Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

#23- Most Marvelous Moley Group

#23- Most Marvelous Moley Group- FULL
    First Mail Out Date: March, 2016
    No Withdrawal Date
    Number of players: 10

PLEASE BE AWARE:

Because these type of swaps require a huge, very long-term commitment of time and resources, there are special requirements for participation in a swap of this type.

You must:
    - Be an actively trading AFA member (defined as: positive iTrader across 2 swaps in the last 3 months)
    - Have 3+ months in good standing (no neutrals or negative iTraders)
    - Have an iTrader rating of 25+
    - Be willing and able to do your very best work on a strict, inflexible time line, over a long period
    - Be willing and able to complete the set number of journal pages in the themes chosen by your fellow participants depending on the journal group guidelines
    - Have the cash resources necessary to ship the journals around the world using First Class or Airmail. Please use tracking where available.
    - First-time circle journal/moley participants may only sign up for one moley group at a time.

Your Host will:
    -Check to see that you fulfill the requirements listed above
    -Need your real name, address, telephone number, email and a second contact number private messaged to her (possibly a fingerprint and blood sample if these don't seem legit )
    -Only consider you enrolled in the moley swap once both of the above are completed (I was joking about the fingerprint and blood sample though)
    -Leave negative itrader if you scarper with someone's book, disappear from the site mid-swap or in any other way violate afa's rules to the level that a negative itrader is warranted.

Each artist will:
    -pm their contact information to the hostess
    -list their theme in the thread with all details needed to make their pages spectacular
    -prepare their travel pages
    -communicate regularly in the thread
    -mail on time (Or have a darn good reason why they might be a day or two late)

Please post whenever you receive or mail a book and provide tracking numbers. And keep the communication flowing.
    We all know life happens. If you are falling behind, contact me. There are ways for me to help, but only if I'm aware there's a problem.

We will be using the Japanese Moleskine accordion style pocket album. Size 3.5" x 5.5".
    These can be purchased online:
    http://www.moleskine.com/en/collecti...e-album-pocket
    http://www.amazon.com/Moleskine-Japa...apanese+pocket

So Here We Go!

Pick a theme and let's get to decorating those travel pages.

Typically your travel pages will include:
    1. A Title (Theme)
    2. Your real name and address
    3.The travel route your journal will take
    4. A sign-in page

If you like, you can also include any special instructions or even a small thank you gift for your fellow artists. (I'm not saying the art is better when you do this...but, y'know, it's your call.)

Next decorate the first 3 accordion pages, leaving the rest of the pages blank for the other 9 artists to decorate. And that's it. You're ready for our first mail out.

Be sure your book is securely packaged. Wax paper should be placed between each page to keep the art from sticking together, especially in hot months. Plastic ziplock bags and bubble mailers are recommended.

Mailing Order:
    1. Linda4atcshas Book Home
    2. angelmuz has Book Home
    3. Kentuckydakota has Book Home
    4. Mesektet has Book Home
    5. Miss M has Book home
    6. GwennieJo hasBook Home
    7. Iridescent888 hasBook Home
    8. moonrose442 hasBook Home
    9. Coyote has Book Home
    10.Tandy has Book Home
    Last edited by kentuckydakota; 04-20-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming
    soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. -Revelation 22:20
    Monochrome Rainbow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Linda4atcs-THEME: Life in the Garden
    Lots of Flowers and anything that lives in the garden, real or fantasy.
    DO's: Fill your pages with flowers, birds, butterflies, insects, rabbits, squirrels, more flowers, fairies, gnomes, etc. (optional add a favorite quote)
    DON'Ts: Nothing Bulky. Don't just make a row of of flowers with a critter or two. Don't leave a lots of ground or sky, make it fun.
    MEDIA: Do what you do best as long as it's not bulky.

2. angelmuz Theme: Steampunk Storytime
    I know its a theme I keep making everyone do who swaps with me! But I just love it. So I am thinking that we stick to mainline fairytales or stories.For example anything Disney turned into a cartoon movie. Now, I am NOT saying to draw it in disney character style, make it your own style, but use those stories. Jungle book, Cinderella, Snow white, Pinocchio, The little mermaid, Tarzan etc... (even the aristocats if you want too!!)
    Do: I do ask that you each do a different story, please don't repeat the ones done before you. Then once you pick your tale, please steampunk it up a bit. Gives it a new look, retro and victorianesque. And PLEASE do cover the whole three pages, not just one pic in the middle and coloring all around it.
    Don't: Please do not do horror or gore or nudity.
    Media: Use whatever medium you enjoy the most and can design most comfortably in- mixed media, or HD, HP

