Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trash to Treasure Art a thon starts Apirl 2nd

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did invite a few players.

If you are reading this. I am taking Suggestions for the last day. And challenges for the entire art at hon

So first for Friday the last day of the art a thon, what trash theme did I miss? Please post some suggestions, please limit yourself to 3.

For the challenges, Please post a challenge. limit of one person. The challenges will be posted below Friday's themes.

I do want the suggested themes and the challenge up before APRIL 1st so the deadline for both is APRIL 1st. I want to concentrate on creating and don't want to be doing too much updating after the A thon starts.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea!
    I have LOTS of stuff I've kept...just in case.
    Including a whole bag of mesh bags...mostly red. Used them to make mermaid tails.
    Also as "hair" for my Recycled Robots project for kids...in some library and community programs.
    Hope to participate!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great to see you Mrubyjeans. Cute idea to make mermaid tails with the mesh bags. I have hosted, (not here) some mesh bag swaps and the cards were amazing. Flowers were made from the BUtt of the bag. So cute.

jfaskdown is offline We are all artists at heart.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the invite CQ5 - hoping I can join in, but arting during the week is a challenge sometimes.

For one theme on Friday, how about "bottom of the art bin" or something like that. I find all kinds of little bits of things in the bottom of my art bins and just hate to throw that stuff away (forgotten buttons, brads, tiny leftover gelli paper, bits of ribbon, oh and yeah, glitter but that's messy).
    It's another beautiful day!

BluSkyHare is offline creating daily soothes the soul
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to play BUT it is hard to make cards during the work week. Question (my first a-thon) will I be committing to making a card each day, or could I make as many as I can time and life permitting?
    Now hosting Circles swap for mail art swaps http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...-Due-July-16th

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am SO in!!! I am constantly picking things up as I wander and I'm currently trying to clean up my craft stash before I move in May. Perhaps a theme for the final day could be things that were found on the road / one persons trash is another's treasure? Great idea!
    My address has changed as of May 2017!

She gave herself very good advice, but she very seldom followed it...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds WONDERFUL! See you all here and then...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfaskdown View Post
    Thanks for the invite CQ5 - hoping I can join in, but arting during the week is a challenge sometimes.

For one theme on Friday, how about "bottom of the art bin" or something like that. I find all kinds of little bits of things in the bottom of my art bins and just hate to throw that stuff away (forgotten buttons, brads, tiny leftover gelli paper, bits of ribbon, oh and yeah, glitter but that's messy).

Very cute idea, I will add that to the Friday themes.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BluSkyHare View Post
    I would love to play BUT it is hard to make cards during the work week. Question (my first a-thon) will I be committing to making a card each day, or could I make as many as I can time and life permitting?

No you don't have to make a card every day. You can just show up and cheer us on too. Keep in mind that the themes for the day are also just suggestions with very broad prompt... I mean I have Does this trash make my butt look big? You decide what that means to you. Have fun with it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qkenzie View Post
    I am SO in!!! I am constantly picking things up as I wander and I'm currently trying to clean up my craft stash before I move in May. Perhaps a theme for the final day could be things that were found on the road / one persons trash is another's treasure? Great idea!

I think that is a fun theme,I will add it to Friday. It might also fit on other days, like Does this trash make my butt look big. (as I am bending over to pick a an expired bus pass on the sidewalk, what me? No never)

I just rechecked my themes and Thursday is FOUND things. that is generally what I meant, Those dumb things you find and save while taking a walk etc.

I can see where This theme on Tuesday might also fit into found items, but it could also be the roll of Tulle, that you have kept for 6 years and never used. What Me? No!
    I knew this would come in handy one day!
    Last edited by CastleQueen5; 03-28-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually work on Saturday all day... at the food bank. 9 am to 3 pm, is all day to me. So I did the Sunday through Friday.

Rogue Gal is offline I choose to create, but not procreate.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, what a great idea for an A-thon! If I can get my muse to get off her lazy butt, I will try to play a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    I just saved a mesh bag that had tiny potatoes in it. I almost trashed it. But thought NOOOOO, I can use this in my art a thon, art. Who else does this?

I love mesh bags! I've only used them a few times in art, but I can't resist saving them in different colors. Just today I was eyeing my husband's green mesh bag of avocados. This is a good excuse to cut that baby up!

Edited to add my suggestion : candy wrappers! I love saving and using bits of colored foils that chocolates come wrapped in. With Easter coming up, there will be some pretty colors of foil out there.
    Last edited by Rogue Gal; 03-29-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Mouseit is offline Valuing the Past - Creating the future!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sticking my head in...but I have to care for my mumma who is having her leg operated on tomorrow. She will be living with us for the next 4 or so days...
    AND I need to finish my rabbits because they need to go in the post asap due to the time constraints in posting!
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney

jo.on.the.go is offline going, going, always going...would you believe Mongolia?
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You won't believe this: I just saved lint from the clothes dryer! I have the best idea for it!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jo.on.the.go View Post
    You won't believe this: I just saved lint from the clothes dryer! I have the best idea for it!
    I would have never thought of that Plus how to use it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just checking in to say I'm planning to participate. I am looking forward to the art-ing play time.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    One time I noticed an old cookie sheet with an interesting rust pattern on it. I pointed it out to my husband. He said, "Oh, are you going to cut it out and stick it on a card?"

I am lurking. Time-specific may not work for me, but I'd like to try.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many questions. First, you talk about posting first to one's Athon Gallery and from there to the thread. I'm not sure what an Athon Gallery is - is it an actual labelled subset of the Gallery? I usually bypass the Gallery completely and just post to the thread. Is that okay?

Are you committed to create and participate each day?

Instead of a medical ad, could I use the leaflet from a prescription medication?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Gal View Post
    Ooh, what a great idea for an A-thon! If I can get my muse to get off her lazy butt, I will try to play a bit.

I love mesh bags! I've only used them a few times in art, but I can't resist saving them in different colors. Just today I was eyeing my husband's green mesh bag of avocados. This is a good excuse to cut that baby up!

Edited to add my suggestion : candy wrappers! I love saving and using bits of colored foils that chocolates come wrapped in. With Easter coming up, there will be some pretty colors of foil out there.
    I have some saved gold foil like candy wrappers. Yes, I did that. Not only were the chocolates yummy and worth every calorie but they had the fun wrapper. I will add that to the front page under Friday. SWEET idea!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouseit View Post
    Sticking my head in...but I have to care for my mumma who is having her leg operated on tomorrow. She will be living with us for the next 4 or so days...
    AND I need to finish my rabbits because they need to go in the post asap due to the time constraints in posting!

I have to do the rabbits today too. I started them last night. Pop in when you can. Even if it is to oooh and ahhh over the items. And just to temp you Mouseit, I got a new mouse stamp. She is under a flower like an umbrella and it is sprinking rain.