View Poll Results: What A-Thon do you want to see next? Please comment with your thoughts.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paper Doll-a-thon: would be open to paper dolls of all sizes and types

2 13.33%
  • Chunky-a-thon (4"x4")

6 40.00%
  • Learn-A-Thon: I have some topics related to animals but if you want to suggest something else then let me know

3 20.00%
  • Twinchie-a-thon

6 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Official Inchie-a-Thon, June 15th - June 22nd, 2017

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was interesting to work so small. Here are a few:
    Attachment 185116 Attachment 185117
    Last edited by Lorna; 06-23-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Nanner - that looks cool and very useful, I looked up reviews of the cutter bee. I'll be heading over to Michael's today in the evening when someone can drive me as I am at the stage where driving is not safe anymore. I missed the sale I am guessing but it looks like they should be around $10.00 at regular price which I am willing to pay as it would be a handy investment.

Lorna - I do hope you attempt this time as these little works are addicting to make. I find it most fun to figure out what I am going to create after I make a bunch of inchies.

Smidgen - Thank you! (This goes to Nanner as well) when you guys recommend Bristol which type are you reffering to? They have multiple type of paper to select from. The only kind I have currently is a mini sketchbook that has normal paper - super floppy.

chaosatlanta - the crazy food looks like they need to be put up near some athletic posters lol! They look like they would go nice in ads for sports and sport equipments.
    I love that little kitty doll you made! I love how you used the brads to look like buttons - very clever indeed!!!

KESagers - as always - the kitties look grand! I am thinking that you might end up doing a whole series of "take a stand" as it looks like you're really good at picking those out. I would like to throw out a challenge to you that relates to this: compile a mini inchie album/book of any type or form that is "take a seat" themed.

CastleQueen5 - we wasted the Sunday watching some TV. I think I was the only who remembered it was Father's Day and I wished my own dad but it looks like after that everyone forgot again. They were all too excited about working on the front yard as we are getting new plants put in. I haven't been watching sports anymore due to the Lions loosing in Football and then just a few days ago India loosing to Pakistan horribly in Cricket. Now I just do not feel excited anymore about any sport.

RhonaPaints - I am impressed! For your firt time those are just out right amazing!!!! I love the little kitty ones!

dsign49 - glad to see you made plenty!!! I love the far right set the most from the first 3 you posted! And very nice touch of adding complimentary backing to them. The next set is grand as well!

Donnacr - Wowza donna!!! you really were busy this weekend!!! XD I'll have to ask for a trade for the shaker inchies... seems like I am finding anything shaker type to be very comforting lately. Clever recycling there for the penguins! Another set that I love!
    I hope the distressing news is not too distressing? *hug*

Lorna - the zentangle set is really breath taking!!! And to think you get those patterns done on such tiny surface - just wow!

Everyone- thank you all for your concern and wishes. I hope to be well soon as I have plenty of art that needs to be done...plus my muse is killing me from the constant bugging and nagging! XD
    Awesome job on keeping the thread alive while I was out! Really proud of you creative bunch! Inchies are looking totally cool and I am sure anyone who visits the thread in the future would be sad from not getting a chance at grabbing these inchies for a trade.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I was doing some inchies over the weekend... plus some ATCs. I also got distracted by Pinterest in the hopes of finding some inspiring inchies for you guys to look at. I cannot get the image links to work here for some reason so please bare with me... I am creating a board for each of the a-thon options listed in the poll above for you guys to look at in advance. Here is what I have so far (I'll post the others later on):

Inchies
    Twinchies

The twinchies one I feel now should not even exist... most of the inchies can be used in the same way to make twinchies. Plus half the pins say twinchies but are really inchies... So after this a-thon is over I'll move the twinchie pins over to the inchies one.
    Help - when I look up chunky pages or chunky page art I keep getting "chunky heels" instead. Anybody have a board already that I could borrow from or some other terms I could use to find better results in the search?
    At any rate I do have some pins in there: Chunkies

And also... if anyone has Pins or Boards relating to: ATC Address Tags and Paper Dolls (using brads, thread, beads, wire etc) then please share those as well here.

So if you guys want, you can visit my Instagram to see what I posted this weekend. I'll post more if I can remember to. In summary: I made 2 inchies for the fanyc bunnies, made a mini mask as a rinchie and a pokeball as a rinchie, finished 1 bee inchie out of 3 I have lined, finished 1 elephant out of 3 I have lined... I finished painting the rhino inchie paper doll but need to get those cutter bee in order to finish him.
    I used 5 inchies of the kawaii foods to make an accordion book. Still need to figure out how to keep it closed...

