Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini-House-athon?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are the proposed dates now set in stone or are we still debating over them?
    And the themes too?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You definitely need some moo houses to go with your Castle, Queen.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxSketchbook View Post
    Are the proposed dates now set in stone or are we still debating over them?
    And the themes too?
    I'm still waiting to see if there is more interest, and the themes are NOT set yet. But that's OK, because you're not supposed to start making them until the -athon actually begins. But if you'd like to make some now, you're free to do so on your own, and you will probably find some traders by simply putting them in your gallery just like you would an ATC.

If you'd like to make some plain moooooos (without rooooves), you can try the MMH Moo Cards thread. Looks like it could use some new blood! (MMH = Make Me Happy)

MMH Moo Cards

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did go to the MOO thread, in the link. I found the info, about size that was alluding me

moo cards (1" x 2.75" each)

I didn't realize they are so narrow? and short. They seem long and skinny, in the photos, but I am sure the camera adds 10 mm
    Last edited by CastleQueen5; 02-12-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that's the right size for a moo (1 x 2.75). They're about half the size of a standard U.S. business card, halved lengthwise. You might be surprised how much room that is (compared to an inchie, for example. LOL). Here's a moo (in my gallery) using a rubber stamp image that is generally sized to use on greeting cards.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    And of course, it looks huge on the computer but that's just an optical illusion.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like how you hand colored the image!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, KE. I remember wanting to use a more "artsy" color scheme, like their faces were being flooded with reflected light of some kind.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of the moo being 2.75 and adding the roof to the top. I made a moo back ground today by accident, I cut a atc background when I was trimming it. So it would not go to waste, I cut 2 on inch strips instead. Now if I can just find then come next month. hahah. actually tomorrow in the art a thon for valentines days you are encouraged to do sizes other than atc, so twinches, inches, moos. I guess I can use them tomorrow. Come of over and post some valentine moos if you want.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    so will it be 2.75 including the roove?

prayer_at_night is online now Elvis Sparkley-Toes, the Christmas Elf
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh, my very first a-thon was a "Mini-HAT" (= Mini-House-a-thon)... would love to play! Unless something super-important pops up unexpectedly, I'll be there. Thanks a lot for the invite! <3
    Just a question, would inchie houses be game, too? Cause I just love those little buggers!
    Hugs, Sarah

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like fun...I don't know what I'll be doing on that weekend...but I might give it a try
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! May
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    I like the idea of the moo being 2.75 and adding the roof to the top. I made a moo back ground today by accident, I cut a atc background when I was trimming it. So it would not go to waste, I cut 2 on inch strips instead. Now if I can just find then come next month. hahah. actually tomorrow in the art a thon for valentines days you are encouraged to do sizes other than atc, so twinches, inches, moos. I guess I can use them tomorrow. Come of over and post some valentine moos if you want.
    Love those happy accidents, CastleQueen! I'll try to find time to pop over to the Valentine-ATART.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prayer_at_night View Post
    Ooooh, my very first a-thon was a "Mini-HAT" (= Mini-House-a-thon)... would love to play! Unless something super-important pops up unexpectedly, I'll be there. Thanks a lot for the invite! <3
    Just a question, would inchie houses be game, too? Cause I just love those little buggers!
    Glad to have you with us, Prayer!
    Last edited by Miss Iowa; 02-14-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kwailin777 View Post
    Sounds like fun...I don't know what I'll be doing on that weekend...but I might give it a try
    I'm counting on you, Kwailin!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by notinkansas View Post
    so will it be 2.75 including the roove?
    I'm going to set it at:

Width: 1 inch

Height with roof: no shorter than 2.75, no taller than 3.25

So that gives you some leeway.
    Last edited by Miss Iowa; 02-13-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hold the phone!

I just went to the -athon forum to ask that a min-house-athon be added to the calendar, and I see that there's already been an ATART scheduled for March 17-20! I've asked Carole for advice on whether we should have another -athon at almost the same time. I don't want to hurt participation for either one.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not have it for the following weekend then? In April I would not be able to participate at all... I have my own art challenge going on that entire month =l

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry Miss Iowa, I wanted to do SPRING cleaning ATART< on the first day of Spring. I really don't mind changing my Trash to Treasure swap to another date. It doesn't really have to be Spring. I have been waiting in line to post a ART a thon, but really I can change it to APril. I will post this over there too. I think we are building momentum for the moo and should not put it off. I can do the Spring cleaning anything, I was just being you know PUNNY with the first day of Spring. I could even post it for Very Late FEB and early March. Or APril. So in other words you pick your dates, I will edit mine, and really it is all good.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, Gang! CastleQueen and I have been chatting and we've reached a compromise on the two -athons!

Thanks to her generosity, we will have a mini house-athon in March.

I've set the dates for March 10-13 (Friday to Monday, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m., 4 full days total).

Before March 1 I'll start an official -athon thread and will post a link here. If you stay subscribed to this thread, you'll be able to use that link to get to the official thread. I'll also send invites to anyone who posted here.

In the meantime, we can keep chatting here, asking/answering questions, suggesting themes or challenges, sharing whatever you'd like to share. Those things will help me set up the official -athon thread so don't be shy!
    Last edited by Miss Iowa; 02-14-2017 at 01:36 PM.