View Poll Results: What A-Thon do you want to see next? Please comment with your thoughts.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paper Doll-a-thon: would be open to paper dolls of all sizes and types

2 13.33%
  • Chunky-a-thon (4"x4")

6 40.00%
  • Learn-A-Thon: I have some topics related to animals but if you want to suggest something else then let me know

3 20.00%
  • Twinchie-a-thon

6 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Official Inchie-a-Thon, June 15th - June 22nd, 2017

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope to post images today of what I have been working on... I had about 3 hours where I could have done something but of course I would get super sleepy at that time... not happy at myself for wasting that time sleeping.

Cutter Bee is awesomeness!!! I was searching and there are more scissors made for tiny details so I might have to get another one but I'll stick to the cutter bee for now and not making tiny things so much.

Just want to make a call out: if anyone ends up making extra bee, elephant, rhino, and panda inchies or anything else really and would care to donate them then please PM me. I have been working with a few organizations that are interested in getting my group set up as they love the idea of using hand made art to auction off to gather donations. I already can tell it'll be a blast! I have been getting plenty of ideas for the art works I want to donate... I have a few felt plushies plus some clay things already skethced out. Once I have the group up and running you'll know as I'll add the link to my signature here.

Any ideas for a group name btw? I do not want to focus on a certain animal as I'll rotate auctions out to different animals each time. Bees, elephants, rhinos, and pandas are on the list right now...
    and the goal would be to use art (and literature) to promote awareness, appericiation, and respect for these animals in need. Plus donations would be focused on art and literature as well.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    first thought for a group name
    lions and tigers and bears oh my
    Shirley ~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Individual inchies

Left to right:

Be Cool, A Star is Born, Postage from Finland
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paradox - I have an Ellie moo house. PMing you now.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for spamming the thread but these little inchies somehow got my muse going again and I've made 47 so far and another 40 backgrounds lol and helped spur me to finishing other projects. I think I'm going to try to make 100!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are rocking this marathon! Isn't it great when you get into the zone.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking in the Athon Gallery...better get busy making something to trade...so many beautiful inchies. I may be getting the hang of this? I used some little doodle pieces, recut and added here and there.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lorna those are so pretty with the shades of blue!

Two more kitty sets from me.

Take a seat - Purple - traded

Take a seat - Green
    Last edited by KESagers; 06-21-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finished some today.
    Last edited by dsign49; 07-07-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one is for KESagers.
    Last edited by dsign49; 07-07-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay!
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few I made last night. The pink did not scan well, it has bright pink accents that scanned as pale pink. The other is from a card I finished off. The colors are way better IRL.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KESagers View Post

Individual inchies

Left to right:

Be Cool, A Star is Born, Postage from Finland
    I love the creative names you are coming up with for these inchie sets! My favorite from this is the "A Star is Born".

Quote Originally Posted by RhonaPaints View Post
    Sorry for spamming the thread but these little inchies somehow got my muse going again and I've made 47 so far and another 40 backgrounds lol and helped spur me to finishing other projects. I think I'm going to try to make 100!
    You are not spamming at all! That is the whole point of these threads - share everything you make! I must say you really have the muse kicking this time.. lucky you! If you do end up making a 100 then I think you would be holding a record for the "100 in 100 days Challenge" that some artists do. It would be nice to see all 100 posted together though as a huge collection. That would make quite the impressive sight! A 100 inchies displayed at once.... 100 times the cuteness and cretivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
    Looking in the Athon Gallery...better get busy making something to trade...so many beautiful inchies. I may be getting the hang of this? I used some little doodle pieces, recut and added here and there.
    I think that's a good idea to use other bits to finish what you already have. Recently I was discussing with someone about a challenge we might do:
    create a large painting/piece that is roughly 9"x12" or bigger. Once it is complete we just turn it over and cut out as many ATCs as we can from them to see what we get. Then the idea would be to add final details or finishing touches to the individual ATCs.

