Trash to Treasure Mystery Envelope Challenge DUE July 24th

Media
Swap Due Date - July 24 th 2017 FULL NO MORE SIGN UPS
Number of Cards - 5:5
Number of participants - 12 to 18
Mainly mixed media, and collage, other art mediums welcomed.

Trash to Treasure Mystery Envelope challenge

ABOUT THE SWAP AND THE MYSTERY ENVELOPE

This swap is not for the faint of heart, or anyone on the fence. I need you to be in or out. Ready to take on a challenge and think outside of the box. Players need to be committed to complete the swap without knowing what is inside the envelope. Overall this will be a collage mixed media swap. Sure you can draw, doodle, paint and zentangle.

I will need you to PM your mailing address to me, so I can address and mail the envelope.

The envelopes will have similar items, plus random book/music pages, which of course could not be the same. On top of that each envelope will have non similar used note cards to use as the backgrounds.
Players also need to be able to post photos of the cards so other players can see the variety of cards made from the same items.

ABOUT THE CARDS

*Each card must be ATC size, 2.5" x 3.5" inches and on a sturdy base

*Open Media, Hand drawn/painted, Collage and Mixed Media, zentangles, digital, photography.

*This swap is open-media, you may receive cards that are a different medium than what you have sent.

* We all have different skills so please send work you are proud of, think layers whenever possible.

*Stickers are allowed as a small embellishment only. Please don’t make it your main focus.

* All cards must be original works not reprints

* All cards need to be labeled with at least your real name, and your AFA username, So others can leave you their thanks via you rocks.

Cards need to have a sturdy backing and that is why I will send used notecards. You are welcomed to use the notecards as backgrounds or as substrates. You decide. You are also welcome to add more to the backing if you want sturdier cards.

Cards need to measure 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches. If you do make house or doll shapes cards then of course they need to be within that range. Cards may not have items that extend beyond the side or TOP/ bottom margins. I cant not swap cards that are too big or too small. I will have to return them to you.

REQUIREMENTS
There are 2 requirements per card, each card must *use one of the notes card, I enclosed, as background or substrate. Plus each card needs to *use at least one trash to treasure mystery item. You will get 10 items.
The word *use, yes you can rip it, paint it, turn it around backwards, modify it. But you must *use it somehow. Have fun!

Yes, you are allowed and even expected to add more of your own stuff to your cards. Layer it up without getting too chunky. The Postal Machines love to each chunky cards. Yum.
Players also need to be able to post photos of the cards so other players can see the variety of cards made from the same items. We will have some contests and vote on cards so this is important.
An extra card for a hostess card will be cherished.

ABOUT MAILING

I will mail the T2T mystery envelope to you when you pm your address to me.

Mailing info USA players.
I will provide return envelopes, you please, provide a large address label and return postage. I do suggest that you send send 70 cents in postage. An extra stamp would also be nice (for initially sending the mystery envelope. Please add an extra 21 cents in postage for each card that is chunky. Chunky is brads, gems, eyelets, metal items, thick items.

Mailing INFO International Players
It will cost you $2.30 US for postage both ways, total. I can take paypal. I will provide the envelopes, you provide the large sticker address label. I also will trade Canadian Postage for US postage, since I can send that postage to Canadian hosts.

* Please send each card in a protective plastic sleeve, individual or you can use the 3 side by side baseball sleeve. Either way is fine.
ETA: 5/9/17 10:13 pm. I am going to mail off the items in a 3 side by side baseball sleeve to keep things flat. You can, if you want, send all 5 cards back in the same sleeve, they should fit. Meaning you don't have to send the card in the individual penny sleeves, if this works for you.

About postage, could you please make it easy for me to remove the postage? You know it needs a tab for easy removal, closely trimmed postage is really hard to remove the sticker backing. I don’t have long nails.

ABOUT THE FUN
There will be contests and polls for contests. The winner of the best use of item 5 will win a prize to be determined. In the event of a tie, in votes, I will use random.org There will also be other awards for cards posted still to be determined.

ABOUT RETURNS
* When you receive your returns, please post in the swap thread that your cards arrived, Then please, leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the player which card you received too.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm pretty swamped right now, but the due date seems far enough out that I could commit. Please sign me up.

I'm in!
CQ5 my address is also in CRRR (homers). I can PM if you can't find it. Looking forward to a fun challenge! Thanks for the invite. :)

I'm with you on that, nanvan! I'm behind on creating for my swaps BUT how could I say no? Please sign me up with shaky hands. :)

Back
Top Bottom