Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: #24 - All European Moley Group

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

#24 - All European Moley Group

First Mail Date: September 1, 2016
    Subsequent Mail dates: October 1, 2016 - November 1, 2016 - December 1, 2016 - January 1, 2017 - February 1, 2017 - March 1, 2017 - April 1, 2017 and May 1, 2017
    Due Back in Hand by: June 1, 2017
    Withdraw terms: NOT ALLOWED - be aware - LONG TERM COMMITMENT!

NO SPOTS LEFT AT THE MOMENT -
    European players only for this Moley swap!!

Materials required: One blank Japanese Moleskine accordion style pocket album. Approximate size is 3.5" x 5.5". Available at Amazon.com and at MoleskineUS here. http://www.moleskineus.com/japanesebook.html

AFA says you must:
    •Be an actively trading AFA member (defined as: positive itrader across 2 swaps in the last 3 months)
    •Have 3+ months in good standing (no neutrals or negative iTraders)
    •Have an iTrader rating of 25+
    •Be willing and able to do your very best work on a strict, inflexible time line, over a long period
    •Be willing and able to complete three (3) journal pages in the themes chosen by each of your nine (9) fellow participants
    •Have the cash resources necessary to ship ten (10) journals around the world using First Class mail with mandatory tracking

It is also mandatory that you share your mailing address, a phone number, and a contact person to the host. This is to be sure no journals go MIA - info will only be shared with your fellow Moley members only.

You're responsible for:
    • Choosing and explaining your theme. Each artist will choose their own theme, color scheme/do and don’ts, and special instructions for their own moley’s. You may choose "No theme" if you want participants to "follow their muse."
    • Creating a three (3) page spread in each journal you receive.
    • Include at least your name, username, and date completed on the back of your spread.
    • Shipping to the next artist participant. Use a well padded bubble envelope, sturdy box or a small Flat Rate Box.
    • Paying for First Class mail and MANDATORY tracking/Delivery Confirmation (we want to keep an eye on these precious moleys).

Artist Instructions:
    1. Decorate the covers, if you choose. This may be completed either before or after the journal travels through the rotation. Some prefer to decorate before, to establish theme, palette, and mood. Some prefer to decorate after, to prevent damage to cover art. You decide!

2. Please include: (1) Your real name and address; (2) your username; (3) your assigned "travel-plan"; (4) a sign-in area for artists; and (5) any special instructions; in the two opening pages of your book - which you should also decorate.

3. In addition to decorating your opening, informational pages, please create one, 3-page spread in your own Moleskine journal. Yet another opportunity to establish theme and give the other players an idea of what you are looking for.

4. Be sure to "fix" your art well, to prevent smudging. Allow plenty of time for drying before shipping. Wax paper between pages is a great idea.

5. Please communicate regularly via email, PM, or preferably, in this thread, whenever you have (1) received or (2) shipped a book. Include tracking numbers. We're all investing a huge amount of time, talent, and care in this project, and we want to see everyone's Moleskine journal home safely. Showing up in the thread at least twice a month is part of the deal. Let the other players know that you are still active!

6. In the past there have been issues with journals piling up with one player who is unable to keep up due to unforeseen circumstances. Please communicate to the group if you find yourself falling behind. There are several ways to work around that but we can't help if we don't know what's going on. Communication is essential!

7. Please be sure to mail these journals at the post office personally. There have been incidences in other groups of journals being placed in a player's personal roadside box for mailing and having it stolen.

8. Do remember that NO TIP INS are allowed and do not add bulky stuff to the moley to make sure that no damage occurs during travel.

9. Most important: Be creative, do your very best work, stretch yourself, and have a blast! Oh, and try to show your art in the thread - we all love to share in the fun!

Participants & Themes:

01. Nicky (The Netherlands) - signed in!
    Theme: Music (musical instruments, artist, composers, conductors, musical notes and anything else related to music)
    Do's: Prefer handdrawn/handpainted art
    Don'ts: please no collage

02. Evalila (Germany) - signed in!
    Theme: (By, in, under) the Sea: anything you can think of related to the sea, including fantasy stuff like merfolk.
    Doīs: preferably handdrawn/painted, and dark and gothic is great
    Donīts: no overly cutesy stuff (a little bit is fine, though)

03. Redplantlady (United Kingdom) - signed in!
    Theme: Art Nouveau; William Morris - anything in the style, so swooning ladies are OK, but I also particularly love birds and foliage/animals in trees ... in fact anything you might find in William Morris's work
    Do's: HD/HP and light stamping
    Don'ts: no cute/whimsy stuff

04. Zandradee (United Kingdom) - signed in!
    Theme: Things that make you happy.
    Do's: can be three separate or one long spread (or any combination). open media, but I would encourage you to mix it up -- if you generally avoid mixed media in favour of only HD/HP, this would be a great place to experiment.
    Don'ts:be obvious. please don't repeat something someone else had already done within the moley.

