Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Inchie-A-Thon

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Upcoming Inchie-A-Thon

Hello fellow inchie lovers!
    Just wanted to let you know that I saved a slot in the calendar for an Inchie-A-Thon.
    It'll run June 15th to June 22nd, 2017... so don't forget to mark your calendars.

I have some themes in mind for prompts but if you would like to see something different then please do share!

This -athon is open to everyone; no sign-up is required! This thread will serve as the pre-athon chat and prep thread for us to brainstorm ideas and suggestions. Anyone and everyone who can answers questions - please do so as this is the first time I am hosting anything on AFA. Help a newbie out!

BASICS

Canvas: inchies; they are 1"x1" and can be rinchies (rounded inchies with a 1" diameter).

Medium: Any and all, as long as your art is original (no prints or copies please). You may paint, draw, ink, collage, stamp, sew, embroider, block print, mono-print, digitally alter, etc. For thin/floppy materials - please use a strong backing such as cardstock.

Challenge yourself: I extend a challenge to as an artist! Try to go out of your comfort one and do something different. Try not to focus on stickers, if you want that look then try making your own stickers! I went and got myself some shirnky dink making materials which I might use here if I remember. I typically paint with watercolors so this time I'll be challenging myself in using different mediums.
    Let's have fun while we expand our abilities! We only learn from mistakes so do not be afraid to make them!

Daily Prompts: All themes and subjects are welcome! I know that some of us prefer for prompts to be available (I need them myself) so I have proposed the following themes (these are not set in stone, I am open to changing or adding on).

(Day 1) Kitten Mischief - kittens getting into things they shouldn't be such as a bown of ice cream, tearing up the lace basket, etc.

(Day 2) Fancy Bunnies - bunnies wearing fancy clothes; glasses, pocket watch, top hat, etc

(Day 3) Anthropomorphic food - food with a face, they do not need all of the main features of a face (eyes, nose, mouth, ears)

(Day 4) Save the Ivory - to help spread the word of saving these beautiful animals (rhinos & elephants); to do our little artistic part in stopping the Ivory trade

(Day 5) Bees Knees - these little beauties need to be saved as well and thus need our artistic help to spread the word

(Day 6) Travel/Adventure - summer vacation everyone...it's what "normal" people do but us artists have our own unique way of doing it every day of the year. So let's create an inchie to show that we can travel too with just one tiny canvas

(Day 7) Pokemon - I am not sure if you guys like this one... It'll be open so any Pokemon, or item, or even character works.

Challenges (any day):

(1) Make a rinchie
    (2) Make an inchie from clay (polymer, Sculpey, air dry, cloud clay, paper clay, etc)
    (3) Cut-outs: make your own cut outs on another paper then add to a background you make on your own
    (4) Glitter! An art challenge without this magical medium is no fun... Let's see if you can create something creative using glitter (you can use shaker card materials as well)
    (5) Mini Inchie Accordian Book: I see myself creating this towards the end perhaps? When you have roughly 3 or more inchie done, try adding them to another piece of paper to make a mini book.
    (6) Inchie with moving parts - this should be fun to create and share as well!
    (7) Adding this for myself here: I'll be attempting to make a sea turtle paper doll that folds away to be an inchie size. Any other brave adventurers out there wanting to try this?
    (8) Any others? Someone have a challenge for us to take on?

Try to spread the word out to those that love making inchies or want to try them.
    Last edited by ParadoxSketchbook; 05-16-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay Inchies! I can't wait!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This looks like so much fun!! I can't wait! Not sure if this would be possible but perhaps a fun theme idea could also be an inchie with moving parts? I know it's rather small scale for anything intricate but perhaps it could work : )
    My address has changed as of May 2017!

She gave herself very good advice, but she very seldom followed it...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qkenzie View Post
    This looks like so much fun!! I can't wait! Not sure if this would be possible but perhaps a fun theme idea could also be an inchie with moving parts? I know it's rather small scale for anything intricate but perhaps it could work : )
    Lol! That is a grand idea! Well...the main point is to challenge yourself so why not?
    I can add it in on the challenges and let's see how many inchie makers attempt it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking.... Haven't joined an a-thon yet....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a great idea! I hope to play. Thanks for organizing this.
    Can't sell your soul for peace of mind. - Tom Petty

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bookmarking....sounds wonderful!
    Give yourself a gift this year...become an AFA FRIEND!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the invite! Also lurking, haven't done an athon yet either, bit unsure about how it works still, even though Donnacr has tried her best to explain it to me
    Is it the idea to put what we make up for trade ?

Oh and under where you explain medium it sais houses.... did you borrow from Pam ?
    You can edit this when you log in
    ~ So many ideas, so little time...! ~

~ Now Hosting Postage Stamp Weaving ATC Swap 2.0 Due Sept 1 ~

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne75 View Post
    Thanks for the invite! Also lurking, haven't done an athon yet either, bit unsure about how it works still, even though Donnacr has tried her best to explain it to me
    Is it the idea to put what we make up for trade ?

Oh and under where you explain medium it sais houses.... did you borrow from Pam ?
    You can edit this when you log in
    Ummm I believe that is the key here... whatever you make during the a-thon can be traded with others here. You make the trades via PM. But it must be made during the time we put the a-thon for.
    ***If I am wrong, an expert should correct me, please!

Lol! I am not sure but yes I was advised to just go through the previous ones and I think I used the inchie house a-thon to write this up. I went and fixed it - thank you for pointing it out! XD

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those that have done the sea turtle paper doll swap...or have made paper dolls:
    I invite you to try the newest challenge added to the list (number 7).

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bookmarking! I'm planning to make some monochrome inchies--a different color for each one :-)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KPinAK View Post
    Bookmarking! I'm planning to make some monochrome inchies--a different color for each one :-)
    That'll be interesting to see KP!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Inchies and Athons so this is definitely bookmarked!
    Now hosting: Post-Christmas/New Year Athon http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?34862-Post-Christmas-New-Year-Athon-thread&p=1946864 January PAT - hot and cold http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...-date-March-12
    I am moving on Wednesday Jan 10 - please ask for new address.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like so much fun! Hoping to join in!
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to play. It is a month away. Time sure seems to fly when you are having fun.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll defiantly join in with this

Jean is offline Artist in the Lucy Ricardo tradition
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking!
    One of the truest tests of integrity is its blunt refusal to be compromised - Chinua Achebe
    Etsy Watercolor PIF thread My Website

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Following as I'll be a newbie to inchies!
    IMPORTANT ... All overseas traders - please make sure all envelopes are well taped up as I've had some arrived torn
    Catching up on itraders and you rock points
    So sorry for not being on here much recently, the cursed fibromyalgia keeps taking over my body and mind ... and has made my creative juices dry up

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope to play!