The Phobia Swap ~ due October 3

FYI, a fear of fog is called homiclophobia or nebulaphobia.

SEE...it even has a name!!!
LOL

What are some of things you guys with be painting for this swap??

I have some magazine clippings about phobias from a Halloween issue of some magazine. I was going to dig those out and possibly use them to inspire my cards, but I haven't done so yet.

My hubby & I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon & we decided to go see their version of the Grand Canyon. I am so super afraid of heights; it is pitiful. I kept thinking I was going to fall down & roll right off the edge into the canyon. Greg said I was squeezing him so tight he couldn't breath. I had to leave after only a few minutes I just couldn't hack it. Same thing with deep water....

I was thinking I am not really afraid of anything. Then I remembered, I am afraid to swim alone or to swim after dark, for fear that there might be a shark or an alligator in my pool. No lie. Long ago I researched it and found out I was crazy. I mean I found out that it is really a fear of the unknown, and growing up in Michigan when the movies Jaws came out. Magazine started coming out that there were predatory fish in the waters where I lived. Think of these magazine as time before internet hoaxes and photoshop.

Last edited:
Poolshark.jpg

I was thinking I am not really afraid of anything. Then I remembered, I am afraid to swim alone or to swim after dark, for fear that there might be a shark or an alligator in my pool. No lie. Long ago I researched it and found out I was crazy. I mean I found out that it is really a fear of the unknown, and growing up in Michigan when the movies Jaws came out. Magazine started coming out that there were predatory fish in the waters where I lived. Think of these magazine as time before internet hoaxes and photoshop.

You grew up in Michigan??????
We lived in Michigan, in a trailer, near the shores of Lake Superior.
One winter we got 355.90 inches of snow, and the snow drifts extended from the other side of the road, across the road, across the ditch on our side of the road, across the embankment, across the railroad track, across our front yard, across and over our trailer, and to the lake, in one flat seeming endless, frozen wasteland.
Our trailer walls cracked from the snow weight, but the snow and ice melted and froze into the wall cracks to keep out the wind.
Roads closed, school closed, everything came to a shutdown.
The next day, as stuff melted, I climbed out the trailer sky-light, skied to work, and snow-showed home (seriously)! At the grocery store I was told to watch out for the 5 to 8 foot Muskie from Lake Superior swimming through the melting (liquid) snow and meeting me at my front door.

Have you ever seen a 52 1/2 inch Muskie?
They are HUGE.
They have teeth.
I was scared to death.
Here is a picture
40340.jpg

See this is why I don't like swimming in lake!!

When I die I want my ashes sprinkled at lake Superior, maybe near the Mackinaw Bridge. Shh.... I think there are rules about where you can legally sprinkle ashes.

Sign me up please, I have a highly irrational fear of worms. Like go catatonic at the sight of them, let's see if I can muster up a worm card....

Welcome, Isayhooah! My mom has always been afraid of worms. Her brothers used to put large nightcrawlers down her shirt when they were children. I can't say that I love them. Although, I appreciate them in my garden.

I do wonder if I make a spider card if I will get one back? If you were really very afraid of something would you want say a spider or a clown card.

I am not afraid of those at all. Just those sharks in the pool, and the dark when I was in college. That was from too many horror movies. I don't watch those anymore.

Good point. If any of these phobias are personal ones, let me know if you do not want a card of it (even if you do not make one in that theme). I'm sure people with a fear of something like spiders would prefer not to get one.

Back
Top Bottom