Songbirds #10: Larks, due Nov. 3, 2016

I am pleased with this one of baby larks in the nest (I do know exactly what sort they are but need to check the page I screen shot for when I got confused....skylark, shorelark, woodlark were ones I used I think)
1_IMG_2810.jpg

Last edited:
This one was a beautiful pencil drawing and my use of watercolour/copics didn't really add to him but I think he's still cute.
1_IMG_2809.jpg

Really lovely cards--thanks for posting a little inspiration for us all! PlumHill, I'm guessing there will be room for you since I can go up to 30 participants. :)

Sherri...I am going to have to withdraw for the swap

Hi Sherri...I am so sorry but I am going to have to withdraw from the Songbird 10 Lark swap. Please understand and thank you. Judy...seascape131

I just sat down and sketched out four larks...the Flappet lark, Horned Lark, Rofous Lark and Mongolian Lark. I hope I can get them watercolored and looking nice enough in time :) Mainly, I hope I don't mess them up when I paint them. Lots can go wrong when the paint hits the paper - lol.

I had to go google the Flappet lark, just because the name was so interesting! I'm sure your painting will be lovely. :)

Seascape, I hope you'll be back to play in the later swaps in this Songbird series--we'll miss you!

Last edited:
:shocked:AACK! I can't believe I spelled "you're" wrong--I'm an English teacher! Soooo embarrassing! :embarrassed:

Danielle, I'm crossing mine, too! :)

And Nightowl, of COURSE it must have been auto-correct--or rather, auto INcorrect, haha!

Rae, your cards are here and even better in person! Thanks for the hostie card! :)

Karr3ll, your lovely cards have arrived--thanks for sending an extra!

Lurking for now, gotta test out some lark drawing and see. I'm very interested though cause growing up with my memere she would sing me, Allouette, that french Canadian song about plucking a lark. I'd love to try and incorporate some lyrics to that song. That's if I can make it nice with realistic lark drawings, would something like that fit in? Or are you looking for just nice artwork and images of larks?

I think it would be great if you incorporated your song--as long as you have a realistic bird image you can do whatever else you want! Be creative! :)

Back
Top Bottom