Lorna those are so pretty with the shades of blue!

Two more kitty sets from me.

Take a seat - Purple - traded

Take a seat - Green
    Take a Seat is taking over the Inchie Art World!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsign49 View Post
    I finished some today.

Ooooh wow I am loving these!!! I hope the 1,2,3 one is available as I would totally love to have that in my collection!

Quote Originally Posted by dsign49 View Post
    This one is for KESagers.
    Another lovely kitty set! Seriously you guys want a kitty-a-thon or what? XD

Here are a few I made last night. The pink did not scan well, it has bright pink accents that scanned as pale pink. The other is from a card I finished off. The colors are way better IRL.

Ooooh these are cool! I think of koi fish, fish eggs, and the deep sea when I look at these 2 sets. It would be cool to get a bunch of these inchies and put them together like a puzzle to make an ocean bed.
    I avoid the scanner as it tends to throw off colors too drastically, I find my phone is just much better at getting close to real colors.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Your color combos on these are just so interesting - I love them!

Had to run out to the store today for food - I keep telling my husband we need to stop eating - it cuts into my crafting. One of those rare nice summer days in NJ - hot but not too hot and low humidity. Took our old jalopy convertible out and enjoyed the necessity of a food run. Now to see if I can come up with some more Postage Stamp inchies.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your color combos on these are just so interesting - I love them!

Had to run out to the store today for food - I keep telling my husband we need to stop eating - it cuts into my crafting. One of those rare nice summer days in NJ - hot but not too hot and low humidity. Took our old jalopy convertible out and enjoyed the necessity of a food run. Now to see if I can come up with some more Postage Stamp inchies.
    Ooooh boy! I hate that too when other human needs get in the way of making like eating and sleeping! XD
    I wish we had an option to pick from: make art and never need food or sleep or not make art and have to sleep and get food... or something. Just an option where I can art without getting sick or those dumb things that kill the muse.

I'll be making a quick trip to the store today...most likely the last one in the next few months (I hope). I am preparing the return packages for the owl swap I hosted and now I gotta find some goodies for the first swap I want to post on here. I haven't had the energy to make a video yet so I might end up doing a picture tutorial instead.

HEADS UP: chunky and twinchie are at a tie right now for the next a-thon.... I hope that breaks eventually. Either way the few prompts/challenges I came up with would apply to both so I cannot wait for July to end so that we can do another a-thon.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaZarf View Post
    first thought for a group name
    lions and tigers and bears oh my
    I wrote it down!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    cool.
    Shirley ~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Bouquet of inchies for Paradox.

My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Bouquet of inchies for Paradox.

Loving them!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    All right Inchie Addicts!!!
    Today is the last day to wrap things up....technically speaking. And you have one more week to finish trades.

I'll be laid-back about this seeing as I spent most of my time in bed anyways not creating.
    We have one more week to finish all the trades so please clear up all trades and any last minute creations before the next week is up.
    This means you have till June 30th to finish trades. You can still share any new inchies you make in the thread till then as well. After that date the thread is going to be closed officially.

I was hoping we would get someone new to pop in and break the tie on the poll but looks like that's not going to happen. Seeing as we all liked the inchies so much and by request via private message I have decided our next a-thon is going to be focused on twinchies. Now we just need to figure out dates that work best for you guys.
    Already we have a-thons happening July 3 - 6, 20-23, 27-30... so if we want one in July then it would most likely be July 9th to July 15th. I'll post an "upcoming twinchie-a-thon" thread with this date proposed.

Thank you guys for making this a-thon such a fun event! I really enjoyed this. And apologizies for getting ill part of the way and lacking in activity. I hope to be more creative with the twinchie-a-thon.

If you made inchies during this a-thon and they are not traded then do not foget to move them out of the a-thon gallery to the available for trade section in other mail art category. Trades can still happen via PM, everyone! So keep making those miniature cute creations and trading them out. I hope to host this again next year...around this time.