July PAT - celebrating the UK Due: Sept 9

Donnacr, I was thinking of adding an OR to my post in case my theme was too difficult? St. George and his dragon OR a castle. But I'll leave it to you whether that is a good idea. I tried to change it last night but my computer was refusing to cooperate. :)

Sorry for being MIA for the last couple of days but the pace was fast and furious over in sniisk's Challenge Hunt. I completed the most Challenges but still didn't manage the full 100 points - one of these days. . .

angelmuz - you are now listed
LucyMc - when I googled McLaurin tartan there seems to be 2 versions - black and green with thin yellow and red stripes and that colour combination but with blue added. Which of these combinations do you want people to make for their bonus points? :)
mrubyjean - welcome to Group 5
Beckster - for some reason I can't read the suits you want - I just see a square. Can you use letters rather than symbols please? Thanks
Pikkis - no problem with the number change. Is it all right if I expand your theme eg 'modes of travel, tickets, etc?
CastleQueen5 - welcome to Group 5. You have the same theme as mrubyjean and are now person 4. Welcome to Group 2 - love that theme.
smallgirl - welcome to Group 5 and it is FULL! I had fun googling for your proverbs - LOTS of options!
Paradoxsketchbook - great themes and welcome to Groups 4 and 7

Thanks Donnacr for making the change :)! And you can expand my theme, thank you!

jo.on.the.go - welcome to Group 3. I wasn't sure about how specific your theme was but when I googled images for 'Orkney archaeology' and 'Shetland archaeology' LOTS of choices came up.

Group 3 participants - would you mind if the coloured pencils used were watercolour?

plumhill2001 - you can't change any of those details, only the person who made them has that option. I will add the 'OR' and put it in brackets - to make St George the obvious first choice. ;)

Beckster - thanks for your choices, will add them now

londonont1 - can you give me a link to your buildings? When I google either 'the Kelpies Scotland' or 'the Kelpies Glasgow' I only get the metal horses built to resemble the kelpie horses of legend. Are these what you meant?
We actually saw them while we were on our trip and they are HUGE!

I am a tad bit worried that my unicorn theme has scarred folks off. I am in the stamp group postage or rubber stamp.

I then had fun googlind postage stamps with unicorns. I liked this one.
0f960fb193d07d0adfbf0ef0e0e34581--uk-stamps-postage-stamps.jpg

That is one gorgeous stamp! CastleQueen5 - would you be happy with postage stamp designs found on the Internet rather than actual postage stamps?
I was planning to use your theme as an excuse to buy a unicorn stamp that I have my eye on :D

This set and other sets like it are on clearance, in my area, anyway, for 70% off so they were $3.89. I paid way more than that a while back but I did buy other sets in the same line. I mean it was $3.89, or course I bought them!!!
il_570xN.1130486872_tlem.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I think if folks need to print off unicorn postage stamps it will be perfect.

I had picked Unicorns because it is a theme coming up soon, for the live swap in town. Not live unicorns, live artist trading unicorn cards.

Anyway that is why I bough the unicorn set. My cards are not done yet.

How I wish that we had Michael's or Hobby Lobby, etc in Australia - it is becoming harder and harder to find ANY store to sell these things and there are NEVER discounts like that.

But you are right. . . 'you can never regret buying a unicorn stamp' (even better when it comes with a matching die :D :yes:)

Thanks for putting me in Group 3.
There shouldn't be a problem finding information about Orkney and Shetland archaeology. I was on an almost-two-week tour of the islands looking at the archaeology: everything there from stone circles, single standing stones, viking cemeteries, Pictish stuff, broch fortresses and whole villages.
But one thing I will never forget - I don't remember which island. There was an airport where the runway crossed the road which went from one end of the island to the other. There was a stop sign on the road, with a warning to check the sky for landing airplanes before crossing the road!

But one thing I will never forget - I don't remember which island. There was an airport where the runway crossed the road which went from one end of the island to the other. There was a stop sign on the road, with a warning to check the sky for landing airplanes before crossing the road!

I LOVE that!! :D

plumhill2001 - you can't change any of those details, only the person who made them has that option. I will add the 'OR' and put it in brackets - to make St George the obvious first choice. ;)

I'm sorry I was so confusing in how I asked you to do this. What you did was exactly what I meant. I didn't realize it could be read more than one way, lol! :wub: I just thought if someone found St. George too hard to draw they could just draw me a castle, but the wording got mixed up somehow. :)

Last edited:
NOTES FOR GROUP 7: Following a question from CiCi I thought I would expand on my archaeologic artefacts from the UK. Just bullet points but they may help. Even a lot of British folk often don't know a lot about the subject.

Sites: Sutton Hoo, Scara Brae, Verulamium, Avebury Henge, Grimes graves, Fishbourne, hill forts.
Museum sites, search British archaeological artifacts.
Books, ie Book of Kells, search medieval manuscripts (images), choose just a letter or small illustration.
Pottery, coins, jewellery, weaponry, burial beakers and other grave objects, churches and cathedrals are full of old relics (and I don't mean the congregation ;). I won't go on, but I could. Hope this helps.

ann stebbing - your cards for Group 7 are gorgeous. I really like my grumpy queen :yes: but I think my favourite has to be St George and his dragon.
I have included a reference back to the above post for the others in Group 7.

HELP!! I have issued personal invitations to 11 fabric/fibre artists but have only heard back from 1 (with a negative). I am happy to change Group 1 to another style if people would like to make suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom