Thread: Upcoming Twinchie-a-thon Discussion Thread

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Upcoming Twinchie-a-thon Discussion Thread

Hello, fellow art lovers!

So this is the discussion thread for the up-coming twinchie-a-thon. The reason I created this: I need to know which week works best for you guys while not overlapping with the other a-thons going on (I want to participate in them too so ).

So if you all could do me a huge favor and just share your thoughts on the following questions, then I would shower you with appericiation (as best as I can manage through electronic waves).

CURRENT Date for the twinchie-a-thon: July 9th to July 15th, 2017

1. What week/days work best?
    2. Should it be 4 days or more? IF more than how many days?
    3. Do you have some challenges for us to work with?
    4. Do you have any prompts for us to work with?
    5. Do you have Pinterest boards that we all can look at? Or any other place where we can look at the twinchies being created across the globe?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea to post this thread!

1. Most of the time my schedule is flexible. I'll try to play, if I can, whenever you schedule a marathon.
    2. Long marathons are a ton of fun but it can be hard to keep the energy going depending on the circumstances. I've observed that 4 day marathons that have 2 week days and 2 weekend days seem to work pretty well. That way you catch people who work weekdays - they can play on the weekends and vise versa.
    3. I always love it when people share new techniques - it challenges me.
    4. Usually defer to others on this one but if a marathon is close to a holiday it's always fun to get art specific to that time of year. (Even if it's a holiday from a different culture.)
    5. My Pinterest name is Momma Sagers. I don't have any boards specific to twinchies but I have other art boards.

Looking forward to trading twinchies with everyone!
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not actually ever made a twinchie.
    But I like that you have more space for detail.
    Not sure if I can play, but will at least watch.
    Found this nice example on line.

Attachment 185206
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 & 2 - I am being greedy but I really liked having the Inchie Athon run over 7 days. It meant that I could dip in and out as the Muse struck me and get inspiration from those whose Muse was co-operating when mine wasn't.
    3 & 4 - unsure of the difference between challenge and prompt so here are my ideas. Remember that Twinchies are normally traded as 2 Twinchies =1 ATC.
    a) use a postage stamp - as part of a theme eg animals, bugs, fish, birds, flags, people, transport, etc; continuing the picture
    b) make a series using a particular theme - birds, fish, Nature, zentangles, etc
    c) use a particular colour combination - hot/cold, b/w, monochromatic, rainbow (whether a series of 6 each in a different colour or using ALL the colours on 1 Twinchie or including an actual rainbow)
    d) include parts that move - cogs, doors/windows, wheels, etc
    e) include a particular element - lace, acetate, glitter
    f) use 1 rubber stamp in as many ways as possible - as background, as feature, embossed, b/w, coloured, paper pieced, 3D (all or part), embossed on acetate then added over a background, . . .
    g) use 1 die cut in as many ways as possible (see f) above for ideas)
    h) include a spirelli sample by Anjen, see her Gallery for more examples
    i) Twinchie houses

I better stop here - these were all ideas I had after doing a Gallery search for 'Twinchie'.
    Last edited by Donnacr; 06-25-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    I have a new address from the end of June - ROBINA.
    Now hosting:

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by KESagers View Post
    Great idea to post this thread!

1. Most of the time my schedule is flexible. I'll try to play, if I can, whenever you schedule a marathon.
    2. Long marathons are a ton of fun but it can be hard to keep the energy going depending on the circumstances. I've observed that 4 day marathons that have 2 week days and 2 weekend days seem to work pretty well. That way you catch people who work weekdays - they can play on the weekends and vise versa.
    3. I always love it when people share new techniques - it challenges me.
    4. Usually defer to others on this one but if a marathon is close to a holiday it's always fun to get art specific to that time of year. (Even if it's a holiday from a different culture.)
    5. My Pinterest name is Momma Sagers. I don't have any boards specific to twinchies but I have other art boards.

Looking forward to trading twinchies with everyone!
    That is true... too long of an event can tire you out quickly. Looks like we have a vote on 4 days and another on 7 days...if we cna get a tie breaker then we might have a deal. Techniques are interesting things to add to marathons. I have been on YouTube and Pinterest to see if I can find some interesting things for us to try out. I'll check out your Pinterest boards!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaZarf View Post
    I have not actually ever made a twinchie.
    But I like that you have more space for detail.
    Not sure if I can play, but will at least watch.
    Found this nice example on line.

Attachment 185206
    Those are lovely examples! Thank you for sharing them! I hope you manage to at least make on twinchie during this a-thon that way you can say you have made one.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnacr View Post
    1 & 2 - I am being greedy but I really liked having the Inchie Athon run over 7 days. It meant that I could dip in and out as the Muse struck me and get inspiration from those whose Muse was co-operating when mine wasn't.
    3 & 4 - unsure of the difference between challenge and prompt so here are my ideas. Remember that Twinchies are normally traded as 2 Twinchies =1 ATC.
    a) use a postage stamp - as part of a theme eg animals, bugs, fish, birds, flags, people, transport, etc; continuing the picture
    b) make a series using a particular theme - birds, fish, Nature, zentangles, etc
    c) use a particular colour combination - hot/cold, b/w, monochromatic, rainbow (whether a series of 6 each in a different colour or using ALL the colours on 1 Twinchie or including an actual rainbow)
    d) include parts that move - cogs, doors/windows, wheels, etc
    e) include a particular element - lace, acetate, glitter
    f) use 1 rubber stamp in as many ways as possible - as background, as feature, embossed, b/w, coloured, paper pieced, 3D (all or part), embossed on acetate then added over a background, . . .
    g) use 1 die cut in as many ways as possible (see f) above for ideas)
    h) include a spirelli sample by Anjen, see her Gallery for more examples
    i) Twinchie houses

I better stop here - these were all ideas I had after doing a Gallery search for 'Twinchie'.
    Lol! I know how you feel... sometimes my muse was not working with me and even the prompts could not bring the muse over. I would say a prompt is more for your inspiration to give you something to work with so that you can at least make something...where as a challenge is more of a learning topic to get you out of your comfort zone. But both are similar still.
    I'll add your suggestions to the draft Thank you for sharing!
    Hmmm I am really interested in the twinchie houses as that is a swap idea that I have been looking forward to but no one seems to post. XD

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys mind if I took a break this month? I was thinking of having this at the start of August instead. Any body not okay with that?

The date I set up is:
    August 3rd to August 9th
    Last edited by ParadoxSketchbook; 06-28-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a problem for me. More time to prep!
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Is anyone aware of the things happening in the art world in July?

Art Fight

World Watercolor Month

I am going to be working on twinchies in July to get better at fitting a fullbody character with background onto a smaller canvas so I'll be joining both of these.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cancelled due to too many other things going on.
    Shall be hosted in the future unless someone else wants to host one right away. I do not plan on wokring on this twinchie-a-thon till sometimes in November or December.

Thank you everyone!