Media
Due Date: February 14, 2017
Swap: Trash Polka (Red)
Number of Cards: 3:3
Number of Players: Unlimited, International Welcome
Medium: Hand Drawn, Hand Painted, stencils, stamps

TRASH POLKA (RED)​

trashpolka.jpg

This swap is based on the tattoo style called Trash Polka. Here is a bit on the history of the tattoo style.

Trash Polka is a style of tattoo art that began at Buena Vista Tattoo Club in Wurzburg, Germany by Simon Plaf and Volko Merschky. The style resembles fine art collages in that it combines realistic images with smears, smudges, and kinetic designs that generate a discordant, chaotic look to the piece. Words are sometimes included. Trash Polka pieces are only done in red or black ink. According to Volko, this style is a combination of "realism and trash; the nature and the abstract; technology and humanity; past, present, and future; opposites that they are trying to urge into creative dance to harmony and rhythm in tune with the body". It's certainly an apt description and clearly the artists behind the style have given it considerable thought. For that reason they have claimed it as an unofficial trademark. (from link #1 below)

So, for this swap, you are taking the tattoo style and turning it into an ATC. Here are a few websites you can use for inspiration.

1. Richmond Tattoo Shops
2. Pinterest
3. Ink Done Right
4. Tattoo.com

Postage:
  1. US Players: send a LARGE label with address or address written clearly on piece of paper; loose postage(forever)
  2. International Players: send a label/paper with your name and address clearly written. I'll cover postage. If you can afford or have a $1 USD or American Postage, it would be appreciated. Not required to play.
Guidelines:
  1. Please follow the guidelines of the style asked for in the swap.
  2. Red and Black ONLY
  3. No flimsy cards. Please back it so it is sturdy.
  4. No stickers, digital, or photographs!!! This is handdrawn or painted only.
  5. Original cards only! No prints or copies. Each card needs to be different!
  6. All cards are to be 2.5 x 3.5 inches and fit inside a penny sleeve.
  7. No embellishments!
  8. Sign up by posting in the thread.
  9. PM me when you are ready to mail and I'll give you my address.
  10. When cards arrive, your name will turn RED!
  11. Any questions? Feel free to post or pm me!

STENCILS AND STAMPS ARE ALLOWED! NO COLLAGE!
WHITE BACKGROUND ONLY!

Who's playin'?

1. RoOskie
2. Blusky
3. Monroy28***
4. Dee
5. CastleQueen5***
6. HatchetPie
7. asharnana

8. c-kai
9. miloccpep
10. londonont1
11. Odette
12. cardgal***
13. Wandawilson
14. NancyL
15. BlancoLobo
16. BluSkyHare
17. Cindylou
18. maryfreeman0622
19. PolkaDottie
20. BekaH
21. miss
22. alexrm15
23. betsyg
24. RaineyDay
25. DorothyGilmore
26. KellyBee

Last edited:
Very interesting theme! I'd never heard of this style, but am intrigued. Lurking so far. I like that you're allowing stencils and stamps - I think they suit the style so well and might attract folks like me who are not confident with realistic hd/hp.

I love this! If I can get off of the members away list and back on the members returning list - I'm in. Hopefully my holiday break from work will awaken my muse.

oh, I love this style!!!! I am lurking and making sure I can crawl to my art after surgery. I'll be in touch.

Rooskie, I bet it picks up after the holidays. I am also hosting a swap that has some slow sign up. (see signature), Our themes are not at all similar, very opposite styles etc. I do wonder if there would be much cross over between the 2 swaps and those who want to play.

But I joined this one, and of course I joined my swap. So the point was that sign ups might just be slow cause we all are busy as beavers right now.

I personally and all excited about this swap, I am itching to go play around with my stamps and inks and see what I come up with, but I need to get some pats done first. I bet I make more than 4 cards, cause this is going to be so much fun. It will be a new challenge for me.

Back
Top Bottom