Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July 20-23 4"x6"ish Sketchbook Tip Ins ALL Mediums Athon

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smallgirl View Post
    Thank you for inviting me! If tip-ins are 4" x 6", that is the same as a photograph, so we could fit them in a photo album if we don't have an urban sketchbook, right?
    This is correct! As far as I know tip-ins max out at 4x6 for the sake of this marathon and are not larger. As I just mentioned in my previous post some of mine are a half inch smaller to give a small border but that would only mean that they would still fit in a 4x6 photo album - just float a little. If someone trades me for one of my smaller tip-ins but wishes me to mount it on a 4x6 back I can do that - just let me know.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CastleQueen and Smallgirl your wish list has been added to the first post.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent and globe stamp - please pm me.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ann Stebbing and Nanvan - so glad you are going to give it a try!
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are these hand drawn tip-ins or is collage included in the "all mediums"?

I have an urban sketchbook, but I never pasted in it. I posted most of my tip-ins on a display board, and the rest I put in a small album.

~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I answered my own question by reading the thread. I had skipped a few posts. DUH
    Attachment 186041
    This is my board. Looks like I need a bigger one.
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love your board, JavaZarf!
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks
    three of the tip-ins are mine
    i try to keep enthused
    i have several places i display cards and other stuff i have either made or traded for.
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the hand. Could make them and mount it on a 4x6 board. Could that be used as a Tip-in.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The hand is from one of Nanner's hand swaps. Hand trades vary in size, depending on the artist. That gorgeous cow hand card was made by RoseCake. The board is magnetic so I can attach it and not damage the paper.
    ~shirley~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for hosting!
    Looking for great postage stamps for art? Check out my Etsy shop!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can I play? I have never done a tip-in but it seems really fun! I have some free time and need to keep busy so this would be perfect!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope I can play some...clumsy broke her wrist...so I only have one hand today. Hope to get more functionality by the Athon.
    I will tune in to oooh and aaah at all you create!
    Found 4X6 sleeves just like penny sleeves by UltraPro online. Great for mailing trades.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm hoping to give it a try; haven't done a tip-in in years. But we're also remodeling the house and fixing it up and packing it up in order to sell and move to Ashland, OR, (hopefully going on the market in early August). But I do want to play!!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all! I was out of state visiting family and friends so I didn't get to check in yesterday. It was a busy day but really great to see everyone. I'm back now and getting caught up on everything.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaZarf View Post
    I answered my own question by reading the thread. I had skipped a few posts. DUH
    Attachment 186041
    This is my board. Looks like I need a bigger one.
    This is really incredible! Thanks so much for sharing - a great idea for displaying larger art. I like it!
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dsign49 View Post
    I love the hand. Could make them and mount it on a 4x6 board. Could that be used as a Tip-in.
    Cool idea! I think as long as the hand would fit on 4x6 background you could choose to mount it or just let the trader mount it - in or on - whatever display they are using. Now I'm thinking it might be fun to do shape tip-ins. Probably a diversion from the norm but I'm going to list it in the first post.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cynthia - so glad to see you!

Megan - YES please play. I'll PM to be sure you know everyone is welcome!

Ouch Lorna! That sound painful and frustrating. We will be keeping you in our thoughts and please do lurk and participate in the conversation. Maybe some one-handed art could be your technique this time and whatever happens we celebrate and enjoy your creative process. (I know non-dominant handed art is already a "thing.")

Ancient Planter - I have all of that some time in my future - distant future - but I'm already mentally preparing myself for all the remodel/repair we will have to do. I hope when you list it sells fast. So glad you are going to try to play.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I would post a reminder that we can prep ahead of time. I think since this is larger format art it should be OK to do as much prep as possible ahead of time: sketching, backgrounds, fussy cutting. It seems that as long as we are adding the final addition of color/highlights or the final parts of collage during the marathon we should feel free to do all that other prep ahead of time - if your schedule permits it. This is larger format art and I know that effects drying time for a lot of types of art and so feel free to cut yourself a little slack on this particular marathon. Also we can all start Thursday the 20th as soon as it turns to that date somewhere in the world.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to try to participate-sounds really interesting
    Love trading and collecting ATC's

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! So glad you can join us Karch!
    My APC add