05. Will (The Netherlands) - signed in!
    Theme: Alice in Wonderland
    Do's: hand drawn/ hand painted, Stamping
    Don'ts: no collages, gothic or other dark scenes

06. Gemininorms (Ireland) - signed in!
    Theme : Tree of Life
    Please draw/paint any tree over the three page spread, can be in fruit, flowering (like cherry trees), in spring, whatever you feel is right. Place your tree in a nice scenery like a forest clearing, a windswept cliff, an orchard, etc. You could draw the tree from different perspectives (below, in the branches, endless possibilities) and please feel free to add animals if you want, it is a tree of life after all.
    Do : Hand drawn, Hand painted, lots of colour is good, light mixed media ok
    Don't : all collage, white background, bulky embellishments, dead things, naughty bits...

07. NatashaMay (Slovenia) - signed in!
    Theme: Framed portraits of people or animals. Each page would be a separate framed portrait, so each artist would do three portraits. Portrait as in from the bust up or thereabout. People can be your own style or famous people. For animals you can choose from bust up as well or a full figure but in this case fill the space with the animal. Don't make a forest and a tiny bunny. Don't forget the frame so it looks like a framed picture. You can use mixed media for the frame/background/even hair, clothes, accessories but not the face and no collage, please. If you make a mistake, feel free to gesso/paint over it and start again. I don't mind layers.
    Do's: hand drawn/ hand painted, realistic or whimsical, in color
    Don'ts: scenes, abstract, sketches, white background (fill it at least with color), manga, Disney characters, collage, stickers, bulky objects, glitter that sheds (glitter pens and glitter paint is ok)

08. Ibus (Scotland) - signed in!
    Theme:Fantasy Gnomes, Fairies, Trolls and the rest. Wee hedgerow occupants are fine as well, hedgehogs, dormice, ladybirds and bugs etc are also welcome.
    Do's : HD/HP as much as possible please, some stamping is fine, as is light layers/mixed media.
    Don'ts: No dark vampire, horror etc

09. Vantezy - signed in!
    Theme:Halloween/Dias de los muertos.
    Do's: Handrawn/ Handpainted: Love Vintage, Creepy cute, animation,chibi,Dark,...
    Don'ts: Collage

10. LucyMc - signed in!
    Theme: Bohemian ~ Gypsies
    Do's: Any media - hand-drawn, hand-painted, collage, a mix of all
    Don'ts: No nudes please!
    Last edited by Nicky; 09-05-2016 at 01:31 PM.
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

#24 - All European Moley Group

Mailing Schedule.

We will mail to the same player for the entire 9/10 months. See below (concept - final schedule will follow as soon as we are complete). I will try to keep the travel distance for each moley to a minimum thus hoping to keep the costs as low as possible and to keep the risk of moleys getting lost small.

First mail date will be September 1, 2016 - all moley's should be heading for home at latest on July 1, 2017

MAILING SCHEDULE Round 10 - mail date June 1, 2017:
    01) LUCYMC mails to NATASHAMAY------------- NATASHA's MOLEY IS HOME !!!
    02) NATASHAMAY mails to EVALILA-------------- EVALILA's MOLEY IS HOME !!!
    03) EVALILA mails to GEMININORN-------------- GEMININORN's MOLEY IS HOME !!!
    04) GEMININORN mails to REDPLANTLADY------ REDPLANT's MOLEY IS HOME !!!
    05) REDPLANTLADY mails to ZANDRADEE------- ZANDRADEE's MOLEY IS HOME !!!
    06) ZANDRADEE mails to EVALILA---------------- EVALILA's MOLEY IS HOME!!!
    07) IBUS mails to VANTEZY----------------------- VANTEZY's MOLEY IS HOME !!!
    08) VANTEZY mails to WILL---------------------- WILL's MOLEY IS HOME!!!
    09) WILL mails to NICKY------------------------- NICKY's MOLEY IS HOME !!!
    10) NICKY mails to LUCYMC---------------------- LUCY's MOLEY IS HOME !!!

