Thread: The Great Big Teeny Tiny Inchie PAT - due Feb 1, 2017

Kynara is offline Heavily caffinated for the safety of others
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

The Great Big Teeny Tiny Inchie PAT - due Feb 1, 2017

Swap Due Date – Feb 1, 2017
    Swap Sign up Date - Dec 17th or until full Closed to new signups
    Withdraw Date - None (once you choose your theme there is no changing groups, themes or withdrawing)
    Number of Players - 8 groups of 5 players each
    Number of Inchies - 3 per member of your group (4 members X 3 inchies each = 12 inchies)

To participate, you need to have a +15 itrader, no negatives in the past 6 months, no neutrals in the past 3 months.

The Important Basics:
    - Please measure your paper carefully and cut your sides even. I will not accept anything that's more than and eighth of an inch off the correct size.
    - If you use thick embellishments on your cards, please include a .21 stamp for each card to cover “non-machinable” to it’s new home. (please consider NOT using thick or bumpy embellishments for cards that I will have to mail internationally!! If I have to mail it in a bubble envie internationally the price goes up to $9.50 or $12.50! depending on the country ...crazy prices...)
    - Originals only - no copies or prints (prints meaning duplicates of original artwork).
    - Please only send work you are proud of.
    - Please write on the back of each inchie who the card is for and group number. I may not use the same mailer you send in so please don't write it on that only.
    - Late cards and/or no cards will result in a neutral or negative iTrader from the hostess and each group member. (envelopes postmarked on the due date or after WILL receive a neutral iTrader from me)
    *Please do not mail 2-3 days before the due date and expect them to be on time, this is inconsiderate to your fellow group players.

Postage Requirements:

US - clearly write or type your address in black or blue (not a pastel blue...lol) on a mailing label or piece of paper, your address should be at least 1" x 2" - please do not send SASEs! I prefer using my own envelopes.
    (no return address labels, they're too small)
    1 group - .47 (forever) or .68 (recommended for collage)
    2 groups - .68 or .89 (recommended for collage) or two forever stamps
    *I return unneeded postage unless told otherwise.
    I can also accept Paypal if you prefer that route. PM for Paypal details.

International - clearly write or type your address on a mailing label or piece of paper - I will provide envelopes
    1 group - $1 USD or US Stamp, Paypal or your own country's postage equivalent for that weight
    2 groups - $2 USD or US Stamp, Paypal or your own country's postage equivalent for that weight
    (I love international postage and can sometimes use them for international swaps )

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail. If you post your request for my addy in the thread, I will not see it right away.
    I'm still in Dix, IL if you have my addy from a previous swap, but please let me know that you've mailed! (please do not mail to Plainfield, IN, I am no longer there!)

When you receive your returns for the swap, please remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) so I know you're returns have arrived and iTraders for each member of your group.

~ Easy Theme Examples – Generic themes where is it easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. or less generic themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage images. examples: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc. Even something like a bird sitting on a cat that is chasing a pig in a hat it's detailed, but is easily referenced. I'd rather not allow books/movies/tv shows etc in this PAT even if its "any character"
    If you're unsure of a theme, please ask me via PM.

~ Challenging – Themes that usually require research and printing out special images (for the collage/apc groups). They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort. If you have internet references please include the best one of them so I can post it for your fellow group members. TV Shows/Movies/Books & specific characters are allowed.

Please choose your theme within 48 hours (2 days) of signing up or you may lose your spot
    Last edited by Kynara; 01-23-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tips on how to mail inchies: post #66 & #67

FULL Group 1: Hand Drawn/Hand Painted - Easy Themes (3 for each group member)
    1. BexMadeMe - hares - returns received
    2. RaeK75 - mushrooms
    3. prex79 - owls - returns received
    4. nightowl_too - owls - returns received
    5. Noodlerabbit88 - pumpkins - returns received

FULL Group 2: Hand drawn/Hand Painted - Easy Themes (3 for each group member)
    1. BexMadeMe - faces - returns received
    2. Noodlerabbit88 - tiny houses - returns received
    3. plumhill2001 - unicorns - returns received
    4. RoOskie - birds
    5. prex79 - mushrooms - returns received

FULL Group 3: Hand drawn/Hand Painted - Easy Themes (3 for each group member)
    1. RaeK75 - close up animal eye
    2. Kimmie - snowman - returns received
    3. miss - whimsical people or animals - returns received
    4. Noodlerabbit88 - sheep - returns received
    5. KPinAK - sheep - returns received

closed Group 4: Hand drawn/Hand Painted - Challenging Themes (3 for each group member)
    1. Shawnicaitlin - Mini dachshund. Black and Tan dapple - returns received
    2. Kynara - wolpertingers (rabbits with antlers, wings & fangs) - returns received

FULL Group 7: Hand Drawn Zentangles (Pick a color or color combo -not a shape please- for your inchies to be zentangled in) (3 for each group member)
    1. Donnacr - Red - returns received
    2. RoOskie - Pink & Red
    3. Annie - any shade of Green
    4. Kynara - Purple - returns received
    5. zandradee - Blues & Greens - returns received

