Thread: URGENT! Looking for...and quick!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation URGENT! Looking for...and quick!

The boring stuff:
    I got picked to create the opening images for some activities for a really awesome ARPG group on DeviantArt... let's just say for a traditional artist it is a big deal as I'll be the only one doing traditional creations while everyone else does digital.

Quick Summary:

I am going to be making shaker ATCs for which I NEED certain materials of...
    If you can help then please comment here or send me a PM.

What I am trying to make (so you know what you can offer in exchange...perhaps I miss something but you think I can use?)
    These are going to be basically ATCs (maybe some postcards) of western Wyvern dragons doing "activities"... such as: hunting (mostly animals), fishing (all forms of marine life), gathering (herbs, plants, etc) and exploring in caves.
    All of the cards need to have the dragon clearly shown (minimum 80% of his body) with a background that matches the activity.... and the activity itself should be clearly depicted.
    Example (my first ATC that I actually need to make):
    The dragon is under water doing a fishing activity. I want to paint the background and the dragon in watercolors... then use the liquid shaker card technique to add a lightly colored water to the card... with some "fishes" added in.

What I am Looking For:
    ***Please note that these are going to be mainly used on ATCs... and the main focus is going to be the dragon (or other mythical creatures). These should not be large unless they are decorative things like seaweed to to be used on the corner... etc.

~ACETATE
    ~FOAM TAPE (double sided and sticky)
    ~ATC sized Acetate and other useful materials that can be used for making shaker ATCs.
    ~EMBELLISHMENTS

• fishes (as many different ones as possible)
    • marine life
    • anything living found under the sea such as starfishes, sharks, octopus, Portuguese man-o-war, etc)
    • sea weed and other Plantae
    • shells, pearls (pretty and luxury type stuff usually found with mermaids)
    • animals (all kind from the smallest to the biggest... from ants to elephants to whales...)
    • insects, a lot of them...bugs
    • herbs, plants found on mountain ranges, dry land, and tropical areas.. but really any type of plants (even mythical/fantasy)
    • gems, crystals, gold coins, gold like things, treasure (think pirates and treasures)
    • trees (especially those that offer more than just the spring/summer season look)
    • pumpkins
    • Orbs
    • rocks, pebbles, and the like (not real ones only the three listed at the top)

~STICKERS
    • marine life
    • anything living found under the sea such as starfishes, sharks, octopus, Portuguese man-o-war, etc)
    • animals (all kind from the smallest to the biggest... from ants to elephants to whales...)
    • herbs, plants found on mountain ranges, dry land, and tropical areas.. but really any type of plants (even mythical/fantasy)
    • gems, crystals, gold coins, gold like things, treasure (think pirates and treasures)
    • trees (especially those that offer more than just the spring/summer season look)
    • pumpkins
    • Orbs

~SHAKER FILLERS (beads, flat backs, etc...the fun stuff that goes inside the shaker cards)
    • marine life
    • pumpkins
    • Orbs

What I can offer:
    • custom ATCs (hand drawn/hand painted, or mixed media)
    • custom inchies, twinchies, chunkies, and postcards (all hand drawn/hand painted or mixed media)
    • ATC, inchies, twinchies, postcards, and chunky blanks of: cold pressed watercolor (same material I use for commissions so yes it is good quality and sturdy)
    • scrapbook paper
    • washi tapes
    • old/antique looking book pages

Think you can help?
    Please comment here and I'll get in touch with you or go ahead and just directly PM me. Any and everything here can be really helpful to me as this is going to be an on-going project.
    The reason I say this is... even when I finish this, I plan to use this shaker card method to make activity images for my other characters as well so this thread is always open... unless I actually post that it is closed.

***Please be patient for all hand drawn and hand painted cards. Mixed media can be done a lot quicker as I have access to those materials for more hours than I have access to my paint and pens.

Thank you art community~
    Last edited by ParadoxSketchbook; 07-28-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This may not be helpful but a great place to find themed brads is Eyelet Outlet. They have all kinds of the things that you may be looking for especially like the fish, plants, bugs, critters, etc. I am not real sure what size you are looking for, though. You might want to check them out.... I don't know what the exact website is or I'd give it to you but if you look them up under Eyelet Outlet I think it will pull it up easily.....
    Now Hosting BRAINS.... BRAINS.... due date 11/22

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ferretgirl View Post
    This may not be helpful but a great place to find themed brads is Eyelet Outlet. They have all kinds of the things that you may be looking for especially like the fish, plants, bugs, critters, etc. I am not real sure what size you are looking for, though. You might want to check them out.... I don't know what the exact website is or I'd give it to you but if you look them up under Eyelet Outlet I think it will pull it up easily.....
    Hmmm I'll check them out. Thanks for sharing FG! And yes I looked and it is: http://www.eyeletoutlet.com/

I would rather get them from users from this site as I know the materials have been tested and used... plus artists here know what I am attempting to make and thus would offer me the correct materials. I'll go to Eyelet Outlet though as a last resort.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can definitely share some miniature aquatic goodies as I recently completed miniature aquariums for another hobby...

I have shells
    And other tiny treasures. Got my little marine animals from the new "blind bag" packs available from Breyer (model horse stuff). They are well suited colorful rubbery critters!

Will pm you - congrats on your opportunity - honor for traditional artist!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmoon View Post
    I can definitely share some miniature aquatic goodies as I recently completed miniature aquariums for another hobby...

I have shells
    And other tiny treasures. Got my little marine animals from the new "blind bag" packs available from Breyer (model horse stuff). They are well suited colorful rubbery critters!

Will pm you - congrats on your opportunity - honor for traditional artist!
    Sounds like a plan! Looking forward to discussing the trade with you.
    And yes definetly an honor for traditional art!