People, even more than things, have to be restored,
renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed;
never throw out anyone.

Remember,
If you ever need a helping hand,
you will find one at the end of each of your arms.

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands;
one for helping yourself and the other for helping others.

This is a beautiful poem - thanks for sharing - Audry was really something special - and yes we all should try to put these words into practice :)

I read a biography of her no that long ago - it was really good learning about her life from her early dance career, to actress, to motherhood and humanitarian...she was beautiful inside and out...

Oh my - I love the Audrey stamp! Must look into gettng sme of those...

Back
Top Bottom