FULL Group 8: Hand Drawn Zentangles (Pick a color combo -not a shape please- for your inchies to be zentangled in) (3 for each group member)
    1. Annie - Reds & Purples
    2. Indigo - Teal & Olive - returns received
    3. Donnacr - Orange & Brown - returns received
    4. KPinAK - Purple & Orange - returns received
    5. sharlene54 - Yellow & Blue - returns received

Thanks for playing!
    Last edited by Kynara; 02-25-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    WooHoo! I get to be first! I would like group 5 with dogs
    Last edited by Cindylou; 11-17-2016 at 01:02 PM.
    I love to trade, take a look at my gallery and PM me!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OOh yes please Kynara, I would like group 1 hares and group 2 faces please.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes please, group 1-mushrooms and group 8 mushrooms......for group 8 do black and white count in the 3 colours or is it additional colours??
    I really appreciate you taking the time to comment even if I don't always manage to reply!
    https://www.facebook.com/raecreatesoriginaldesigns/

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since we're on tiny inchies, I think I'd like to leave the zentangles as just zentangles with/without color and not specify shapes and black and white would count.

let me know if you still want group 8

and welcome, I've put you down for group 1!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to join group 1 for now, theme is owls. I may be back to join another group later. I'm chicken and want to see others themes first

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmmmm.......Ok seems sensible actually now I think about it ;0).....
    Can I do group 3 instead.....is it OK to have mushrooms again (if not then snails).
    I really appreciate you taking the time to comment even if I don't always manage to reply!
    https://www.facebook.com/raecreatesoriginaldesigns/

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prex79 View Post
    I would like to join group 1 for now, theme is owls. I may be back to join another group later. I'm chicken and want to see others themes first
    totally get it, gotcha down for group one

Quote Originally Posted by RaeK75 View Post
    hmmmmm.......Ok seems sensible actually now I think about it ;0).....
    Can I do group 3 instead.....is it OK to have mushrooms again (if not then snails).
    you can have all the mushrooms you want! hehe group 3 it is then

Rosecake is offline I've never met a color I didn't like.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm lurking, thinking on this. I collect Frida art, but I'm not sure I'd want 12 Fridas. If I joined could I have my theme be Frida Related Stuff, and then the artist could do a Frida, a Diego, a parrot or whatever - or three Fridas if they wanted?

Oops! I just saw that I should have asked this question in a pm, but I can't delete. Sorry.
    Last edited by Rosecake; 11-17-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like group 1 theme owls please
    Now hosting NOVEMBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade, and OCTOBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade.
    Coming mid November (soon, real soon): postage stamp extending the scene III

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Group 1 and 2 with pumpkins and tiny houses
    My Blog - Etsy Shop - Facebook Page
    New Inchie swaps, all media, due September 25th Skulls, Kawaii and Ladybugs ---> Hope to see you there!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosecake View Post
    I'm lurking, thinking on this. I collect Frida art, but I'm not sure I'd want 12 Fridas. If I joined could I have my theme be Frida Related Stuff, and then the artist could do a Frida, a Diego, a parrot or whatever - or three Fridas if they wanted?

Oops! I just saw that I should have asked this question in a pm, but I can't delete. Sorry.
    you should be able to delete your own posts if you want. You may have to "edit" and then "go advance" and the option should be at the top. I'm not sure though, it may look different for mods lol

but to answer your question, yes, Frida Related stuff would definitely be ok for a challenging group! let me know if you decide to join!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like group 4 please. Mini dachshund. Black and Tan dapple or you can google silver dapple. The images are pretty much the same. They are silver, red and black.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome Shawnicaitlin!

I found a good google search link I'll add. It helps I'm familiar with the subject
    I had to leave the words "brown black" off the search because it showed alot of non dapple dogs (and even a beagle what? lol)

btw, my aunt has a silver (i think she's a silver) dapple mini dachshund and she's so pretty! My mom has two mini dachshunds but they're the brown and black ones (non dapple). One of them is developing white hair spots and mom was calling her her little dalmatian hahaha (guess it would be "reverse dalmation")

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are so adorable. Thanks for the link. Gabby will be 5 months the 30th of November.
    She has the brown on each side of her nose and on her feet. She is pretty dappled all over the rest of her body. She is the smooth coat. Love her so much. Had her almost 2 weeks now.
    Last edited by Shawnicaitlin; 11-19-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Annie is offline Do as I say...not as I do
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few ?'s

Can the inchie sets be the same for each member of your group?

Do they get sent in individual ATC sleeves or grouped per person?

Can the background for group 8 be colored and count? I hand "dye" cards to have a watercolor look so when cut up that would have a variety of shades per inchie

Thanks

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnicaitlin View Post
    They are so adorable. Thanks for the link. Gabby will be 5 months the 30th of November.
    She has the brown on each side of her nose and on her feet. She is pretty dappled all over the rest of her body. She is the smooth coat. Love her so much. Had her almost 2 weeks now.
    Awe a baby! I'm so jealous, mom had talked about breeding one of her girls and I was going to get one of the babies, but she never did. They're about 7 years old now. I don't know if I could handle two dogs, but if I ever get another dog it's going to be a mini dachshund. Unless I steal one of mom's... I keep threatening to put the smaller one in my pocket and take her home with me hehe

Sorry everyone for the branch-off conversation here