View Poll Results: What A-Thon do you want to see next? Please comment with your thoughts.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paper Doll-a-thon: would be open to paper dolls of all sizes and types

2 13.33%
  • Chunky-a-thon (4"x4")

6 40.00%
  • Learn-A-Thon: I have some topics related to animals but if you want to suggest something else then let me know

3 20.00%
  • Twinchie-a-thon

6 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Inchie-a-Thon, June 15th - June 22nd, 2017

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KESagers View Post
    Wow- so much detail in such small art - those are so sweet!

I've seen Sculpey - finished product - but I've never seen the cloud clay. I have some Sculpey some where but I doubt it's still soft. I should dig it out soon and see if it's even usable.
    Thank you! Cloud Clay I usually get from Jo-Ann. Hobby Lobby & Michaels used to have it where I used to live but not here in the new place. It is not expensive... I $5.00 for one pack. It is available in primary colors but I have only gotten the white one. I usually just mix acrylic paints and even Jaquard dyes to add my own colors. I actually used both Sculpey and Cloud Clay in my senior art portfolio. I had made 3 main pieces for the exhibition and of them 1 was focused on clay.
    If you go through the slide show here you'll see that: Sada Bhera
    That is a court yard, a miniature one... the little boy and the flowers are done with Amaco Cloud Clay while the vegetables are Sculpey. For size reference: I can lay 3 of those peppers on my pinky nail easily....and I have small hands.
    I lost most of my tools during the big move to another state so I have been avoiding clay as it can get difficult to create anything without the proper tools.

Quote Originally Posted by acalla View Post
    I think inches art so cute and I have made a few.

But I dont know what to do with them as a collection...what you guys do with your collections?

You're right! Inchies are "smol" and adorable! I actually mount 6 inchies to one ATC sized cardstock or a playing card and put them in my binder. I have also in the past added them to a book, I made mini inchie books and even made some that were 3"x4" that I would mount multiple inchies to one page at a time. I have seen people use them as embellishments for making larger works like ATCs or even decorate album covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgen View Post
    Love, love, loven those kitties everyone and the shaker fish bowl is to die for! I sure hope I can sneak in some time for this. Better get a move on!!
    Plenty of time to catch up! I can't wait to go home today and make more art! I have some cards to finish in order to mail off for a PAT but other that I think I am free this weekend to make inchies.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosatlanta View Post
    I have most of my collection hanging in frames - so far I have 6 frames with 100 inchies in each frame.

I never get tired of looking at them.
    That is a clever idea! I'll have to get a frame to do that next time instead of putting them in a binder.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any plan for "fancy bunnies"?
    I made a few sketches of regular bunnies then went in and added bows to them. I am going to attempt to draw a male one wearing formal attire today and see how that goes.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxSketchbook View Post
    Any plan for "fancy bunnies"?
    I made a few sketches of regular bunnies then went in and added bows to them. I am going to attempt to draw a male one wearing formal attire today and see how that goes.
    I have 2 done ... I'll post 'em when I have 3.
    (They are bunnies, so I'm sure they will multiply quickly!)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chaosatlanta - your inchie frame is spectacular! Where do you get the frames?

Just found this site online - if you go to her home page she has a long list of "images" or free printables that runs down the right side. This is the address for her smaller images:

http://thesumofallcrafts.blogspot.co...image%20sheets

I think many of them would work on small art. I think its fun to see artists using the same image or product in different ways so I'm not worried if we all print and use the same ones.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 done ... I'll post 'em when I have 3.
    (They are bunnies, so I'm sure they will multiply quickly!)
    That is true! Bunnies do multiply! I have been sketching here at work and it seems I have gotten my hands good at doing gesture drawings of bunnies...these would make great paper dolls now that I think about it.

Just found this site online - if you go to her home page she has a long list of "images" or free printables that runs down the right side. This is the address for her smaller images:

I think many of them would work on small art. I think its fun to see artists using the same image or product in different ways so I'm not worried if we all print and use the same ones.
    Good share!!! Thank you for that! That site is blocked here at work so I'll browse when I get home.
    I think you can find the frames on sale at Jo-Ann's sometimes...and I have seen them on Amazon as well. You can also get them on sale at other stores too.
    Actually any frame works as they are inchies so you can fit plenty into one frame.
    I am going to stick to getting small ones that are perhaps 5"x7" type? This way I can paint a giant tree on the wall and have the frames "hanging" from the branches... call it my Inchie Tree. With every fruit that the tree gives you get at least 12 inchies. Okay sorry I attempted to create a nice story on the spot and failed lol. XD

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just got the approval for hosting my first swap here.

So just wanted to see if any inchie addicts are interested: It'll be a paper doll swap focused on animals (no fantasy type). I am thinking about making a tutorial video that shows how I approach making my own templates that offer different perspectives. Any thoughts...?

I got a bunch of animal inchies guys from a swap left over so I'll be posting those as available. Kittens are not up for trade as I plan on using them to make art tiles so the tiles would be available when completed.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bunnies are here:

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love those bunnies!

Great idea for the inchie tree!
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bunnies are here:
    Ooooo! the top hat is to die for! XD

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

I got my frames many years ago at Michael's. They are called "Scrapbook Frames" 12"x12" and the frame has a little depth to it, so the dimensional inchies have room to fit. They were on sale - so pretty cheap (a few dollars). I got a pack of 12"x12" black cardstock to mount the inchies on inside the frame.

Thanks for the link! The terms of use are pretty generous!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Temporarily attached to card stock for ease of sending but the tape is peel-off tape and comes right off.

To be traded as a set but I'm happy it mix things up with the trade and will trade for a combo of inchies and other things like cancelled stamps or any mixed media I could use on inchies. (This is true for all of my inchie set trades.)

Please Take a Seat! - set 1
    Last edited by KESagers; 06-16-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip! I'll look for those frames next time I go to Michaels.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no! We're onto bunnies already! I have my 6 kitties done except for background paint. I used my new Jane Davenport little tins of watercolors. I can't talk them up enough. I actually feel like I can paint! So super! Alright back to work.
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Temporarily attached to card stock for ease of sending but the tape is peel-off tape and comes right off.

To be traded as a set but I'm happy it mix things up with the trade and will trade for a combo of inchies and other things like cancelled stamps or any mixed media I could use on inchies. (This is true for all of my inchie set trades.)

Please Take a Seat! - set 1
    Oh those look so cute! I love the little seats!

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgen View Post
    Oh no! We're onto bunnies already! I have my 6 kitties done except for background paint. I used my new Jane Davenport little tins of watercolors. I can't talk them up enough. I actually feel like I can paint! So super! Alright back to work.
    Still plenty of time to make inchies!
    I thought about trying the Jane Davenport supplies but backed out as I could not find any good reviews and tutorials on them. Please do share what you make so we can see

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my cats with character. So much fun to make! I keep debating on which one would make the best driver's license photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love those expressions Smidgen!

Lots of time left CQueen!

This is what I did today - sets of two:

I Love Pansies!

Floral Postage

O Canada
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So nice to see all the inch-by-inch art happening in here.

Another set from me...breakfast, anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Now taking flight: The Winged Heart Swap!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxSketchbook View Post
    [COLOR="Purple"]I just got the approval for hosting my first swap here.
    Congrats on your first swap hosting!
    Now taking flight: The Winged Heart Swap!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like