Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 December Monthly ATC Contest - Theme: Fish

debs913 is offline Drawing and Collecting All the Dog Breeds
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool 2016 December Monthly ATC Contest - Theme: Fish

Theme: FISH
    Entry Window: December 1 to December 31, 2016 by Midnight Eastern Time.
    Email entries to: contest.atcsforall@gmail.com

This month’s theme will be...
    FISH
    Realistic, whimsical, wacky, or wild...create some fishies for this fun contest!

Any media - collage, drawn, painted, mixed media, photos, fabric, digital, ...your choice.

SUPER FANTASTIC SPECIAL PRIZES THIS MONTH!

First Place - Nifty label by your name, showcase on the AFA home page, and
    CARLA SONHEIM'S FANTASTIC YEAR LONG ONLINE CLASS:

(click on the image above for a complete description).

Second place - Show case on the AFA home page and a WONDERANN'S (our own AnnD) online workshop
    CREATING WITH INTENTION!

(yup, click on the image to find out more LOL).

A huge thank you to Carla and Ann for their generous donations!

Carla Sonheim

Wonder Ann

Be sure to click on the linked images and visit our sponsors!

To enter this month's contest, submit no more than one (1) ATC (SIZE MUST BE 2.5 x 3.5 inches, either portrait or landscape) entry in the selected theme to "contest.atcsforall@gmail.com" in standard jpg format (No less than 150 dpi please).

Submissions must be received by the date posted at the top under "Entry Window".

FOLLOW THESE RULES TO ENTER

1. Send your card as a jpg to contest.atcsforall@gmail.com

2. Include your AFA username with your entry. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Images should be at least 150 dpi. Should measure 2.5 x 3.5 inches, portrait or landscape. MAKE SURE YOUR CARD IS THE RIGHT SIZE!

4. NO watermarks or signatures on the front of the image as we are trying to keep all entries anonymous to better the contest experience. All members are welcome to participate. (*No participant can win more than one prize per year - the year will run from Jan 1 thru Dec 31. You are still welcome to play but once you win, your card is ineligible for voting till the next year.)

5. Do NOT post your entries in the gallery, Facebook, or on the web until after the contest ends (those posting prior to the end date will be disqualified from competition.) Once we have announced the winner of the contest feel free to upload it and claim your card!

6. Art MUST be your own original work.

7. You will receive a confirmation email when your entry is received. If you do not get an email you are NOT entered. If you have not received a confirmation after 48 hours, PM debs913. DO NOT RESEND YOUR ENTRY EMAIL if you don't hear from me right away. If I need you to resend, I will let you know.

8. To avoid possible disqualification for vote solicitation it is highly recommended that entrants refrain from posting about the contest while voting is running. And if you admire someone's work and think you recognize it, wait until voting ends to post public compliments!

9. A FREE TIP--The better your scan or photo of your artwork is the better it will look in the contest! Take the time to make sure it is lined up square, cropped, bright enough, and in focus.

Please send all questions about status of your card as a pm - All messages to the thread referring to a specific card will be deleted to keep within the rules of the contest to keep ALL cards anonymous.

GOOD LUCK!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh! Two fabulous prizes! *runs to studio to start working*

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    My Blog... Art Etsy... Facebook... My Flickr... Vintage Etsy...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, VERY cool!!
    The mind is everything. What you think.......you become.
    Buddha

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Fabulous!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What fabulous prizes!!!! I'm absolutely gobsmacked by the generosity of these two artists for having donated these classes. I hope we have a HUGE entry this month. Bring on the fish!
    "Art is not always an expression, and is often, simply, a problem worth trying to solve while drinking a bit of vodka. " ~ Donavon Rose

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm gobsmacked too! But I figure, if you ask, the worst they can do is scream no at you in all caps and smack their keyboard. HAHAHAHA.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can personally attest that Carla's year long class is fantastic. I'm finishing up this year and it was really worthwhile. Carla is really flexible, if you miss a class or don't like a technique, no biggie. The FB group is tremendously supportive and it's just plain fun to participate

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debs913 View Post
    I'm gobsmacked too! But I figure, if you ask, the worst they can do is scream no at you in all caps and smack their keyboard. HAHAHAHA.
    "Art is not always an expression, and is often, simply, a problem worth trying to solve while drinking a bit of vodka. " ~ Donavon Rose

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debs913 View Post
    I can personally attest that Carla's year long class is fantastic. I'm finishing up this year and it was really worthwhile. Carla is really flexible, if you miss a class or don't like a technique, no biggie. The FB group is tremendously supportive and it's just plain fun to participate
    Carla seems like a real sweetheart to me. It isn't any wonder she's invited all over the world to teach. She's just so accepting of everyone's creative ability and truly celebrates the artist in all of us. Thanks for letting us know what to expect if taking a year long course with Carla. It's good to know. Do you have to complete it in exactly one year or are the classes available for you to watch later if you get behind? Are they downloadable?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    vikinglady, I took her course a year ago (2015). We were able to download for personal use only at that time. You have access to the videos online forever. I kept up part of the time, but you always have the option to take it at your own pace. I'm going to do it this year; it's quite intriguing to have a daily "inspiration" bit.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for letting me know about the accessibility of Carla's vids after the year was up HHC. It's also nice to hear that both you and Deb have been enjoying Carla Sonheim's classes.There's actually a few courses available on Carla's website that I'm interested in. But I need to finish up a few courses before I begin another.

BluSkyHare is offline creating daily soothes the soul
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazingly generous prizes! Question about entries; can we enter a card that we have previously traded (own original work that we traded to another member)?
    Now Hosting--Pretty Tissue Box Background Swap--due Jan 18
    I appreciate your comments!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    BluSkyHare, because of the rules for anonymity, you should enter a card that has not been posted online or seen by other members. So short answer is no.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope everyone will enter this month. I'd like to show our very generous teacher/donors how much we appreciate their gifts to our group!!!

And if you don't feel your work is up to competition level yet, then maybe take Carla or Ann's class to help you hone your skills! That's what I'm going to do. LOL

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you gotten your fish entry in yet? Don't forget, there are two FABULOUS prizes this month

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool. I have been working on a fish card.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    ONE MORE DAY TO ENTER! Remember we have two FANTASTIC art classes as prizes!

I will get the voting page up quickly after closing and we will have a short voting period so the first place winner will get to join Carla Sonheim's class ASAP.

Get your fish in folks!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eek! The month went so quickly! Wishing all who enter good luck!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Deb, We have until Sunday midnight correct? Oh my. How fast the month went by!