smallgirl

Loves bears!
Media
Albums
Due date: April 10
Withdraw date: just let me know before the due date
Number of cards: 3:3 or 6:6, if more than 7 players
Number of players: 20
Media: open, with a real Black culture or heritage postage stamp (see details below)

For this swap, you will need to dig through your postage stamp stash for stamps featuring Black culture/cultural practices, arts and dance, history and heritage, holidays, events, people, political figures, national heroes, entertainers, athletes, etc. Stamps from all over the world can be included. some countries produce more than others. African nations, Caribbean nations, and the USA have the best variety. Your stamp does not have to say "black heritage" on it. Each year, Canada Post issues a black heritage stamp. This year it is Mathieu De Costa, the first named person of African heritage to reach Canada.

Check out the gallery from last year: Black Heritage and Culture Postage Stamps 2016

Card Requirements:
1. Each card should feature at least one real Black heritage/culture postage stamp, what you do with the rest of the card is your choice...mixed media, extending the scene, adding quotes or found poetry all could be fun!
2. Keep cards relatively flat, fibres should be fine, but thick or metal embellishments will be stuck in postal machines
3. All cards should be 2.5" x 3.5" with straight edges
4. Include your username, real name, and location on the back of your cards
5. Please submit only cards that you would love to receive in return!

Rules, Mailing, Swapping Out:
1. I will be swapping apparent effort for apparent effort cards
2. PM me for my address when ready to mail
3. No cards/communication by swap due date will result in NEUTRAL iTrader
4. Host cards are loved and treasured but never required to play.
5. Mailing:
Canadian players: 1 “P” ($0.85) stamp for 3 cards, 2 "P" stamps for 6 cards
US players: $1 USD for 3 cards, $2 USD for 6 cards
International players: I will cover postage for the first three international players. Other international players please send $2 USD.
6. Send a large self-addressed label or self-addressed business sized envelope for your returns
**If you send Canadian stamps, be sure that they have not been used (ie. No stamps that missed cancellation on another envie.)
7. Mail in Canada can take a long time. Allow 10-14 days outside of Canada, 5-7 within Canada

Who wants to play?!
Players:
0. Smallgirl
1. Ancient Planter-arrived!
2. spineofafish-arrived!
3. Arlie707-arrived!
4. CastleQueen5-withdrew
5. Patty R-arrived!
6. Miloccepep-free international postage-arrived!
7. Vicki Z-arrived!
8. Miss-arrived!
9. Jaw-arrived!
10. Fandanie-arrived!
11. Ohhappyday-arrived!
12. Darshell-arrived!
13. Allegrae-arrived!
14. Canadarosebud-arrived!
15. Mrubyjean-arrived!
16. BetsyG-arrived!

Last edited:
I would love to, but no idea if I have suitable stamps in my stash. I'll take a look one of these days.

I will try to share cool stamps that I find...

The first is Viola Desmond, a Nova Scotia business woman who was arrested for sitting in the white section of the movie theatre in the 1946. She was posthumously pardoned in 2010 and will appear on Canada's new $10 bill sometime next year.

Last edited:
Lurking!

I followed your thread last year too & found it to be a great history lesson! I'll check my postage stamp stash & see what I have available. Lurking & learning for now... 👍💡👀

Lurking

I will check my stash. That's easier now because I actually sorted it last time it was too snowy to go out.

Stamp share of legendary musician Ray Charles. This altered envie found on Pinterest is by Nirlay Kundu

Hope we get more players :)

Last edited:
Hip hop stamp from the USA to share today...hip hop culture emerged in the 1970s among African American youth in the Bronx. Besides music, hip hop culture includes break dancing, beat boxing, graffiti, MCing, and DJing. I used to supervise the break dance team at the school I teach at; it is absolutely amazing how fast and agile teens are!

Last edited:
I will play, but I don't need you to cover my postage. I traded USA postage for Canada postage when I was hosting to make it easier on a player.

I want to say they are worth $1.20 but maybe they are worth $1.85. I will go check.

Not sure I have that handful of Áfrican'postage stamps. Will get back to you soon as I check the stamp album.
Okay, I am in! Found that handful!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom