Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AFA DOWNUNDER MEET - TASMANIA - 4th - 7th October 2016 - Come on Down!

Mouseit is offline Valuing the Past - Creating the future!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

AFA DOWNUNDER MEET - TASMANIA - 4th - 7th October 2016 - Come on Down!

AFA DOWNUNDER MEET
    Tuesday 4th (optional Tour day for participants & families only) - Friday 7th October 2016
    DEVONPORT - TASMANIA – AUSTRALIA
    Ok Here we go again for our 4th live meet! Tasmania here we come!!!
    This live meet will be held from Wednesday 5th October until Friday 7th October with a Tour day for our visitors on Tuesday 4th October – more about this later!
    You will notice that today’s date is a long way from October but it needs to be done now as I personally will be away from AFA for 2 months during June, July and August this year traveling the world so have to have everything in place before then. Let me tell you though having said that, anyone who has ever come to one of our meets knows that time comes around extremely fast and we do want to give our international visitors a chance to get cheaper air plane tickets etc when they can.
    As you know each year our AFA members in Australia and New Zealand continue to rise and getting together always is a blast when you can do it with people of like mind, while having great crafting lessons along the way. A great way to make and meet new friends too! This doesn’t mean that International visitors are not invited! I know we have a lady from Canada coming!
    The event hosts will be myself, Mouseit as the main hostess, with help from Donnacr, Cathy1 and D-Dazzled71.

The event will be held at Bev’s Cross Crafts in Spreyton, a 10 minute drive from where we will be staying at the Barclay Motor Inn in Devonport. Barclay Motor Inn has given us a great corporate rate on the rooms, and I am impressed with the rooms. There is also a pool and tennis court! Transport will be provided and Bev’s is a HUGE store so make sure you bring your pennies for those special items you might want to take back with you.
    Please note: It will only be the FIRST 20 people who put their names down that will be able to attend as the size of the room only takes 20 participants. We already have another craft group lining up to attend, but its only open to AFA members at first, and the last places will be open to them.
    We are in negotiations with Bev who will be offering some great classes and if anyone who would like to offer to do/share a class of some technique or craft, please let me know asap as there is an information sheet to fill in for the lesson program.
    So post to this thread if you intend coming and I will compile a list of those interested/attending.

We are also offering a Tour day for those of you who are interested in visiting a bit more of Tasmania than just Devonport, and we are going to visit “Gunns plains zoo” to see lots of Tassie wildlife, an olive farm and have a BBQ lunch in the wilds of Wilmot (where every letter box is an adventure and different) and then a local winery, and if possible a visit to the fabulous Anvers chocolate factory.

So who is going to join Mouseit, Donnacr, D-Dazzled71 in a glass of champagne (or Baileys) to kick off the event????

I will keep the list below update: We will have some supporters following us from afar and we hope to update you as to happenings during our time together. Others will be attending the event and I will note that on the list as well.

ATTENDING:
    Mouseit
    Donnacr
    Jonquil
    Mak
    Alicen
    OwlLady
    Maz

Attending Class days
    Neca84

Tassie ATC Makers Attending
    Dale
    Amanda
    Laurie

Treasy - Maybe

Following from Afar
    Cathy1
    Just Ducky
    VikingLady
    Last edited by Mouseit; 09-13-2016 at 08:00 PM.
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're unlikely to be making it to Tasmania this year. Since we're planning/saving for Europe in 2017, we've decided Tasmania is probably a bit too expensive for us and will be organising instead a shorter holiday with cheaper flights.

Hope you guys have fun though! Would have been nice to see ya'all again.

Read my books or follow my latest project:Animal-a-Day
    and play the game, "Zootrophy"

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    very interested in attending the class day
    Carol
    Carol, from Tasmania, Australia

kiwicsi is offline Mrs Artemus Gordon of The Wild Wild West
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely off the cards for me this year as we are busy saving up for Hawaii, but will be thinking of you guys and will be there in spirit! Please think of me when you scoff the chocolates, Ruth!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lemurkat and Kiwicsi, I know that feeling, if the meet was anywhere but Tassie I would not be going either... well maybe as I have this world trip to do first!

Neca84 - Have you down as an interested attendee...
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the invite, it sounds like great fun. With any luck I'll be recovering from surgery around that time, so I must regretfully decline.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES YES YES. I have been saving my air miles so I will definitely be there. Will be great to catch up with old friends and to make new ones.

I am not very often on the site these days as I don't have access to the Internet at home but hopefully they will do the cabling soon. It's only been 8 months lol.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kiwicsi and LemurKat I believe next year is in Auckland New Zealand so we will hopefully catch up then. Enjoy your upcoming trips.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt I'll have enough leave left to attend next year! Given the great europe trip will be for 5 weeks (if work approve it - *fingers crossed*). But, we'll see... After Europe it's onto "pay off the mortgage as soon as possible".

Who is organising Auckland?

Read my books or follow my latest project:Animal-a-Day
    and play the game, "Zootrophy"

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for letting us know Platypus - I hope your surgery goes well and you recover well.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OOH Yes Auckland - I am already saving for that, but I might have enough air mile points to cover that distance! whoohooo

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to wet your appitite!
    Here is Bev's Cross Crafts and this is the venue of the meet. I should let you all know Bev's is in an old supermarket - so you can guess at the size of it!

http://www.bevscrosscrafts.com.au/
    Last edited by Mouseit; 03-15-2016 at 06:59 PM.

kiwicsi is offline Mrs Artemus Gordon of The Wild Wild West
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any ideas where in Auckland next year? I'm hoping to stay with my mother in law who lives there so that would make a very cheap trip for once.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry can not come
    Love & Blessings Carol

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for letting us know Caz50!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    A bit out of the question for me, but good luck and hope you have an enjoyable meet.
    It's all about the ART
    DownUnder Oz/NZ Chat http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...66#post1628666

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for letting us know Beachcomber. We do indeed have a great time!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to reply to your FB post but it seems to have gone into the ether, never to return.
    Yes, I am coming and will teach 2 classes. I can remember that one of them was waterfall cards (very simple but effective) for the 2nd class I can either show how to make easel cards (ATC size) or I am still trying to work out how to resize a never ending card to ATC size.
    Any other suggestions gratefully accepted - possibly a simple quilling class?

Would there be a single room that I could book at the hotel? What are the arrangements for booking rooms as I may have to be there for different dates haven't looked at flights yet)?
    Now hosting: Who are you? (signature cards), Flowers - NOT HD/ HP
    sorry for going MIA but this latest round of chemo has really kicked my butt - slowly catching up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next year will be my first trip to NZ - already looking forward to it!!
    Now hosting: Who are you? (signature cards), Flowers - NOT HD/ HP
    sorry for going MIA but this latest round of chemo has really kicked my butt - slowly catching up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Donna, to book rooms you just give them a ring and tell them you are with the AFA ATC Makers group and they will give you corporate room rate......BUT you might like to read your messages first...LOL