HandDrawn/HandPainted Marie Antoinette due August 22nd

BexMadeMe

ATC Guru
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date -22nd August
Signup/withdraw date - none but please keep me informed.
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - Unlimited

I absolutely love looking at Marie Antoinette artwork, with her big hair and beautiful elaborate frilly dresses.
I would love to see more portraits of Marie Antoinette in your very own style. They can be whimsical or realistic, in any pose and can include any props you like. The only specification is that they must feature a hand drawn portrait of Marie Antoinette (minimum of a head and bust).

Card Rules-
1. All cards must be hand drawn or hand painted, embellishments/mixed media are allowed BUT the main character and the majority of the elements must be hand drawn (50-75% handdrawn). You could choose to add a collage background for example. Please do not add bulky embellishments as this adds to the postage cost.
2. Cards must be correctly sized with straight edges 2.5 x 3.5 inches, make sure that they are neither flimsy, or extra thick. Please check and measure your cards before sending, (it is harder to rectify these problems after I have received your cards).
3. Cards must be fully coloured (no white backgrounds)
4. Please include your username, real name and the swap name on the back of your cards along with any other info you wish to add.
5. Host cards are not required but will be treasured should you wish to include one.
6. Where possible I will exchange effort for effort and like for like cards to the best of my ability and dependant on cards received.

Postage info
1. The due date is 22nd August. Please be mindful that I am in the UK so allow plenty of time for posting to me. Any late cards will be returned to senders.
2. Please pm me when you are ready for my address to send your cards.
3. Please package your cards carefully to ensure they reach me undamaged, and send in individual plastic ATC sleeves. I will need a large return address label or piece of paper with your address on it, I will supply my own envelopes.
4. UK players please send either a first or second class stamp for return postage.
International players please send either $2 USA or contact me to pay via paypal.
I will no longer be sending back returns at my own expense for players who forget to pay, or do not send enough for their returns. If you have multiple returns and want them sending together please discuss with me in advance so I can advise you on the correct price. Thank you for understanding

Here is one example of a Marie Antoinette card I made for a different swap.
1_img6250.jpg

I will post my cards here as I make them-

1_img9240.jpg

So who wants to play?
Players List-
red= received
0. BexMadeMe
1. nanvan
2. CiCiCreates
3. RhonaPaints- withdrawn
4. blackdog
5. NatashaMay
6. zilliah
7. Evalilah
8. Rina
9. lazyshadows
10. IamWhatonearth
11. crafty
12. zandradee
13. Eggmontekey-withdrawn
14. Trilov
15. Bluesky

Last edited:
I have read many of her biographies, and created art doll portraits of her. I simply must sign up....

I"ll be in the lurker's lounge, while I see if I can get something sketched...

Here's my first Marie, done with black ink, coloured pencils and metallic silver gel pen (which doesn't really show in the scan), with decorative paper backing. The colour also appears lighter in the scan than in real life...

Last edited:
I love that one, Nanvan! One of her most popular portraits. I can't wait to get the time to sort through my books looking for pretty and interesting portraits!

Me too! I sure hope more players start to sign up! Judging from past swaps, this is always a popular theme...

Me too! I sure hope more players start to sign up! Judging from past swaps, this is always a popular theme...
I'm sure more people will sign up - the due date is a long ways off, still tons of time for more to join in...I have at least 3 other swaps that are due before this one, but I just couldn't wait to get started!

I am probably coming back but I won't know for sure till mid to late July. I try not to sign up before I have time to get started on cards now because I'm way too likely to drop when I do that.

Back
Top Bottom