July PAT - celebrating the UK Due: Sept 9

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date - September 9
(Don't forget that I live in Australia - I normally allow 2 weeks for postage, but there were major problems with postage in my January PAT so I am asking you to allow 3 weeks). Aim to mail by August 19
Signup/withdraw - NONE, once signed up you're in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of cards - 1 for each person in your group, using THEIR chosen theme
Number of participants - 8 groups of 5 players

FINALLY, all cards have been mailed - October 2!

Many of you may have noticed that I was absent in May as my husband and I were on the trip of a lifetime - spending a month travelling through various parts of the UK. I thought that it would be interesting to use the various countries of the UK as our themes - colours of flags, national symbols, myths and legends, etc.

SCOTLAND
- 2 flags - blue, white (the saltire) and yellow, red (the royal flag)
- symbols - thistle, tartan, kilts, Loch Ness and Nessie, etc
WALES
- flag - red, white, green
- symbols - leek, daffodil, harp, dragon, etc
ENGLAND
- flag - red, white
- symbols - oak tree, rose, tea, St George and his dragon, etc
IRELAND
- flag - orange, white, green
- symbols - stag, harp, leprechauns, shamrock, etc (please note: a shamrock only has 3 leaves, 4 leaves is a lucky clover)
UNITED KINGDOM
- flag - red, white, blue
- symbols - crowned lion and unicorn, Queen, Palaces, etc

To play you must have:
*an established positive iTrader rating of +15
*no negatives within the last 6 months
*no neutrals for lack of cards/communication with the last 3 months
*NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don't ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to clear up whatever. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join.

Please, please, please do not over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through will receive a negative iTrader from me and could receive a negative iTrader from each member of your group.

General Information:
~This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign ups end when all spots are filled.
~You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group!
~This will be an on time swap. Cards are to be in my hands on or before Sept 9th. I know that life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as soon as possible so we can work it out.
~Pick a group, pick a theme
~Once you sign up you CAN'T withdraw as some artists start their cards immediately
~Make a card for each member of your group in their chosen theme; you will receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member.
~Make sure you send cards you are proud of.

Sending Your Cards:
~All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. If you don't, protect them in some other way when posting to me.

~Please include your username and group number on the outside of your mailing envelope.

~Please put your username, the group number and the recipient's username on each card you make.

~If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not necessary.

Mailing Information:
When you're ready to send, PM me for my address. When you are packing your cards:
*put each card in a plastic sleeve
*make sure that your username, the group number and the recipients' usernames are on the backs of all your cards
AUSTRALIAN folks:
Please enclose a self-addressed envelope and postage equal to what it cost you to mail your cards to me.

INTERNATIONAL folks:
Please enclose a LARGE address label/ your address clearly printed on a piece of paper/ a self addressed envelope. I'll pay the postage.
A dollar bill or Global Forever stamp is appreciated as I can use these in future swaps.

What about iTrader?
Like any other swap, I'll leave iTrader for players when their cards arrive. When you get your returns, you leave iTrader for me.

In addition, because this is a PAT, you leave iTrader for the other members of your group, too (NOT reps). That means that you'll get 5 iTraders. It also means that if a player joins and does not send cards, they will get 5 negative iTrader ratings. Playing in a PAT is a serious commitment - so think carefully before you join.

Pick-a-Theme examples
You can choose to:
- just nominate a colour combination eg Ireland's flag (and receive cards in any topic but made using orange, white and green) OR
- you can nominate a country's symbol (either from my list or one you have found) eg harp or animal (lion/unicorn/dragon/stag/Nessie) OR
- you can nominate a colour combination and the symbol eg Ireland's shamrock OR
- you can nominate a country eg Ireland (and accept cards made using the flag's colours or symbols or combinations of both).

I look forward to your imaginative suggestions.

GROUP 2 - STAMPS (rubber or postage) CLOSED
(easy samples would be a rose or daffodil (rubber or postage), or the chance to use some of those postage stamps with the Queen's head on it; slightly harder may be dragon or crown rubber stamps or using 'tea' as a theme)

1. CastleQueen5 - unicorns (printed postage stamp designs from the Internet are acceptable) returned
2. BluSkyHare - Scottish thistle (printed version acceptable) returned
3. donnacr - imaginative use of at least one stamp with Queen Elizabeth on it
4. -
5. -

GROUP 3 - HD/HP using COPICS or COLOURED PENCILS mailed 6 Sept
1. josiesuelupin - Irish Claddagh rings (the Claddagh's distinctive design features two hands clasping a heart, and usually surmounted by a crown). returned
2. angelmuz -banshee returned
3. LucyMc - Scottish or Irish myths and legends received
4. jo.on.the.go - Scottish archaeological sites (Orkney/Shetland Islands preferred) returned
5. londonont1 - the Kelpies (buildings in Glasgow) returned