To see the post by Zandradee with the practical Circle Chart Click Here
    Last edited by Nicky; 07-22-2017 at 07:29 AM. Reason: New Month travel progress

Evalila is offline Things can only get better.....
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soooo exciting!!! Now to decide on my theme... hmmm...
    ~ Evelyn ~ I am not overweight, I am chocolate enriched

My APC Ad

www.shesdreaming.de

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in. I'm already looking around to find inspiration for the theme.

Gemininorn is offline Corrupting thought with language...
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I will! Play I mean, I am currently waiting for my moley to arrive from amazon and my brain is in overdrive for my wanted theme....
    I know, I can be a little overeager at times...
    Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else —> George Orwell, 1984
    http://gemininorn.blogspot.ie

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Officially signing in. Chuffed to be here!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in! Theme: Alice in Wonderland
    Do's: handpainted/HP, Stamping, bright colors, please one double page and one single ( makes three)
    Don'ts: no collages, gothic or other dark scenes, no stickers, no black and white or soft drawings on wich you can't see what it is.
    My moleskine is a regular one, not accordian style. I prefer this and I have a lot unused at home. Glad that they finally will be filled, if thats okay with everyone.
    Last edited by Will; 05-04-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome ladies.... three more to sign in and one more player to find!!!
    @Will - I assume nobody will have a problem with working in a regular (non accordion) styl moley.... ahum - but I seriously expected YOU of all people to have an ACCORDION album
    Seeya , Nicky

Ibus is offline Granny to four gorgeous children!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post

8. Do remember that NO TIP INS are allowed and do not add bulky stuff to the moley to make sure that no damage occurs during travel.
    Signing in (I've wanted to do this for years!)

I'm drawn towards a Follow your Muse theme, with some ideas of what I like.

I don't like Gothic, or other dark themes.

What are tip ins?
    Elizabeth

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I rather play an accordion than draw on it

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will, would you like 3 separate pictures on 3 pages then? or 1 single page and 1 double page? This is my first time doing this, I hope it is not a silly question.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    @IBUS - In this case TIP INs are pages of pieces of drawing that separate and thus can get lost of missing... (for instance by adding parts that can move separately).
    Seeya , Nicky

Evalila is offline Things can only get better.....
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, here we go, my theme is: (By, in, under) the Sea: anything you can think of related to the sea, including fantasy stuff like merfolk.

Doīs: preferably handdrawn/painted, and dark and gothic is great

Donīts: no overly cutesy stuff (a little bit is fine, though)
    ~ Evelyn ~ I am not overweight, I am chocolate enriched

My APC Ad

www.shesdreaming.de

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, my theme is framed portraits of people or animals. Each page would be a separate framed portrait, so each artist would do three portraits. Portrait as in from the bust up or thereabout. People can be your own style or famous people. For animals you can choose from bust up as well or a full figure but in this case fill the space with the animal. Don't make a forest and a tiny bunny. Don't forget the frame so it looks like a framed picture. You can use mixed media for the frame/background/even hair, clothes, accessories but not the face and no collage, please. If you make a mistake, feel free to gesso/paint over it and start again. I don't mind layers.

Do's: hand drawn/ hand painted, realistic or whimsical, in color
    Don'ts: scenes, abstract, sketches, white background (fill it at least with color), manga, Disney characters, collage, stickers, bulky objects, glitter that sheds (glitter pens and glitter paint is ok)

Is my theme ok? Am I being too specific? Let me know and I'll adjust.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since this is my first Moley, what is the protocol or shall I say unwritten rules, if any? You know like hostess card in swaps and similar.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gemininorn: good you mentioned it. One double and one seperate would be my choice!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rules are in the first post NatashaMay... we do not do special things for the host in this and just leave iTraders for the artists that have worked in your moley when you get your moley home safe....
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I have finally been able to make up my mind.

Theme : Tree of Life

Please draw/paint any tree over the three page spread, can be in fruit, flowering (like cherry trees), in spring, whatever you feel is right. Place your tree in a nice scenery like a forest clearing, a windswept cliff, an orchard, etc. You could draw the tree from different perspectives (below, in the branches, endless possibilities) and please feel free to add animals if you want, it is a tree of life after all.

Do : Hand drawn, Hand painted, lots of colour is good, light mixed media ok

Don't : all collage, white background, bulky embellishments, dead things, naughty bits...

If your strength is definitely not drawing or painting let me know and we can figure something out

Ibus is offline Granny to four gorgeous children!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NatashaMay View Post
    Don't forget the frame
    Just to be absolutely clear. You say No Collage, but would you be happy with a frame that is made separately, and stuck in, or do you want the frame painted into the book?
    Elizabeth

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would like the frame to be painted or used mixed media. Thanks for asking, Inbus.