3. kentuckydakota- Theme: Dead Men Tell No Tales
    Buccaneer, Corsair, Marauder, Scallywag, that's right- thar be Pirates 'ere! Cutthroat crews, Schooners with skull and crossbones flying, back-stabbing ruffians, and lovable rogues. I want it all!
    DO: Let your imagination go. Use references from favorite pirate movies, characters, books or historical pirates. Give me action and adventure. If your art seems to tell a story I will be thrilled! A pirate map is fine for a background image, but please include a focal point as well. If you like to make pockets, things that move, open, or spin- I like that too! Fill those pages with eye catching images and activity for me to discover. Let the art overflow into the next persons page just a bit to give an unbroken feel to the scene.
    DON’T: Please no nudity- all heaving bosoms should remain inside blouses. (Perilously close to popping out is ok). Please do not put one image on the spread and call it done-there is plenty of space so use it all
    MEDIA:Work in whatever media is your best. I love Hd and Mixed Media where there are some hand drawn elements included.

4. mesektet-Theme: Small Town Charm
    A few years ago, I moved out to a small town from the city to teach and have fallen in love with it. I love that I always run into people I know at the shops, the events/street parties that we have, the fact that my neighbours really do stop by to borrow a cup of sugar.
    I’d like this Moley to be one long view of the same small town and all the things that it has to offer. People, places, events. What makes a small town special?
    DO: Feel free to go slightly into the next page or follow on from the previous artist’s work. I’d like the art to flow and be a continuous view of the town. Please ask if you need any inspiration or want to check whether something makes sense for a small town.
    DON’T: Please only include things that would be appropriate for children. No blood, gore, etc.
    MEDIA: Any. Just keep it fairly thin to make it easier to post and for other artists to do their work.

5. Miss M- Theme = The Secret Life of Birds
    What do birds do when people aren't watching? Do they play tennis? Have tea parties? Throw lavish weddings? Are there bird inventors? Do they drive cars? Do they know how to surf the internet? Capture a scene depicting an aspect of the secret life of birds.
    DO's: Realistic or whimsical, tell a story with your spread. Must show at least one bird. Love colour.
    DON'Ts: I'd like to avoid tip-ins, and making the spread over thick (as long as the moley can close).
    MEDIA: I prefer HD/DP. I'm open to a well done mixed-media collage.

6. GwennieJo-Theme: Illustrated Quotes
    What quote is meaningful to you? What words resonate with your soul? Maybe it’s a quote from Buddha, part of a poem, a line or two from a song, a passage from the Bible, or an anecdote from your own life. Please illustrate your favorite quote(s) either by writing the words in an artistic manner or using imagery to illustrate the meaning.
    DO: Please include your quote and source (if known) on your page somewhere. You can illustrate one, two or three quotes (one per page) if you wish. And please be artistic.
    DON’T: Please no profanity or swear words. No plain handwritten quotes without a background or art.
    MEDIA: I prefer HD/HP but mixed media/collage of your own art, nicely done, is fine, too.

7. Iridescent888- Theme : Lucy in the sky with diamonds
    I am a kid of the Beatles era and for this theme let your imagination change like a kaleidoscope as we finally find out what Lucy really looks like, who got her those diamonds and why in the heck is she in the sky. If you don't know the song then look up the lyrics and if you do I hope you sing along.
    Do: tell a story and get familiar with the lyrics as Lucy sounds like one far out chick that digs rocks, colors, flys ,and knows the Fab Four. Dig it?
    Don'ts: no need to be plain or shy. I expect to hallucinate on the full pages of color !
    Media: love love HD/HP. If not just give it your best man.
    Right on!

8. moonrose442- Theme = fantasy love
    Meaning dragon with its pet fairy . A fairy hugging a flower or mermaid with her baby.
    Any kind of fantasy animal or humanoid that love each other as friends, family or care giving way.
    DO's: Realistic, whimsical, any style. Show love or friendship love.
    Background of places they would be not just plane. (more then 1 color or zen is fine too. Something not nothing.)
    Make sure your humanoid show there not human. ( with ears wing or extra arm or hoofs )
    DON'Ts: don’t make it all hearts valentine like. Not over pink. Not bloody. Sex or nude sexily scenes.
    No political right stuff.
    not any romantic love
    No humans.
    MEDIA: any media your best at. Love HP/HD work.
    Not big fan of collage. But collage of own art work, mixed media is cool.

9.Coyote: Theme- Noble or Humble Members of the Canine Kingdom:
    I was given a book by my grandmother just before she died that had beautiful art of dogs in noble portraits. BUT! They were dog's heads on human bodies. I have the book at home and will post photos here in a little bit.
    Do: Create a portrait of the most noble (or humble) member of the Canine Kingdom! (The first one I will be putting in is my dog Fitz dressed as a Bard.) Each portrait should have a somewhat sarcastic description of the Noblitiy or Humble canine you are drawing/painting. For Example: Journayman Fitzgerald Fleetfoot: His parents strongly encouraged him to be a warrior, but the solomn little lad had not the stomach for fighting. Instead he wore away the hours prancing around his cousin taunting her with songs whilst she slashed at him with a wood sword.
    BE CREATIVE!
    Don'ts: Magazine images, computer images, stickers, etc.
    Media: Hd/Hp!

