August Pick-A-Theme, due October 20

xstitcher

Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough alrea
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Date – October 20
Sign up/withdraw – None, once signed up with a theme you’re in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of Cards - 4 cards for a full group
Number of participants -8 groups of 5 players

Welcome to the August Pick-A-Theme

To Play you must have:
~ an established positive iTrader rating of +15
~ no negatives within the last 6 months
~ no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months
~ NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don’t ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to answer them. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through could receive 5 negative iTraders.

General Information:

~ This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign-ups will end when all spots are filled.
~ Pick a group, pick a theme
~ You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group
~ Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme
~ Receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member of your group
~ Send cards you are proud of
~ To cut down on possible mail machine malfunctions, NO Bulky embellishments (If you think it is to bulky don't use it)
~ Once you sign up with a theme you can’t withdraw, as some artist start their cards immediately
~ CARDS are to be in my hands on/before October 20 . I know life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as soon as possible so we can work it out.

In almost every PAT there have been due date problems so.......... I strongly suggest not waiting until the last week or two before the due date to mail cards in case life or the postal system causes problems. Neither situation is fun for me or you so consider getting them made and mailed to me ASAP

Pick-A-Theme Examples

~ Regular – Generic themes where is it easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. or less generic themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage images. Examples of regular themes include: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc. (Real people or characters in books or movies are not regular themes!)

~ Challenging –Themes that usually require research and reference. Examples are real people, characters from books or movies or perhaps obscure themes such as “Dogs in Victorian England.” They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a difficult poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort. If you have internet references please include the best one of them so I can post it for your fellow group members

Card information:

~ All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. (If you don’t protect them some way and I will provide them. I don’t want that to stop anyone from playing.)

~ Please put your username, the group number and the recipient’s username on each card you make.

~ If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not required.

~ A Hostess card is not required but always appreciated!

**** I appreciate those of you who want to share your materials, but my talents are limited to cross stitching so what I receive for any other purpose I share with others. I don’t mind passing it on I just want you all to know I do.

Mailing Information:

USA folks -----

Please enclose a self-addressed envelope and postage. As for postage I think since there are at least 4 cards it is a good idea to put .70 on the envelope, either a forever stamp and .21 or .70 in stamps. If you want to do it for a forever stamp or .49 you can though, your choice! If you are in 2 groups you really need .70!

INTERNATIONAL folks ----

Please enclose an address label or address printed clearly on a piece of paper. I will supply envelopes to save you a little bit of postage! A dollar bill or US stamps are appreciated, but if you don’t have either please don’t let that stop you from joining the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the lists!
Your name matches the heading when I have your cards!
Your name goes bold when I know you have your returns!

Group 1 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Regular Themes
1. Beverly - Ocean Turtles
2. Fandanie – France
3. Urocyonfox - Mythological/Fantasy/Demon Foxes
4. angelmuz – Merry Go Round Animal
5. TimeInMyHands – A Fox

Group 2 – Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Regular Themes
1. OldsLady1992 – Blue Herons
2. Beverly – Any of My Cats – (you can see them here)
3. xela7072 – Wildflowers
4. CiCiCreates - Pretty Peacocks
5. Shawnicaitlin - Whimsical and Colorful Bison

Group 3 – Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Challenging Themes
1. Urocyonfox - my OCs (My Original Characters) more info here
2. angelmuz – Alice in Wonderland Character
3. Monkers_JJKx76 –Character from American Horror Story (any season)
4. NatashaMay – Pin-Up in Pinky Toast Style
5. josiesuelupin - Marvel/DC Characters who are also Soldiers (Steve Rogers, Steve Trevor, & Bucky Barnes) More info here

Group 4 – Any Media (HD/HP/Collage/Digital/Photo/Fabric) ~ Regular Themes
1. JudyLee – Whimsical Houses
2. dithespy – Leaves
3. Allegrae – Hamsters
4. goatgirl- Realistic or Whimsical Mushrooms
5. miss – Steampunk

Group 5 - APC's ~ Any Media ~ Any Themes
1. dithespy – Fish (specific cards here)
2. CastleQueen5 – American Robins (the bird) (specific cards here)
3. katelnorth - Postage Stamps (your card must include a stamp - how you use it is up to you). (specific cards here)
4. smallgirl - Postage Stamp Featuring a Woman(except Janis Joplin or Maya Angelou) ) (more instructions and specific cards)
5. Pikkis - A Vintage Woman or a Girl (specific cards here)

Group 6 – Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Regular Themes
1. ParadoxSketchbook – My Characters (here) (don’t worry about complexity, make them simple, there are simple ones there)
2. BexMadeMe - Robins (the European Bird)
3. Kentuckydakota – Black and White with a pop of Color
4. miss - Game of Thrones
5. Rina – Giant Pandas

Group 7 - Collage ~ Regular Themes
1. ferretgirl - Sea Horses
2. mhitchcock – Jellyfish
3. CastleQueen5 - Snail(s) in Sunflower(s)
4. katelnorth - Black Birds (i.e. birds which are black)
5. ThouArtDelyrias – Shabby Chic

Group 8 – Collage ~ Challenging Themes
1. kentuckydakota - Zetti Hogwarts Staff/Teachers r
2. Allegrae – Zetti-Style Idris Elba
3. LucyMc - Steampunk Fairy Tales
4. ChronicReader – Anything Celtic
5. Dee - Abstract Cat/s, Your Way

Last edited:
I think this is correct (sent a PM just to be sure) but I think group 3 Hand Drawn or Painted Challenging Themes.

Theme is my OCs (my original characters) https://toyhou.se/Urocyonfox/characters
There is a file of refererences for them, you just click on the folder of their face and it will open a whole folder of reference images.

Any of my OCs doing anything is fine

Welcome to ferretgirl, Urocyonfox, OldsLady1992, Beverly, Fandanie, xela7072, kentuckydakota, CiCiCreates, Shawnicaitlin, angelmuz and Monkers_JJKx76!

This is what is left..................

group 1 - 1 space
group 3 - 2 spaces
group 4 - 5 spaces
group 5 - 5 spaces (where are all the APC collectors?)
group 6 - 5 spaces
group 7 - 4 spaces
group 8 - 4 spaces

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom