HandDrawn/HandPainted Marie Antoinette due August 22nd

I mailed my cards today. :)
1_atc_1084-1087.jpg

Those are wonderful, NatashaMay! Love those pastel tones and the delicate look.

Finished my cards, so I'd like to join! For the third one I decided to do something a bit different and drew Marie Antoinette after she was imprisoned in the tower by the revolutionaries.

2_Marie_Antionette_-_After_Le_Brun.jpg
2_Marie_Antionette_-_Belle_Poule.jpg
2_Marie_Antionette_-_Prisoner_in_the_Tower.jpg

Btw, if anyone is interested in biographies of Marie Antoinette, I read Queen of Fashion by Caroline Weber recently, and it is excellent.
I can not come back to this posting any more...lol..so many wonderful drawings..i am sad i am missing out.....uuggggg
Well i am going to live in the land of our famous eat cake queen (france) to live. Currently taking a break from packing. So when i get there i will have to visit Versaille for everyone......giggle :yes:

These are really sweet natashamay.

I find it interesting that in most of her potraits she has grey hair and looks quite old and yet she died at only 38. She had a very priviledged life, so what must an ordinary woman have looked like? Well worn springs to mind.

According to some biographies I have read, her hair was really a strawberry blonde color. The white and greyish tones come from the practice of powdering wigs or real hair at that time.

I love to play.

Here are my cards. I assure you the bling(glitter) in the photos are nicer in person. My cards didn't photograph that well and my scanner is broke.

I will get these mailed off sometime this week.

Back
Top Bottom