RaineyDay

ATC and Paper Lover
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: April 30, 2017
Number of cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 30
Open Media = Use 2 or more different types of media on your card, such as paper, fiber, ribbon, rubber stamping, embossing, metal, collage images, fabric, words, found poetry, brads, buttons, gears, stencils, glitter, gelatos, acrylics, watercolors, colored pencils, and more!

I might have been a gypsy in my past life. And this is the time of year that the gypsy caravans start moving across the countryside of my imagination, selling their wares, telling fortunes, and dancing by the fire at night. Listen and you might also hear the tambourine.

This is a collage/mixed media ATC swap celebrating the Gypsy Heart.

Requirements include a gypsy image, or recognizable symbols of the gypsy life, and at least one heart on your ATC. It can be a button, a brad, a cut out heart, a drawing, a gold foil heart, just not a heart sticker unless it's a really awesome one.

Be sure to use at least two media layers on your background. The more depth and texture the better!

Try something new! I always have the most fun when I push outside of my comfort zone.

What do you think of when you consider the Gypsy Life?

Here are some links and inspiration for you to enjoy:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/19372/1_gypsy.PNG

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/98868154289862010/

8_004.JPG

Requirements for your ATC:

1) Cards must have a GYPSY theme and at least one HEART.
2) You MUST include at LEAST two types of media: pen, colored pencil, watercolor, acrylic paint, inks, sprays, stamped images,metal, washi tape, copyright free vintage images, vintage text pages, etc.

3) EACH card must be different! Cards may be similar but each must be unique to itself.

4) If your cards are thick or bulky, please include an extra 22 cent stamp for each card.

* All cards must be standard 3.5” x 2.5”.

*Please include swap name, username, and real name on the back of all cards.

* Send your cards in individual protective sleeves, and please send in work you would be delighted to receive.

* PLEASE, please, please allow plenty of mailing time! Late cards will be returned un-swapped. (It makes me so sad to return lovely cards un-swapped!)

* If you need to drop out, just let me know. No cards and no communication is very bad karma and will also result in a neutral i-trader!

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail your cards.

Postage:
US Participants: Please include a LARGE mailing label (NOT A RETURN ADDRESS TINY LABEL please and thank you) with .49 or a Forever Stamp. IF YOU USED EMBELLISHEMENTS – include three (3) .22 cent stamps. PLEASE mail early. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.

International Participants: Please send your address on a mailing label (clearly written, please) and include your username. I will provide the envelope. I will pay for the first THREE international players.

Please consider posting your lovely completed art for everyone to see. It’s so much fun and inspiring to see what others are creating!

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. It's nice to let folks know where their art now lives.

PLEASE remember to mail early! I am an on time hostess! Late cards will be admired and then returned un-swapped.

PLAYERS:
Received

1. CiCiCreates
2. electricdesigner...........1st international
3. dithespy.........2nd international
4. IrendiSunshine......withdrew
5. Lalka
6. AnnStebbing........3rd international
7. JoyceG
8. sillylily41
9. Katroush
10. catladybj.......withdrew
11. Fierce Armadillo
12. Sophiesmom
13. BalloonLady
14. Theresagram.......withdrew
15. kfaye
16. Pelikat.......withdrew
17. Ornamentations
18. IsayHooah
19. Valentina22
20. MrsBee1973
21. JanetAnn....... withdrew

Last edited:
Welcome to electric designer and dithespy!!! This is going to be fun! So glad you are joining!

I've always loved those curious vintage gypsy photos I find online from time to time. (e.g. at Graphics Fairy, etc.) Please add me to your list of players!

Big Gypsy Welcome to IrendiSunshine and Lalka. So glad to have you!

Ann_Stebbing , So happy you are joining this swap! You are first international as far as I know. Thanks for reminding me.

I'm not sure about that..... maybe she will check in. I'm pretty flexible with internationals.

Okay, great! I have my first three international players. Thanks for joining!

How fun. I'll have to lurk a bit and see if I can find some images. I love gypsy lore and think I, like you, have some gypsies in a previous life or somewhere in the family tree.

TrinaLD...... I am glad you are lurking. Let me know when you want to sign up. :)

Ann_Stebbing...... Your ATCs are divine. I really love them! Can't wait to see them in real life.

Back
Top Bottom