GREENHOUSES ~ House Shaped ATC ~ Mixed Media Collage Only, due April 1st.

ohhappyday

Life is Good!
Media
Swap Due Date – April 1, 2017
Signup/ Withdraw Date – Simply communicate please.
Number of ATCs - 3:3
Number of participants: 30

GREENHOUSES
– a House Shaped ATC Swap – Mixed Media Collage only, due April 1st.
1_March_17.jpg
1_Bloom.jpg
1_Green_Hat_and_Cat.jpg
1_Live_Green.jpg

Hello Artists~! This ATC SWAP is for Mixed Media Collage in a HOUSE SHAPE with a GREENHOUSE theme. This is the fourth swap I’ve hosted with the house-shaped design. Your enthusiasm and participation has inspired me to continue the series. Hosting has been such a wonderful experience and I’m continually amazed at the creative talent and varieties of mixed media used to represent the theme.

As you create your little GREENHOUSES, use your imagination and be creative! You can use any combination of colors, but make green your focus. You may be thinking of gardening, plants and flowers, or perhaps shamrocks and leprechauns. What else? You decide!

Please try to use at least 2 forms of mixed media for the background. Consider paint, gelli plates, texture paste, gesso, spray inks, gel pens, etc. Then proceed to collage using your favorite techniques and supplies, such as designer paper, old books or dictionaries, postage stamps, rubber stamps, embossing and ephemera. We all love embellishments, but please keep them minimal and watch the thickness so they travel well through the postal service.

• Please sign up by posting to this thread. I will acknowledge you and add your user name to the list below.

• All ATCs must be a cut out HOUSE SHAPE that is 2.5” wide x 3.5” tall. And remember they should be on sturdy cardstock, not just paper or lightweight cardstock. Each completed atc should be in an individual vinyl sleeve for added protection.

• Include your ATCsForAll User Name on the back of each card so those receiving them will know who the artist is and be able to leave YOU ROCKS! It would be nice to know your real name and location too.

• Life happens, so if you need to withdraw, it’s no problem, but please communicate.

• When you are ready to mail your cards, please message me for my address in Nebraska - USA.

• I will provide the return envelope, but please print your name and address for me or send a printed address label. For 3:3 mixed media collage, it will usually take at least 2 oz postage. If you send extra postage and it’s not needed, I will return it to you. International participants: please send either $1 US dollar or US stamps for return postage.

• DUE DATE: Saturday, April 1st is the last day I can accept cards. I intend to be a timely hostess and have returns back to all participants within a week.

• As I receive your cards, I will post to the thread and leave iTrader.

Thank you for your interest! If you would like a little creative inspiration or if you’re challenged by the “house shape”, you’ll want to check out all the photos of my last three house swaps in the Swap Gallery. Each and every one of them is a work of ART, all one of a kind originals! Any other questions, please message me or post to this thread.

As you complete your atcs, feel free to post photos in the gallery or within this thread. It may inspire others to participate and you’ll enjoy the feedback too. Think Green and have FUN being creative!

Participating... (names in GREEN have been received)

0. ohhappyday - NE (me)
1. mrubyjean - MA
2. Sophie's Mom - VA
3. Suzi - PA
4. prex79 - VT
5. clippedthreads - ME
6. RaineyDay - NC
7. CindyLou- MO
8. Bunnymther - TN
9. Laffqueen - CT
10. Grebricar - MD
11. Daphne75 - Netherlands
12. locatray - IL
13. Bluesky - FL
14. Trailrider - WI
15. jfaskdown - WA withdrew
16. Beka - TN
17. Shawnicaitlin - NC
18. JEBeck - OH
19. nanvan - Canada
20. electricdesigner - UK
21. Lalka - MO
22. cardgal - WY
23. janetmachek - NC
24. JoyceG - CA
25. Amapola - Finland
26. Kae.Ryan - RI
27. artchick501 - NC
28. VickiZ - MN

29. CastleQueen5 - AZ
30. sillylily41 - NJ
31. TSMarie - AZ

Last edited:
Oops, I'm not going to be able to do this one after all, so...don't add me. But I will be admiring all those cool greenhouses you gals come up with. :yes:

Happy to start another HOUSE SHAPED Swap!

WELCOME to mrubyjean, Sophies Mom, Suzi, prex79, clippedthreads and Rainey Day!
Rosecake, I hope you change your mind. And lurkers are always welcome jaw.

This has been such a FUN and enthusiastic group of artists and we always enjoy seeing some new artists join in too.

There is a short turnaround time for this swap, but I want to complete it before we go to Nevada to visit our grandchildren the week of April 9th.

I can't wait to see what you're all thinking when you think of GREENHOUSES! As you create, please feel free to post photos to inspire the rest of us.

Let the FUN begin!

Sophie's Mom gets the Early Bird Award! These are exceptional mixed media atcs....the background technique and stitching really rocks!

Welcome CindyLou... happy to have you join us! :)

Last edited:
Lurking - really wanted to do this one, but with April 1st due date, I think be over committed to make that deadline...will have to see how much I can get done in the next week.

I'm glad I saw this one. Ohhappyday...make me HAPPY. Sign me up. Never done these before so let's see what I come up with!

Just when I thought it was almost SPRING...

... we're in a Winter Storm Warning tonight after having a record high temp of 71 yesterday! Just like a child, I can't help wishing for a "snow day" tomorrow. We'll see! lol

A very warm WELCOME to Bunnymther & Laffqueen! And to all you lurkers, welcome to you too! I'm hoping you'lll be inspired to join the FUN!

Really creative and *wonderful* little greenhouses just posted to the gallery by clippedthreads. Please check them out and give her some comment love. ♥

Back
Top Bottom