10.TandyTheme: Crustaceans (crabs, lobsters, etc.)
    Do: Realistic or whimsical. Fill your 3-pages with one horizontal scene. Have your crustacean(s) in some kind of environment (eg. Ocean, beach, boat, dock, restaurant, grocery store, etc.). Fill the entire 3-pages. Sign the back of your artwork and give it a title (you can sign front too if you want; it's optional).
    Don't: Tip-ins. 3-D elements. Zen tangle. Zetti. Blood/gore.
    Media: Prefer HD/HP. Mixed media okay. Minimal collage okay, as long as main image is HD/HP.
    Last edited by kentuckydakota; 02-15-2016 at 03:54 AM.
    soon."
    Monochrome Rainbow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in. I'll get back to you with my theme.
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!
    Victory in Jesus:"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."~1 John 4:4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, great! Welcome Tandy
    Last edited by kentuckydakota; 02-01-2016 at 03:51 AM.
    soon."
    Monochrome Rainbow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first moley! Looking forward to this

1. Theme = The Secret Life of Birds
    What do birds do when people aren't watching? Do they play tennis? Have tea parties? Throw lavish weddings? Are there bird inventors? Do they drive cars? Do they know how to surf the internet? Capture a scene depicting an aspect of the secret life of birds.
    2. DO's: Realistic or whimsical, tell a story with your spread. Must show at least one bird. Love colour.
    3. DON'Ts: I'd like to avoid tip-ins, and making the spread over thick (as long as the moley can close).
    4. MEDIA: I prefer HD/DP. I'm open to a well done mixed-media collage.
    Last edited by Miss M; 02-01-2016 at 09:58 AM.
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    instagram :
    My available atcs: My APC list
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH, what a great theme! Such a fun idea with lots of possibilities Welcome Miss M
    soon."
    Monochrome Rainbow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks KentuckyD!
    instagram :
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up. I'll get back tonight with my theme after work.
    Ebay

Also, I have new addy!! So ask!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in! =) Now to think of a theme...

Is there somewhere I can see an example of the travel pages? Are they part of the book or do they fit in the back pocket?
    Join me for an August ATCs Challenge!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesektet View Post
    I'm in! =) Now to think of a theme...

Is there somewhere I can see an example of the travel pages? Are they part of the book or do they fit in the back pocket?
    Check out the beginning pages in the Moley #22 thread for examples. I also have mine posted in my gallery.
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!
    Victory in Jesus:"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."~1 John 4:4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few examples of travel pages I had from past moleys. And yes, there are lots of examples in past moley groups. They are done on the inside cover, the one page (both sides) that is not part of the accordion pages, and sometimes the back pocket.
    Last edited by kentuckydakota; 02-01-2016 at 08:44 PM.
    soon."
    Monochrome Rainbow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is another example. You can make them as elaborate or as simple as you like. In this example I combined my address and Title page on one page, travel page on the second and sign in on the third.
    soon."
    Monochrome Rainbow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and welcome moonrose442 and Mesektet! So glad to have you join in
    soon."
    Monochrome Rainbow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone knows of someone who might like to join us, feel free to mention it. We have a few spots left.
    soon."
    Monochrome Rainbow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    . Theme = fantasy love

Meaning dragon with its pet fairy . A fairy hugging a flower or mermaid with her baby.
    Any kind of fantasy animal or humanoid that love each other as friends, family or care giving way.

2. DO's:
    Realistic, whimsical, any style. Show love or friendship love.
    Background of places they would be not just plane. (more then 1 color or zen is fine too. Something not nothing.)
    Make sure your humanoid show there not human. ( with ears wing or extra arm or hoofs )

3. DON'Ts:
    don’t make it all hearts valentine like. Not over pink. Not bloody. Sex or nude sexily scenes.
    No political right stuff.

not any romantic love

No humans.

4. MEDIA:
    any media your best at. Love HP/HD work.
    Not big fan of collage. But collage of own art work, mixed media is cool.
    Ebay

Also, I have new addy!! So ask!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am pondering this! I've never done it before and would need some coaching...
    Gwen in VT
    Worry is a misuse of your imagination.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, tempting... I've had an empty Moley in my desk drawer for a very long time...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    More potential peeps!

GwennieJo you wouldn't be alone, I've never done this before either.
    instagram :

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It actually is quite simple once you get started GwennieJo and fun to have a somewhat bigger canvas to art on. Plus having a whole month to work on each spread makes it really nice.
    I was nervous with my first moley, but it turned out to be pretty simple and fun.
    Hope you jump in, dear.
    soon."
    Monochrome Rainbow

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miss, it would be LOVELY to have you join in!
    soon."
    Monochrome Rainbow