View Poll Results: What A-Thon do you want to see next? Please comment with your thoughts.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paper Doll-a-thon: would be open to paper dolls of all sizes and types

2 13.33%
  • Chunky-a-thon (4"x4")

6 40.00%
  • Learn-A-Thon: I have some topics related to animals but if you want to suggest something else then let me know

3 20.00%
  • Twinchie-a-thon

6 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Official Inchie-a-Thon, June 15th - June 22nd, 2017

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    All right Inchie Addicts!!!
    Today is the last day to wrap things up....technically speaking. And you have one more week to finish trades.

I'll be laid-back about this seeing as I spent most of my time in bed anyways not creating.
    We have one more week to finish all the trades so please clear up all trades and any last minute creations before the next week is up.
    This means you have till June 30th to finish trades. You can still share any new inchies you make in the thread till then as well. After that date the thread is going to be closed officially.

I was hoping we would get someone new to pop in and break the tie on the poll but looks like that's not going to happen. Seeing as we all liked the inchies so much and by request via private message I have decided our next a-thon is going to be focused on twinchies. Now we just need to figure out dates that work best for you guys.
    Already we have a-thons happening July 3 - 6, 20-23, 27-30... so if we want one in July then it would most likely be July 9th to July 15th. I'll post an "upcoming twinchie-a-thon" thread with this date proposed.

Thank you guys for making this a-thon such a fun event! I really enjoyed this. And apologizies for getting ill part of the way and lacking in activity. I hope to be more creative with the twinchie-a-thon.

If you made inchies during this a-thon and they are not traded then do not foget to move them out of the a-thon gallery to the available for trade section in other mail art category. Trades can still happen via PM, everyone! So keep making those miniature cute creations and trading them out. I hope to host this again next year...around this time.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I put the twinchie date on my calendar. I'll start gathering supplies now that will be the right size. I think I might need to make some backgrounds also.

I have some trades pending but I'll start sorting things soon.

Thank you to our hostess for a really great marathon! I hope you are feeling 100% very soon.

Looks like a lot of fun marathons are planned for the hot muggy days of summer - I'm stuck inside when the air is un-breathable so it makes me happy to have the chance to art with everyone.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you to everyone participating and special thanks to Paradox for hosting the Athon. What a fun time with a new size challenge! I hope to try these again.

So we are going to try twinchies...I look forward to joining in. See everyone there...maybe even doing tip-ins and the challenge hunt.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 more sets of Inchies to finish the Athon with - these came from a design I found while looking for Celtic knots for ann stebbing's swap.
    #9 #10

I am heading to my PMs now - apologies for the slowness but I have spent the week having all manner of tests to confirm that my cancer has returned after 7 years clear. Working really hard to complete all swaps that I have signed up to before treatment starts.
    I have a new address from the end of June - ROBINA.

Now hosting: Halloween/ Autumn ATART running Oct 30-Nov 4 (thread coming shortly)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnacr View Post
    - apologies for the slowness but I have spent the week having all manner of tests to confirm that my cancer has returned after 7 years clear. Working really hard to complete all swaps that I have signed up to before treatment starts.

WHAT?!?! Oh dear. Oh I am so so sorry

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Donnacr - I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KESagers View Post
    I put the twinchie date on my calendar. I'll start gathering supplies now that will be the right size. I think I might need to make some backgrounds also.

I have some trades pending but I'll start sorting things soon.

Thank you to our hostess for a really great marathon! I hope you are feeling 100% very soon.

Looks like a lot of fun marathons are planned for the hot muggy days of summer - I'm stuck inside when the air is un-breathable so it makes me happy to have the chance to art with everyone.

That is cool because it looks like it has been placed on the calendar. I have already cut twinchies out as well! I'll get the "pre-a-thon" thread up to discuss it before it goes live. Thank you for showing such enthusiasm in this a-thon and the upcoming ones! *hug*

Quote Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
    Thank you to everyone participating and special thanks to Paradox for hosting the Athon. What a fun time with a new size challenge! I hope to try these again.

So we are going to try twinchies...I look forward to joining in. See everyone there...maybe even doing tip-ins and the challenge hunt.

Yes same here! I really am glad I discovered inchies as I find these a lot easier to work with than ATCs. I am going to try to schedule the a-thon so that it does not conflict with the tip-ins and definetly not with the challenge hunt as I want to participate in that.