GROUP 5 - APCs mailed 6 Sept
1. Beckster - vintage St Patrick's day (P2 - 5 Spades, P3 - 6 Spades, P4 7 Spades- , P5 -8 Spades ) received
2. Pikkis - travelling in the UK -modes of transport, tickets, etc (P1 - 4 Clubs, P3 - 7 Clubs, P4 - 8 Diamonds, P5 - 7 Diamonds) returned
3. mrubyjean - tea (P1 - any Jack, P2 - any Queen, P4 - any King, P5 - any Ace) returned
4. CastleQueen5 - tea (P1 - Q Hearts, P2 - Q Spades, P3 - Q Diamonds, P5 - Q Clubs) returned
5. smallgirl - postage stamp from UK/Ireland AND Scottish/Irish/Welsh/English proverb (if given in Gaelic or Erse please include a translation) (P1 - Q Spades, P2 - Q Clubs, P3 - 10 Hearts, P4 - 2 Hearts) returned

GROUP 7 - HD/HP using WATER COLOURS - either pencils or paint FULL
1. CCiCreates - Irish cottage with a rainbow 3 returned
2. angelmuz - Lady of the Lake 3 returned
3. ParadoxSketchbook - Irish mythology or Queen's Guard
4. ann stebbing - British archaeological artifacts (ideas offered in post #58) 3 returned
5. plumhill2001 - St George and his dragon (OR a castle) 3 returned +1

GROUP 8 - MIXED MEDIA (2 or more media -i.e. different kinds of paint, chalk, paper cutting, etc) FULL
1. LucyMc - men in kilts (bonus points if you use the McLaurin tartan) received
2. dithespy - London 3 returned
3. TSMarie - ancient Irish sites (pre-1500) 3 returned
4. ParadoxSketchbook - Irish mythology or Queen's Guard
5. ann stebbing - Scottish flag (draped, not flat) - blue/white Saltire 3 returned

Last edited:
ann stebbing - welcome to our comfortable lurkers couch. When I get home I will be adding some samples of what I am thinking of for this PAT.

Could group 5 be an APC-group, please... ? I might be interested and this theme would suit one of my decks perfectly + I love UK :)! Lucky you, I can only imagine how wonderful trip you´ve had!

I might be interested in an APC group as well! I wonder if it would be too difficult a theme if I asked for an APC with a postage stamp of a natural sight/national park in the UK. Generally in PATs the APC group themes are allowed to be quite difficult in my mind, but you may want to keep this more simple? I'm just asking since this theme is one that I've just started collecting.

I can totally think of joining one or two of the other groups, too, but I need to think about it overnight to choose which group/s I would be most inspired by joining. Anyway, a very fun theme for doing the PAT a bit differently. Your trip must have been gorgeous, Donna!

group three and group seven please. I guess I will say theme to be Lady of the lake from Arthurian legend, if that works. And a Banshee ( also from legend)... Do those work?

It looks like Group 5 is APCs through popular vote - I wasn't sure that there would have been enough themes for APCs but obviously there are.
I have not signed any of the suggestors up - please ask again, to confirm interest and your theme.

angelmuz - which theme do you want for which group? I was going to use Lady of the Lake for the watercolour group as I think the stronger colours from the Copics would suit your Banshee better - do you agree?

I have been a bit of a coward, waiting to see what people want before I dive in. So, big breath, Group 7 - English Archaeological artifacts. Group 6 - Scottish flag in the right colours (draped not flat please).
Do I HAVE to choose a specefic pattern? I don't mind but would like small, intricate and flowing lines.
If this is not along the right lines please let me know.

Thank you so much for putting up the APC-group and glad to notice that there are other players interested in making APCs too :)! So I´d like to have a spot in group 5, please and my theme is "Travelling in the UK". The suits and numbers I´d like to have are: P1-4 of clubs, P2 (that´s me, I think), P3-7 of clubs, P4-7 of diamonds and P5- 8 of diamonds.

I might be interested in an APC group as well! I wonder if it would be too difficult a theme if I asked for an APC with a postage stamp of a natural sight/national park in the UK. Generally in PATs the APC group themes are allowed to be quite difficult in my mind, but you may want to keep this more simple? I'm just asking since this theme is one that I've just started collecting.

I went to check out my stamps Amapola as I find your theme very interesting and challenging. I happen to have a stamp with Tarr Steps, a prehistoric stone bridge situated in a national park in the UK :), so would that be something you are looking for? You can find more information about the sight here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarr_Steps

So I hope you will join the APC-group, please...

May I sign up for Group 4 and 7 please? If I get these done in advance and there is room then I'll pop in the fabric one.
My themes are:
Irish Mythology or Queen's Guards for both groups.

Last edited:
LucyMc - do you want to offer BOTH sets of legends for Group 3 or do you want to offer one set for Group 3 and the other for Group 7?
ann stebbing - I am assuming that you want the blue and white diagonal cross flag of Scotland (the Saltire), not the yellow and red royal flag? I like the specification to be draped - should have some lovely results.
Pikkis - I have saved some of my tickets for places - would you be looking at those on your APCs or do you specifically want 'sights'?

ParadoxSketchbook - please choose your groups carefully as site rules state that you can only join 2 groups in total.
This PAT is 'Celebrating the UK' so your themes need to be related to the UK, England, Scotland, Ireland or Wales ONLY.
I have held a place for you in Groups 4 and 7. However, I would be very interested to see what you came up with for Group 1 as I love your creations.

Back
Top Bottom