The other 3 inspired me to make another inchie project: inchie exploding box gift. I made an inchie sized clay kawaii food charm to sit inside it. Cut the main box out, and lined more inchies to add on the inside and outside. I hope to complete it before this a-thon is over so that you guys can see it. It has an inchie for the cover/lid that I got inventive with: I made a little candy thing from clay which I stuck a brad underneath of. Then another inchie I made tiny candies on the corners and added a lace thing in the center. I'll be sticking the clay candy into the center of that inchie then gluing it down to the lid. This would make it like a handle to pull the lid with.
    This has already got plenty of ideas from my muse going: I want to make a box like this for bees, elephants/rhinos, and pandas to use as auction options to donate to those animals in need. Plus I already have a gift in mind for my husband as well that is similar: he like electronics and cars... car would be too hard to build from clay at this time so I'll skip that.

As for the clay challenge: I have a half finished Pancham (panda Pokemon) that I hope to get into the oven today.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
    I decided to do a mini raffle as a thank you for everyone who joined this a-thon. Everyone who has created something would get a ticket...so if you made and shared you are automatically in. I'll be mailing the winner an inchie set at the end - winner picked with RNG.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol ... we need a kitty-a-thon! I was just looking at the inchies and it seems first most favored in kittens and second is food.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paradox: Glad to see you are back and feeling better. If you are in the heatwave, stay hydrated and hide inside.
    Thanks for the feedback on the inchies. I will try them again, they have a place in the creative process.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really amazed by those shaker inchies Donna!

Lorna - adorable kitties and incredible tangles!

Paradox - I have not figured out a way to search for chunkies - same problems. I think AFA might be your best bet using the chunky books traded category. Tip-ins are another one that's hard to search for.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
    Paradox: Glad to see you are back and feeling better. If you are in the heatwave, stay hydrated and hide inside.
    Thanks for the feedback on the inchies. I will try them again, they have a place in the creative process.

I have been drinking water that has lemon, cucumber, and mint placed inside for 8 hours (thank you mom). And yes I am in California - I am not able to go outside from weakness so I am in the AC all day. Just going to make a super short trip to michaels only today though!

Quote Originally Posted by KESagers View Post
    Really amazed by those shaker inchies Donna!

Lorna - adorable kitties and incredible tangles!

Paradox - I have not figured out a way to search for chunkies - same problems. I think AFA might be your best bet using the chunky books traded category. Tip-ins are another one that's hard to search for.
    Hmmm that is odd. I might go through the gallery here and start pinning all of the chunkies I find and the tip-ins as well? I have not made tip-ins and do not evne understand them honestly so no help there. XD

I thought I was being clever: I cnanot copy the image url from Instagram so posted my images to my blog...which alos does not allow me to copy image url.
    Looks like I'll have to use the other website to resize the file size to upload here instead.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    All right babs... got them uploaded to the gallery here so here they are:

DAY 2 - fancy bunnies

DAY 3 - Anthropomorphic Food & Challenge 5 - make an inchie accordion book

DAY 4 - Save the Ivory & DAY 5 - Bees Knees
    Plus Challenge 1 - make a rinchie

So the elephant and bee actually have more that I lined but did not paint because I am just feeling like not dealing with those 2 topics right now... I actually want to make some paper dolls instead.
    I do have a plan for them as I mentioned before: either I'll make exploding boxes or make mini albums?
    Currently working on my one and only shaker inchie... why am I struggling with these?

EDIT: UGH!!! Being sick makes me mess up so much...apparently I posted everything twice...went to delete one copy and ended up deleting the ones that had comments..? OOPS! And I realized that the images I put here are the ones that got deleted.... I hate having a muggy brain.
    Last edited by ParadoxSketchbook; 06-19-2017 at 04:37 PM. Reason: changed image links so they work now?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SUZANNE View Post
    Hello All. I would like to participate in the Inchie-a-thon and I made several inchies and rinchies but I don't know where to post them to make trades. Do we wait till the end of the Inchie-a-thon or can we trade them any time? I don't know how to go about posting them here. Please advise.
    Hello and welcome to the a-thon!!
    I guess I should have posted the instructions in the intro here...oopsies. Thank you for reminding me.

In short here is a past a-thon post that has the instructions on the bottom: How to Post

If you still need help then just let us know here.
    For trading: you can comment here or if you want contact the artists directly by direct messaging them about the inchies you are interested in trading. Also, the trade time limit is for the a-thon only, meaning you can use this thread to do your trade till the closing time. Otherwise if there are inchies still available for trading you can still trade normally via direct messaging.

When you post your inchies just make sure they are marked as available if you want to trade them still. I hope this helps!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

My second challenge

Make an inchie book: Challenge accepted!
    Made cover using cardstock, iridescent acrylic paint and texture mediums. I painted the title on a scrap of card and pressed it into the wet texture medium. I made the pages from watercolour paper, watercolour paints for the background and acrylic paint for the images. Instead of cutting the inchie pages I folded them accordion style. Binded with just glue and used ballpoint pen for the title page.

