Staff member
Welcome Committee
Date Due: April 14, 2017
Withdrawal date: None, just let me know
Medium: hd/hp
number of cards: 3:3
Number of Participants: Unlimited

Plain Zentangles Pastels with a Twist : Cards Due April 14, 2017
This swap is going to be a continuation of the zentangle series I have been hosting. You have to make three ATC's - white paper with black ink zentangles. I want everyone to zentangle in black ink on white paper. You decide how many different zentangles you want to use. See, easy to follow directions! Now for the Pastel part: We are going to celebrate Spring in this swap so you have to shade and/or color with only pastels. i.e. light pink, light blue, light lavender, light yellows, light greens, no other colors allowed. (No greys or dark colors) Each card can only be shaded with pastel colors.
Now for the Twist: Spring means Easter and Easter means egg hunts soooooooo, on each of your cards you must "hide" a golden egg. The egg can be no bigger than a quarter and no smaller than a nickel. The egg must be colored a solid gold. You can put a zentangle through your egg but you can not color or shade the egg any other color than gold.

SEND NO ENVELOPES, I WILL PROVIDE ALL RETURN ENVELOPES.

I will pay all international players return postage. Just include a clearly written or typed LARGE return label with your name and address on it. I will provide the return envelope and the postage.

US players: I will provide all return envelopes, please do not send return envelopes! Please do send a clearly written large return label with your name and address. Make sure the label is one of the large ones so it's easy to see your address. Include enough postage to get your returns back to you. (Usually one forever stamp does the trick!)

EVERYONE:
Make sure all your cards are your best effort, something that you would not mind receiving.
Make sure each card is in its own plastic sleeve.
Make sure all cards are 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches.
Make sure your real name, screen name, date and location are on the back of every card.
Make sure your screen name and swap name are on the back of all envelopes.
Make sure your cards arrive on time as I swap on time!

Most of all have fun zentangling!!!!

A hostie card is not required but any received will be treasured.

WHO WANTS TO PLAY?

1. Londonont1 - RECEIVED returns received
2. Rosa - RECEIVED returns received
3. Grebricar - RECEIVED returns received
4. dithespy - RECEIVED returns received
5. PattyR - RECEIVED returns received
6. ann_stebbing - RECEIVED returns received
7. ArtbyTab - RECEIVED returns received
8. Annie - RECEIVED returns received
9. Rinny withdrew
10. Donnacr
11. JMart withdrew
12. Mrs.Bee1973 - RECEIVED returns received
13. violet. -. RECEIVED returns received
14. Sharlene54 - RECEIVED
15. Lois - RECEIVED returns received
16. ThouArtDelyrias - RECEIVED returns received
17. Suzi - RECEIVED returns received
18. An. M. Sudyka - RECEIVED returs received
19. SillyLilly41 - RECEIVED returns received

ULTRA COMFY LURKERS COUCH:
MightyTraveler

Last edited:
  • Staff
I am so sorry ann_stebbing, I never thought about that issue! So the golden egg needs to be no bigger that 1 inch (2.5 mm) and no smaller than 3/4 of an inch (2 mm) or as close thereto as you can make it. I just didn't want it to take up the whole card or be so small no one would see it.

Londonont1, Rosa, Grebricar and dithespy WELCOME to all four of you, I hope you have fun playing with pastels and easter eggs!

spring zen

if I did these right - I'll get them in the mail ;) if they're not right, let me know! I drew them during the game... I need to finish the edges & the color got washed by the flash... (I'll finish before mailing :) )

Rosa those are PERFECT!!! I just love them!!!! Thank you so much for posting, it will help everyone understand the "egg" better!!!!

Welcome to the Pastels/golden egg swap PattyR, ann_stebbing, and ArtbyTab! So happy to have you three playing with us!

Welcome to the Plain Zentangle Pastels with a twist swap Annie, Rinny and Donnacr - I am sooooo happy to have you alumni playing again!

Rosa, thank you so much for posting. I am not happy with my first attempt. Too much black to come across as pastel. I was trying to do an all over zentangle. Now I get the idea I am off to try another.

Last edited:
Thank you for the heads up Rosa I will be on the look out for your cards.

JMart welcome to the swap I think you will have fun playing we have an awesome group of tanglers here!

Mightytraveler, look at Rosa's post number 11. The egg doesn't have to be totally hidden that's why I wrote "hide" and egg. You can tangle all over the card and just stick an egg somewhere, it doesn't have to be a picture type card. The choice is up to you the only requirements are to shade/color only in pastels and stick a little egg in there somewhere. Hope you decide to play, for now I will put you on the ultra comfy lurkers couch!

Welcome to our pastel/egg zentangle swap Mrs.Bee1973 so glad you decided to join us, we have an awesome group of people in this swap, once again!

ann_stebbing I will be on the look out for your cards, I can't wait to see them!

Back
Top Bottom