ATC ADDICT
Staff member
Welcome Committee
Date Due: October 6, 2017
Number of cards: 3:3
Medium: HD/HP
Withdrawal date: None, just let me know
# of Participants: Unlimited

This is a continuation of the Zentangle series I have been hosting. It's pretty simple, make the background of the card in the colors and style of your countries flag. Make it like a watermark, ie light shades. If your countries flag has a detailed item on it, like a dragon or a coat of arms, just use the color of the item and make a blob in the shape of the dragon or coat of arms, you don't need to be detailed, it's just supposed to be a light watermark background. For instance, here in the USA we have a blue section with 50 white stars, I just made the blue section with no stars.
After you get the background done zentangle all over the card. The only colors allowed are the flag colors. Zentangle in black ink and cover as much of the cards as you can. No shading allowed, I want to see the colors of your flag shining through.

For USA players you can make the background flag your state flag if you would like, that way it spices things up a bit!

That's it! Simple!

DO NOT SEND ANY TYPE OF ENVELOPE. I WILL PROVIDE ALL RETURN ENVELOPES!!!

International Players, I will provide return postage. Send your cards in individual sleeves along with a large return self addressed address label

US Players, send along with your cards one forever stamp and a large return self addressed address label.

Please do not send those three in one sleeve things, they just jack up the postal rates, individual plastic sleeves are the best way to send in your cards.

A hostie card is not required, however, if you send one it will be placed in my very special hostie card book and treasured forever!

*Please make sure all envelopes have your ATC name and swap name on the back. *Please make sure the backs of all your cards have your ATC name, real name, location (ie Country or State) and swap name on the back.
*Make sure all your cards are the proper size of 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches
*Please do your best work and make cards you wouldn't mind receiving yourself.

****MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN ZENTANGLING!!!****

WHO WANTS TO PLAY?????

1. BLANCOLOBO RECEIVED
2. ThouArtDelyrias RECEIVED
3. Londonont1 RECEIVEDreceived returns
4. Annie RECEIVED
5. Mel-made WITHDREW
6. Grebricar RECEIVED
7. Magnifica RECEIVED
8. Bibliobibuli RECEIVED
9. RavenInked RECEIVED Rec'd Returns
10. Ann_stebbing RECEIVED rec'd returns
11. Bernie712 RECEIVED rec'd returns
12. Alrice46 RECEIVED received returns
13. Phoenix RECEIVED
14. Taniahodges2 RECEIVED
15. Rosa RECEIVED rec'd returns
15. Nadiabekker RECEIVEDrec'd returns
16. Sillylily41 RECEIVED Rec'd Returns
17. Strivaria RECEIVED rec'd returns

Lurkers Ultra Comfy Couch
1. Rinny
2. Catladybj

Last edited:
so today I drew my flags. Doing the American flag of course, Arizona State Flag and the University of Arizona flag...variety...now to fill them in! the fun part

• Staff
Wahoo!!! I have the first players!!!
Welcome to the latest edition of Plain Zentangles: ThouArtDelyrias, Londonont1 and Annie!!!

So sorry for the delay in posting this swap I am going to be gone for two weeks in September and had to wait for the time limit to go into October. But it's here and we are on to have some more zentangling fun.

• Staff
Welcome to the Plain Zentangle swap Mel-made, sorry you missed the other ones, we have a lot of fun in this series and you will see awesome cards posted, everyone sends fantastic cards every swap! Glad you could join us and I can't wait to see what you make for us!

Londonont1 I will keep my eyes open for your cards! Donnacr, I will try to get an example up tonight, I am at work right now so I have to wait until I get home.

Grebricar and Magnifica WELCOME to both of you, so glad to have you!!!!

Welcome to the Plain Zentangles For The Love of Country swap Bibliobibuli and RavenInked, so glad you could join us.

Donnacr I am so sorry I have not gotten a chance to post the example of the background, I have been sooooo sick since Friday I will try ASAP

Here you go Donnacr, again I am sorry this took so long, today is the first day since Friday night that I made it out of bed. Once the flag background is done you zentangle all over the card. Hope that helps!

ThouArtDelyrias I always knew you were backwards!!!! LOL

Ann_stebbing glad you could join us for this one too!

Rosa, I hope you can find the time to play!

Just a reminder, it's really not hard, make a light colored country flag on the paper and then zentangle in black in over it. The flag will magically become a really cool watermark behind the zentangling.

I'm doing a real serious lurk here until I get a complete set, but I did get one done. Is this along the lines you're looking for? It's the Hawaiian state flag with a kind of Tapa print vibe to the tangles - I was born in Honolulu, so figured I'd start there. :)

Last edited:
That is exactly it Strivaria, you nailed it and I love your card!

Welcome to the Plain Zentangle series bernie712! Glad you could play with us!

Couldn't agree more alrice46! Welcome aboard our Zentangle swap!

Back
Top Bottom