Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official June 27-June 30 4x6-ish Tip In Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Official June 27-June 30 4x6-ish Tip In Athon

Come play!

Create 4"x6" (or slightly smaller) tip ins for Urban sketchbooks, other 4"x6" sketchbooks or altered journals or albums. (I haven't seen any 4"x6" plastic sleeves with binder holes, but you could punch them yourself.) Tip ins should be on at least paper as thick as a sketchbook. (Like ATCs, you don't want them to "flop." You can also use card stock, backs from recycled cereal boxes, manilla file folders, chipboard.

Here's a great description of these tip ins, by nightowl_too: "Tip In" pages are separate pages of a specified size that you can then add (or "tip in") to a book of your own to create a little book of art. Here are round 3, round 2, and round 1 of the "Urban Sketch Book" size tip in page swaps art_junkie hosted. Basically they are pages sized 3 1/2-5/3 4 or 4x6 inches, that you can then add to a particular Urban Sketch Book. The size she chose was so that it would be a good fit for the particular book that she selected for the swaps. The idea is that it becomes similar to a moley except you trade pages only and then glue them into your own book. You of course do not have to glue them into that specific Urban Sketch Book by Sennelier. You could display them any way you want to. You could create your own hand bound book with these larger size pages of art.

All mediums welcome. Also, backgrounds or preliminary sketches can be done before the athon. Keep in mind that most tip in traders collect portrait (vertical) orientation. If your muse is in a landscape (horizontal) mood, that's fine as you clearly mark them.

We will have lots of people new to the size or new to athons or both, so please jump in! Ask for help if you need it!

Optional Themes

June 27: Journeys
    Black and White

June 28: Found Poetry
    Pink and Purple

June 29: Recycling
    Greens

June 30
    Elephants
    Blues

Keep in mind that because some people may paste your art in sketchbooks, it's handy to sign your art somewhere on the front, but that's up to you.

What is an a-thon?It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art, done over the same day and time in each time zone. It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: At 12:01 am on Tuesday, June 27, their time, our Pacific Rim artists start creating art, then upload their art to the A-Thon Gallery and post to the thread. You may begin then or wait. (Think of it like this: once it's 12:01 on the somewhere in the world, you can start.) Trading and chatting ensues. Continue through event time. If we need/want to, we'll add the weekend as well.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:From your atcsforall.com gallery:
    It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
    Internet Explorer
    1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
    2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
    Then follow steps 3 - 5

Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox
    1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
    2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
    Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
    4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
    5) Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.
    [IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From Chrome:

Follow Firefox directions, except when you right click on the image in gallery, you'll see a "copy image address" choice. Follow steps 3-5.

From your computer:
    1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
    2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.
    Last edited by CynthiaSillitoe; 06-26-2017 at 01:51 PM.
    Looking for great postage stamps for art? Check out my Etsy shop!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! I'm so excited!
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will try to play.

Mouseit is offline Valuing the Past - Creating the future!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I don't make 4" X 6" art!!!..will come and have a look though....
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, folks, I kind of dropped the ball on this.

First, it's an athon and not a swap. I didn't realize I'd done the title wrong. Second, I mistakenly put that Kynara hosted a swap with these. I've removed that. Third, I didn't realize this was all week days and I know that won't work for everyone. Fourth, due to plumbing issues (of my house, not me) I didn't get a chance to really prepare for this.

If you feel like playing and have time, come play! I'll get to my studio by this evening. I don't want to extend the time past the 30th as we have a challenge hunt athon starting on the 30th.

If these days won't work for you, I understand. KESagers will be hosting another of these at the end of July.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a little bit prepped but I'm not as organized as I hoped - story of my life!

I'm so sorry you are dealing with plumbing issues. I hope it doesn't turn into a big deal - I know it's never easy to deal with this sort of thing in the first place. Hang in there!
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KESagers View Post
    I have a little bit prepped but I'm not as organized as I hoped - story of my life!

I'm so sorry you are dealing with plumbing issues. I hope it doesn't turn into a big deal - I know it's never easy to deal with this sort of thing in the first place. Hang in there!
    My life, too! Or as I tell a childhood friend, "Why were we so eager to be adults?"

The plumbing issue is fixed. It was small, but required every towel in the house, which meant extra laundry. And, even though I was kind of amazed how many towels I owned, I'm thinking about buying a few more. I thought I was going to need to use blankets, too.

I did get studio time and have a couple of pieces to scan later. Right now the is reminding me that it's time for dinner and baseball.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant play today but maybe later in the week. ill be checking out all the eye candy!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are beautiful Cynthia!

I have a few things started but nothing finished yet. I have been cleaning up after a sick cat all day and since she is our oldest kitty I'm more than a little concerned. I should have more time tomorrow.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are beautiful Cynthia!

I have a few things started but nothing finished yet. I have been cleaning up after a sick cat all day and since she is our oldest kitty I'm more than a little concerned. I should have more time tomorrow.
    Oh, no! I hope she feels better. It's so hard to have them sick.

I don't have time to scan these tonight, but I'll do it tomorrow.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by CynthiaSillitoe; 06-28-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love it!

Thanks. She seems to be holding steady today but her age is working against her. I just want to her to be comfortable even if she is becoming more and more confused.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My plan is to make a tip-in for each season. Here is Winter:

Winter

My original digital background embellished with die-cuts and watercolor stamped image.

The size is 3.5 X 5.5 inches

photo matte card stock - not as thick as my ATCs - good weight for adding to a journal
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    im hoping to get something made today. no time tomorrow. we are going to look at wedding dresses with my daughter and then having a girls' night!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love it!

Thanks. She seems to be holding steady today but her age is working against her. I just want to her to be comfortable even if she is becoming more and more confused.
    Oh, tough times. I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by theweavershand View Post
    im hoping to get something made today. no time tomorrow. we are going to look at wedding dresses with my daughter and then having a girls' night!
    Fun!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my next tip-ins:

Spring

Summer - traded
    Last edited by KESagers; 06-30-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, those are beautiful!

I finished one and have another one almost done, so I hope to scan both of those tomorrow.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you!

My final season:

Autumn
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely!