The American Southwest hand painted/drawn ATC Due May 20, 2017

Photopam

ATC Virtuoso
Media
Due (In my hands by): May 20th
Withdraw by: May 13
Send in: 3:3
Participants: 30

American Southwest hp/hd. I have always been inspired by the beauty of the American Southwest and have traveled there often. This swap is for those who are also inspired by the beauty of the American Southwest and it's vast array of landscapes, colors, and textures. (These don't have to be landscapes.) Hand Painted or Hand Drawn only please.

Details:
  • 2.5x3.5 card size on sturdy cards (mount them to make them more sturdy if needed please)
  • Place each card in its own plastic sleeve
  • Make three different cards inspired by the American Southwest.
  • Hand Painted or drawn only
  • Please send in best work only. What would you like to have displayed?
  • Please include:
    • the title,
    • swap name,
    • your real name,
    • where you're from
    • and your user name on the back of your cards.
  • If you have a personal story about the location or theme of your card that you'd like to share, include it on the card and/or in the thread. Those make cards extra special!
  • Hostess cards are not required, but are treasured!
  • All cards should be in my hands no later than May 20th.
  • If you have to drop out, please communicate. If you can't mail in time, please communicate. Communication is key. We all understand life happens, please be respectful to the others who are waiting on a spot, or are waiting on returns.
  • I dislike neutral/negative itrader. But I have to obey the rules, so please follow them too
  • After you receive your returns, please leave iTrader feedback for me and "You Rock" feedback for the players you receive cards from. It's nice to know what you think! Plus, it helps me be a better host.
  • Post your cards on the thread so we can ogle and awe over them, and to inspire each other!

Mailing:

• Please PM me for address when you are ready to send
  • USA: Please include a sase
  • International players are most welcome! Include a sase with a USA global forever stamp( if you have one), $1 USA concealed, or PayPal
  • Late cards will be admired and returned unswapped. Please communicate!
  • That said, please mail with enough time to be in my mailbox on Saturday, May 20, 2017. Preferably before.

**Mailed out May 24, 2017!

Who would like to play?(Blue=Received)[*=player received]
  1. Ineedtocreate *
  2. CherylS *
  3. xela7072 *
  4. Jo.on.the.go *
  5. Jan *
  6. spineofafish
  7. art_junky
  8. magnifica
  9. kfaye
  10. londonot1
  11. seascape131 *
  12. sillylily41
  13. plumhill2001*
  14. shachark*
  15. JoyceG *
  16. gypsiejanie
  17. alexrm15 *
  18. karch

Lurking:
emrob
ChinaMoon
Art101
Dee
ThouArtDelyrias

Last edited:
Just updated the op. I forgot to remove the info about national parks... It should be correct now.

Let's channel our inner Georia O'Keeffe! ;)

Anyone wanna play?

I have cards that I never got to complete for your national parks swap. Are you counting southern Utah as southwest? I have cards almost finished from Zion, Arches, and Saguaro...

Please sign me up...I am always looking for HP/HD swaps. And talking about channeling our "inner Georgia O'Keffe"...a number of years ago I took a class in Photographing in the Style of Georgia O"Keffe. We stayed at the ranch where she lived in NM and took photos of places she painted. I have visions of pulling out my old photos and using them as a guide for painting.

Please sign me up...I am always looking for HP/HD swaps. And talking about channeling our "inner Georgia O'Keffe"...a number of years ago I took a class in Photographing in the Style of Georgia O"Keffe. We stayed at the ranch where she lived in NM and took photos of places she painted. I have visions of pulling out my old photos and using them as a guide for painting.

Welcome Jo! How neat to stay on her ranch. Yes, pull out those photo, and feel free to share here too! :D.

You said these don't need to be landscapes. Could some of your cards be more Georgia O'Keefe like with cow skulls and southwestern plants, for example?

As long as it is inspired by the American SW, it's all good! We don't want something that can come from other parts of the world though... I hope this makes sense... :)

Back
Top Bottom