Thank you for all the kind comments about my first attempts. I am so amazed at what you all can do with such a teensy size!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RhonaPaints; 06-19-2017 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Materials used

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SUZANNE View Post
    Hello All. I would like to participate in the Inchie-a-thon and I made several inchies and rinchies but I don't know where to post them to make trades. Do we wait till the end of the Inchie-a-thon or can we trade them any time? I don't know how to go about posting them here. Please advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by RhonaPaints View Post
    Make an inchie book: Challenge accepted!
    Made cover using cardstock, iridescent acrylic paint and texture mediums. I painted the title on a scrap of card and pressed it into the wet texture medium. I made the pages from watercolour paper, watercolour paints for the background and acrylic paint for the images. Instead of cutting the inchie pages I folded them accordion style. Binded with just glue and used ballpoint pen for the title page.

Thank you for all the kind comments about my first attempts. I am so amazed at what you all can do with such a teensy size!
    Oh woooowww! I love this texture and the colors! Nicely done!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paradox, so glad you are slowly on the mend. The Bristol I bought is Strathmore 100 pound that I found in a pad form probably in Michael's or A. C. Moore.
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tried some more...
    Themes: Kitten mischief, Save the Ivory, Bees Knees, Travel/Adventure
    Challenges: Cut-outs (bee), Glitter (sail)
    Materials: Watercolour paper, watercolour, acrylics, glitter, gel medium, ink
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (34.9 KB, 3 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (75.6 KB, 3 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (76.9 KB, 2 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (76.7 KB, 3 views)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    And.. ehem.. a folding inchie sized paper doll lol
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (42.7 KB, 2 views)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Rhona and Paradox - I'm seeing a lot of painted detail on these little ichies! So impressive! I am always amazed at the small detail people include on inchies.

Set #3 for Lorna

Set #4 for Donnacr

I can make more if anyone else is interested.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Such lovely inchies, all!

Here are (prolly the last two) from me:

The Pickle King and The Pizza Man
    My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pizza Man rules!
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't read the rest of this page or my PMs yet (sorry, day from Hell and tomorrow isn't looking too much better) but I wanted to show 3 sets that I made yesterday - purple & green cats #6, elephants #7 and silver edged cat stickers #8.
    Hopefully I will be able to catch up sometime in the afternoon
    Now hosting:Postage stamp ATCs - CATS Due: January 20
    I will be holidaying in New Zealand between Nov 27 and Dec 16 - my mail will be held by the Post Office till I return. I will be checking in when we have Internet but this will be irregularly.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suzanne - I just PM'd you!

Donnacr - I'm going nuts for those purple and green cats! I hope today goes better than expected!
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgen View Post
    Paradox, so glad you are slowly on the mend. The Bristol I bought is Strathmore 100 pound that I found in a pad form probably in Michael's or A. C. Moore.
    I'll have to check this out the next time I am in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnacr View Post
    I haven't read the rest of this page or my PMs yet (sorry, day from Hell and tomorrow isn't looking too much better) but I wanted to show 3 sets that I made yesterday - purple & green cats #6, elephants #7 and silver edged cat stickers #8.
    Hopefully I will be able to catch up sometime in the afternoon
    Oooooh I love the elephants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nanner View Post
    Such lovely inchies, all!

Here are (prolly the last two) from me:

The Pickle King and The Pizza Man

Oh wow the pizza man is really good Nanner! Oh and I went and got myself the cutter bee yesterday and boy was it easier to cut the tiny paper dolls. I must say though this would be the last time I make something that has so many edges and is small. I'll stick to bigger paper dolls from here on.

Quote Originally Posted by KESagers View Post
    Wow Rhona and Paradox - I'm seeing a lot of painted detail on these little ichies! So impressive! I am always amazed at the small detail people include on inchies.

Set #3 for Lorna

Set #4 for Donnacr

I can make more if anyone else is interested.
    I am finding it easier to just paint my inchies... using other things just is a pain in my opinion...even stickers have gotten messy. So much easier to just use a liner then paint the details. XD
    I would have to request a set as well if you are up to it!

And.. ehem.. a folding inchie sized paper doll lol
    Oh wow! Yea that is a clever approach to making small dolls! I am going to have to remember this next time!

Tried some more...
    Themes: Kitten mischief, Save the Ivory, Bees Knees, Travel/Adventure
    Challenges: Cut-outs (bee), Glitter (sail)
    Materials: Watercolour paper, watercolour, acrylics, glitter, gel medium, ink
    Oh nice job with these! I really love the ivory themed ones.