I have 2 more sets of Inchies to finish the Athon with - these came from a design I found while looking for Celtic knots for ann stebbing's swap.
    #9 #10

I am heading to my PMs now - apologies for the slowness but I have spent the week having all manner of tests to confirm that my cancer has returned after 7 years clear. Working really hard to complete all swaps that I have signed up to before treatment starts.
    These turned out great! I really love celtic knots and you did awesome in capturing them on such a small canvas. Really awesome!

I apologize about that bad news. We just got done with my mom's radiology after 17 chemo treatments so I know itt can really take a toll on not just the person but others in the family as well. Sending healing nad brights vibes your way in the hopes that you have the courage to make it through this and fight it! *hugs*

I apologize for not posting anything guys but I kind of had some emotional stuff happen... on the bright side I got to see a doctor...and have some appointments for testing scheduled and temporarily have medication to get me out of bed some-what. On the down side we had a death in the family, my mom's dad passed away, and so we have had quite the commotion here. I personally have not had much time to even react to anything so I am just juggling between keeping the emotional ones calm and taking care of other arrangements.

On a summary - I do not think health is going to get in the way now? Looks like July should be a good and creative month for me as I have plenty of things that I have been writing when in bed. I am slowely publishing those to my DeviantArt account. I hope to finish a bunch of art to post for trading to this site soon as I have had them done just never photographed...rme.

I want to thank you guys for the support you guys give. This is what I really love about this website/community.. I am on other art sites but really none are as great as this place in acting like a big family. You guys are just awesome!!! I am glad I somehow managed to discover this place and the world of ATCs... I can't even remember now how I found this site? I am not sure what I was searching but doesn't matter as long as I am here among fellow creative people who love art and other humans equally. Thank you!!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those interested in some twinchie making please head on over here:

Twinchie-a-thon Discussion Thread

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear this...will keep you in my prayers.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending healing and bright vibes out everyone that needs it. *hug* There seems to be a bug going around everyone so I am going to suggest that you all stay on your toes. It seems as if the entire world is slowly heading towards sadness and pain so please please be careful everyone. Take extra precautions and please surround yourself only with positivity and positive people.

I picked a winner for the raffle, if you created something during this a-thon then you were entered into the raffle automatically. Random number generator has decided that Lorna is the winner of this raffle so congrats to you! Please shoot me a PM when you are free with your addy and three things that I Can work with (color, object, animal, item, etc).

Twinchie-a-thon discussion thread is up now so it would be really great if you guys can put in your thoughts there.
    I apologize if my thoughts seem scattered but I do feel as if my brain is not exactly working.
    Have a safe and creative weekend everyone...especially you Donna!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    All my finalized trades went out today.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Lorna - on your winning the raffle.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts - I have beaten this once and I will beat it again.
    The one thing that is REALLY annoying me is that it has taken 7 years for my hair to finally get back to its original length and now I am going to have to start again!

Now hosting: Halloween/ Autumn ATART running Oct 30-Nov 4 (thread coming shortly)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished three more sets... KESagers gets to pick which set gets mailed out from these three first.

Took about a whole day to get the flower sets done but that's because I used that technique of painting one giant picture then cutting it out. I painted it using markers then cut them into inchies. Later went in using a black pen to make the shapes stand out... first time I have not used paint at all... surprised at myself.
    I also got a pack of metallic sharpies so those have been getting used quite a lot.

I finished that inchie exploding box but now cannot figure out how to best take images of it... I might make a mini video and just share that instead.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Lorna - on your winning the raffle.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts - I have beaten this once and I will beat it again.
    The one thing that is REALLY annoying me is that it has taken 7 years for my hair to finally get back to its original length and now I am going to have to start again!
    Oooh I am sure you'll beat it again!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    All my trades are in the mail - thanks for a great Athon everyone!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who here makes inchie houses?
    I am wondering what is the best way to approach them: cut out the roof separatly and paint both parts then glue the roof down? OR paint the roof with the house as a whole piece and cut it out in a house shape (no glue involved)?

I just cut like 3 pages of twinchies yu guys... I think I might be loosing it...resulted in 30+ twinchies and roughly 20 inchies now sitting to be painted on.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always create the base and roof separately but that is just my preference. I don't think there is any right or wrong. For the roof I'll cut an inchie on the diagonal.

Here are the most recent house threads:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33706

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33799
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't forget to leave iTraders for those that you do trades with and continue making those inchies!

This thread is now closed!

Quote Originally Posted by KESagers View Post
    I always create the base and roof separately but that is just my preference. I don't think there is any right or wrong. For the roof I'll cut an inchie on the diagonal.

Here are the most recent house threads:

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33706

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33799
    Thank you for sharing those!