Trash to Treasure (T2T) Mystery Envelope Challenge DUE September 9

jfaskdown

We are all artists at heart.
Media
Swap Due Date - September 9
Number of Cards - 4:4
Number of participants - 12 to 18
Mainly mixed media and collage. Other art mediums welcomed.

Trash to Treasure Mystery Envelope challenge #2

ABOUT THE SWAP AND THE MYSTERY ENVELOPE

This swap is not for the faint of heart or anyone on the fence. You need to be in or out. This is a challenge and you'll think outside of the box with the items you receive. Players need to be committed to complete the swap without knowing what is inside the envelope.

Overall this is a collage mixed media swap. You can draw, doodle, paint and zentangle but the idea is to use the items you receive on your cards which usually requires collage techniques.

You need to PM your mailing address to me when signing up so I can address and mail an envelope to you.

The envelopes have similar items plus random pages from the same book(s). In addition each envelope will have non-similar playing cards (leftover stash) to use as backgrounds.

Players also need to be able to post photos of the cards so other players can see the variety of cards made from the same items.

Please note that the swap participant count is limited due to the amount of T2T items I have on hand. If you need to withdraw for some reason BEFORE I mail out the mystery envelopes, I can offer your spot to a waitlist. If you need to withdraw AFTER I've mailed your mystery envelope, I won't be able to offer that spot to another player.

ABOUT THE CARDS

*Each card must be ATC size, 2.5" x 3.5" inches and on a sturdy base

*Collage and Mixed Media, Hand drawn/painted, zentangles, digital, photography.

*This swap is open-media, you may receive cards that are a different medium than what you have sent.

* We all have different skills so please send work you are proud of. Think layers whenever possible.

*Stickers are allowed as a small embellishment only. Please don’t make it your main focus.

*All cards must be original works not reprints.

*All cards need to be labeled with your real name and your AFA username so others can leave you thanks via You Rocks.

Cards need to have a sturdy backing and that is why I'll send playing cards to use as backgrounds or substrates. You do NOT need to expose the card number but can if you like.

Cards need to measure 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches. You are welcome to make house-shaped or doll-shaped cards but they need to be within the standard card size. Cards may not have items that extend beyond the side or top/bottom margins. I can't swap cards that are too big or too small. I will have to return them to you.

REQUIREMENTS
There are 2 requirements per card. Each card must use:
- One of the playing cards I enclosed as background or substrate.
- At least one trash to treasure (T2T) mystery item. You will get 10 items.

How to use the items? You can rip, paint, stamp, modify. But you must use them somehow. Have fun and think outside the box!

You are allowed and even expected to add more of your own stuff to your cards. Layer them up without getting too chunky.

Please post photos of the cards so other players can see the variety of cards made from the same items. It is often inspiring to see other artists ideas. There is one marked challenge item in the envelope which we can vote on best usage for a prize from the swap host.

A host card is NOT required, but will be cherished if included.

ABOUT MAILING
Please send each card in a protective plastic sleeve either individually or use the 3 side by side baseball sleeve from the envelope that you receive from me. Either way is fine but using the baseball sleeve will allow me to re-use them to send off the final swaps.

Mailing info USA player:
I will provide return envelopes. Please provide a large address label and return postage. I suggest that you send 70 cents postage. An extra stamp would also be nice (for initially sending the mystery envelope, but not required). Please add an extra 21 cents in postage for each card that is chunky. Chunky is brads, gems, eyelets, metal items, thick items.

Mailing info International player:
(Updated) It costs $2.30 US for postage both ways. I'll provide outbound postage using a US global postage stamp ($1.15). Please provide return postage when sending back, either $1 US or a global stamp that I can use for future international mail. I will provide the envelopes, you provide the large address label. PM me if you want to pay this way.

ABOUT RETURNS
* When you receive your returns, please post in the swap thread that your cards arrived. Then please leave iTrader for me and rep points (You Rocks) for the artists. It is always nice to tell the player which card you received too.

Last edited:
PLAYER LIST HERE:

0. jfaskdown
1. prex79
2. JavaZarf
-. nanvan - withdrew
3. CastleQueen5
4. Evalila
5. Ancient Planter
6. BekaH
7. Mushu
8. mynameisJenn
9. mrubyjean
10. qkenzie
11. waffle
12. ohhappyday
13. notinkansas
14. angelmuz
15. redwheelbarrow - withdrew
16. TrailRider
17. alrice46
18. Cindylou

In case of any openings, Waitlist:
Collagaint Ashley
ThouArtDelyrias
NancyL
Jennifer

RED = T2T Envelope has been mailed to player
BLUE = ATCs have been received by host

Last edited:
Glad to have you playing this round, JavaZarf, nanvan and CastleQueen5!

Woohoo! :wubclub:

Fabulous, welcome new T2T players Evalila, Ancient Planter and BekaH! Ooh this is going to be a lot of fun. :)

Wow - filling up faster than an ice bucket on a July picnic table! LOL, happy Sunday everyone!

Back
Top Bottom