December Pick-a-Theme, due February 15, 2016

xstitcher

Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough alrea
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Date – February 15, 2016
Withdraw – None, once signed up with a theme you’re in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of Cards - 4 cards for a full group
Number of participants -8 groups of 5 players

Welcome to the December Pick-A-Theme
Sorry we are full! Thank you for your interest!​

To Play you must have:
~ an established positive iTrader rating of +15
~ no negatives within the last 6 months
~ no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months
~ NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don’t ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to answer them. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through could receive 5 negative iTraders.

In several of my past PATs there have been due date problems so.......... I strongly suggest not waiting until the last week or two before the due date to mail cards in case life or the postal system causes problems. Neither situation is fun for me or you so consider getting them made and mailed to me ASAP

General Information:

~ This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign-ups will end when all spots are filled.
~ Pick a group, pick a theme.
~ You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group.
~ Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme.
~ Receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member of your group.
~ Send cards you are proud of.
~ To cut down on possible mail machine malfunctions, NO Bulky embellishments.
~ No withdrawal once you sign up with a theme, as some artists start cards immediately.
~ CARDS are to be in my hands on/before February 15, 2016. I know life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as soon as possible so we can work it out.

Pick-A-Theme Examples

~ Regular – Generic themes where is it easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. or less generic themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage images. Examples of regular themes include: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc. (Real people or characters in books or movies are not regular themes!)

~ Challenging –Themes that usually require research and reference. Examples are real people, characters from books or movies or perhaps obscure themes such as “Dogs in Victorian England.” They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort. If you have internet references please include the best one of them so I can post it for your fellow group members

Card information:

~ All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. (If you don’t protect them some way and I will provide them. I don’t want that to stop anyone from playing.)

~ Please put your username, the group number and the recipient’s username on each card you make.

~ If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not required.

~ I would love a hostess card to add to my collection!! It is not required but always appreciated!

**** I appreciate those of you who want to share your materials, but my talents are limited to cross stitching so what I receive for any other purpose I share with others. I don’t mind passing it on I just want you all to know I do.

Mailing Information:

USA folks -----

Please enclose a self-addressed envelope and postage. As for postage I think since there are at least 4 cards it is a good idea to put .71 on the envelope, either a forever stamp and .22 or .71 in stamps. If you want to do it for a forever stamp or .49 you can though, your choice! If you are in 2 groups you really need .71!

INTERNATIONAL folks ----

Please enclose an address label or address printed clearly on a piece of paper. I will supply envelopes to save you a little bit of postage! A dollar bill or US stamps are appreciated, but if you don’t have either please don’t let that stop you from joining the fun.

I would love a hostess card to add to my collection!! It is not required but always appreciated!

Last edited:
Your name turns a color when I have your cards.
Your name is bold when I know you have your new cards.

Group 1 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Regular Themes
1. Shawnicaitlin – Whimsical Colorful Roosters
2. neekahbelle - Foxes
3. GwennieJo – Any Animal in a Cup
4. CiCiCreates – Flowers in a Window Box
5. kynara – Cats doing Silly Things (drinking coffee, playing video games, typing... etc)

Group 2 – Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Regular Themes
1. Shawnicaitlin – Whimsical Colorful Roosters
2. artsylola - Goddess
3. CiCiCreates – – Bichon Frise Dog
4. Deblit –Fantasy such a Fairy, Goblins and Dragons
5. Miss M – Koi or Goldfish

Group 3 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Challenging Themes
1. neekahbelleZatanna
2. artsylola – Whimsical Frida
3. Deblit – Draw Yourself Whimsical or Realistic
4. Kentuckydakota – Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix
5. michelle81 – Phantom of the Opera (Gerard Butler or Ben Lewis versions)

Group 4 – Any Media (HD/HP/Collage/Digital/Photo/Fabric) ~ Regular Themes
1. raven - Rain
2. Katelnorth – Black Birds (any bird that is black, not limited to Blackbirds)
3. canadarosebud – Pin-Up Girl (would be great if it’s on a motorcycle)
4. RockingBearRanch - inspired by The Big Lebowski or Bowling (if you don't know the movie)
5. Marryth – Tree APCs (cards)

Group 5 – Any Media (HD/HP/Collage/Digital/Photo/Fabric) ~ Regular Themes
1. raven - Cakes
2. LucyMc - Houses
3. Amapola – Lotus Flower
4. desert_artist - Steampunk Valentines
5. Allegrae – Seafood

Group 6 – Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Regular Themes
1. Linda4atc – Mermaid with a Companion
2 .LucyMc - Lighthouses
3. mynameisJen – Under the Sea (any creatures found in the ocean)
4. angelmuz - Artists Choice : Something Fun, Cute, and/or Whimsical
5. TF Balding – Candy Landscapes (think Candy Land without the copyright infringements)

Group 7 - Collage ~ Regular Themes
1. CastleQueen5 – Cats with Attitudes
2. Della – Vintage Seed Packages
3. Nancy – Person with a Cats Head
4. mrubyjean - Zetti Animals
5. Marryth - Hot Air Balloon APCs (cards)

Group 8- Collage ~ Challenging Themes
1. CastleQueen5 - The Geigo Gecko APCs (cards)
2. Amapola - APC with Postage Stamp of a Famous Woman look here for cards and more explanation of what she wants
3. angelmuz - Steampunk Pinocchio APCs (any character, any card or not)
4. Allegrae - Helen Mirren, Zetti Style
5. desert_artist - Colorful, Whimsical Wonky House with at Least One Heart Somewhere on the Card

Last edited:
I would like to be in Group 1 and Group 2 please. I'll be back with the themes very soon!

I'd like group 1 please (I think I'm counting right and I'm the fifth one lol)
be back in a bit with a theme :)

Welcome to everyone who has asked to join!

Groups 1 and 2 are full. Still plenty of spaces everywhere else.

If there is no interest in collage or open media groups soon I will change at least one of them to hand drawn/hand painted.

Last edited:
I would like the challenging group 8.

My theme will be The Geigo gecko APC please

Diamonds: Person 2, 2 of diamonds, Person 3, 3 of diamonds, Person 4, 4 diamonds, person 5, 5 of diamonds. Easy peasy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom