Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFA DOWNUNDER MEET - TASMANIA - 4th - 7th October 2016 - Come on Down!

Mouseit is offline Valuing the Past - Creating the future!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started a post and pushed the big red X by mistake.. LOL Here we go again.

For you lovely ladies who are attending this meet there are a few things you can be working on to prepare you for the meet.
    1. A creative name badge - there is a prize for the best one.
    2. 20 Signature cards.
    I have added here examples of what I did the last couple of times to give you a sample.
    Back: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=447859
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=447860 http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=447858
    3. Trade cards - as we do a live trade with those who attend - I usually make an extra card for all the Australian swaps I am in and others that I make over the year. You can bring along your Available folder if you wish.
    4. Think about something that you would like to donate 20 of for the gift bags.. LOL (this is only if you want to donate something)

That should keep you busy! LOL
    Last edited by Mouseit; 04-03-2016 at 07:17 AM.
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    mouseit - I offered to make the bags for this year and managed to luck out some gorgeous MOUSETACHE material!!
    I haven't been game to cut it yet but I have last year's bag for a template and will start them soon - good to know that I have to make 20 as there is an upper limit.
    Now hosting: Who are you? (signature cards), Flowers - NOT HD/ HP
    sorry for going MIA but this latest round of chemo has really kicked my butt - slowly catching up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHOOOHOOO Donna that's fabulous.... Can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Mousestashes.. heehee *snickers and laughs* Brings back fabulous memories....
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Memories...........heehee HAHA

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Attending Ladies, is there any of you who are willing to do a show and tell class?
    I am trying to have the program set by the time I go away in a little over 8 weeks time....yep thats all the time I have left..LOL

Anyone...?? RAISE YOUR HAND! heehee

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseit View Post
    Ok Attending Ladies, is there any of you who are willing to do a show and tell class?
    I am trying to have the program set by the time I go away in a little over 8 weeks time....yep thats all the time I have left..LOL

Anyone...?? RAISE YOUR HAND! heehee
    Hi Ruth,

How long is the class for and is it relating to ATC's only?

I could do a creative background making class on A4 watercolour paper with acrylic paints and dylusions sprays and stencils.

Would be better if it was also a hands-on class, so after the demonstration oops show and tell, everyone could play.

I would get Alicen to help me.

Marion
    Marion

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mak, the classes/show and tells go for about an hour and a half (well that's the time allotted to each class. I should send you last years program so you get the gist of it all, I might do that.

We are happy to do any sort of craft thing, specially if we can incorporate into ATCs later! Plenty of time to show and then let us do, which is usually the way it works.

I will email you I think I now have your email address, but you might like to PM it to me...LOL

THANKS FOR VOLUNTEERING!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe me and Ducks can grab hold of Mousies tail as she flies over the U S of A this summer... I will hang on tight and land in TAS-land with her.... it's that or I going to have to find a whole lot of empty pop/beer cans along side the road so I can turn them into cash...

dang, I sure wish I could meet with you guys... I not giving up.. maybe next year.
    and oh, would I love being turned loose in the craft store of Bev's...
    Ain't Life Just Ducky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next year its in Auckland New Zealand Ducks... LOL is that a cheaper flight?
    And I can stuff you in my suitcase as I fly over this year......
    I wonder if we could take up a collection????
    If everyone put in a $...... heehee we would get $20 !!! Well its a start..LOL

Looking at the sides of the road for more bottles for you....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Planning is well under way ladies!!! with only 7 weeks to go before I leave the country I am working hard on doing the program so its not rushed at the last minute.... yes I was an honorary Brownie...LOL

Its all looking good, am now waiting for folks doing lessons to send me the class form so it can be entered into the program....

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    With only about 6 weeks before My hubby and I leave on our world adventure (not bragging at all) - last night I started to put together some things for the gift bags, with the classes that I now are happening, and I got myself so excited that I thought I would tell you all.. heehee

I can also tell you that we will be learning some new techniques, learning to make our own art journals as well as making some great pages for our art journal, and a few other things besides...

I really can't wait to get back from said world adventure so I can get stuck into this!!! Whoohoo What excitement!!!

Who else is coming????

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok with 29 days to go I am getting a little toey..LOL and VERY EXCITED about both these projects and adventures.... Has anyone got any questions to ask???

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess what Ruth????? I am finally getting around to doing the class plans for you! I will email them to you. Marion
    Marion

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHOOHOO and I am excited now as I have read your class plans looks fabulous Mak!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have started to put together the program ladies!!! And you will all just love what we are going to do.... watch this space!!! heehee

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry girls, some bad news..... One of our favourite people from New Zealand is unable to make it, so I am going to give it a go at her journal making so you don't miss out on that class.
    *sigh* And I was so looking forward to catching up.....Donnacr.....its you and me all over again... heehee .....Keeps looking at D-Dazzled..come on you have too!!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have just emailed you both my classes. Sorry for taking so long but I wanted to give people lots of ideas for what they can do.

We'll be fine - the Dynamic Duo. Happy to make it the Tremendous Trio when you join us D-Dazzled.
    sorry for going MIA but this latest round of chemo has really kicked my butt - slowly catching up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL We have coped before Donna, we will again... with only 2 weeks to go I am hoping to have more things put in place....all the classes are looking good, just waiting to hear from Vikinglady and then I can go away on holidays in a confident frame of mind that all will go as planned..LOL

WHOOHOOO

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know better than that! Plans and agendas are only made so people know what WON'T happen, but that is some of the fun.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Attending

please add me to the list of people attending AFA Downunder Meet in Tasmania in October
    Thank you Maz (Marion Riddell)