SCHOOLHOUSES–House Shaped ATC Swap–Mixed Media Collage only, due Sept. 29

ohhappyday

Life is Good!
Media
Swap Due Date – September 29, 2017
Signup/ Withdraw Date – Simply communicate please.
Number of ATCs - 3:3
Number of participants: unlimited

SCHOOLHOUSES – a House Shaped ATC Swap – Mixed Media Collage only, due September 29th.

This ATC SWAP is for Mixed Media Collage in a HOUSE SHAPE with a SCHOOLHOUSE theme. This is the 5th swap I’ve hosted with the house-shaped design. Your enthusiasm and participation has inspired me to continue the series. Hosting has been such a wonderful experience and I’m continually amazed at the creative talent and varieties of mixed media used to represent the theme.

As you create your little SCHOOLHOUSES, use your imagination and be creative! You may be thinking of an old school vintage look, chalkboards, books, flashcards, abc’s & mathematics! What else? It’s up to you!

Please try to use at least 2 forms of mixed media for the background. Consider paint, gelli plates, texture paste, gesso, spray inks, gel pens, etc. Then proceed to collage using your favorite techniques and supplies, such as designer paper, old books or dictionaries, postage stamps, rubber stamps, embossing and ephemera. We all love embellishments, but please keep them minimal and watch the thickness so they travel well through the postal service.

• Please sign up by posting to this thread. I will acknowledge you and add your user name to the list below.

All ATCs must be a cut out HOUSE SHAPE that is 2.5” wide x 3.5” tall. And remember they should be on sturdy cardstock, not just paper or lightweight cardstock. Each completed atcs should be in an individual vinyl sleeve for added protection.

• Include your ATCsForAll User Name on the back of each card, along with your real name and location so those receiving them will know who the artist is.

• Life happens, so if you need to withdraw, it’s no problem, but please communicate.

• When you are ready to mail your cards, please message me for my address in Nebraska - USA.

• I will provide the return envelope, but please print your name and address for me or send a printed address label. For 3:3 mixed media collage, it will usually take at least 2 oz postage which is currently 70 cents. If you send extra postage and it’s not needed, I will return it to you. International participants: please send either $1 US dollar or US stamps for return postage.

DUE DATE: Friday, September 29th is the last day I can accept cards. I intend to be a timely hostess and have returns back to all participants within a week.

• As I receive your cards, I will post to the thread and leave iTrader.

Thank you for your interest! If you would like a little creative inspiration or if you’re challenged by the “house shape”, you’ll want to check out all the photos of my last four house swaps in the Swap Gallery. Each and every one of them is a work of ART, all one of a kind originals!

As you complete your atcs, I encourage you to post photos in the gallery or within this thread. It may inspire others to participate and you’ll enjoy the feedback too. Think ABC’s & 123’s and have FUN being creative!

Participating Artists: (those in bold have been received)

1. prex79 - VT
2. Vicki Z - MN
3. RaineyDay - NC
4. Bluesky - FL

5. dithespy - France withdrew
6. jfaskdown - WA
7. TrailRider - WI

8. electricdesigner - UK
9. alrice46 - WA
10. Ancient Planter - WA
11. Firefly - FL
12. JEBeck - OH
13. notinkansas - OH
14. CastleQueen5 - AZ
15. Cindylou - MO
16. londonont1 - Canada
17. IrishRose - CA
18. Lalka- MO
19. CiCiCreates - AZ
20. Daphne75 - Netherlands
21. katelnorth - England

22. janetmachek - SC
23. Monica - IL

24. TinaMarie - NH no response
25. zandradee - UK
26. CharmingB - Canada
27. Bibliobibuli - CA
28. sillylily41 - NJ

Last edited:
Yay! We've got our first swappers!

WELCOME prex79, Vicki Z & RaineyDay!!! So happy to have you join my latest house shaped mixed media collage swap! :) Smallgirl, we need a teacher's input so please join us! We may learn something from you. ;)

Let the fun begin! :)

SWEET little schoolhouse Vicki! I especially love the creative use of the school bell postage stamp! And the picket fence too! Way to get us started! :)

WELCOME Bluesky & dithespy! So happy to have you join us!

Color me HAPPY! :)

In today's mail, I received a *wonderful* collage MMH SCHOOLHOUSE atc from Ancient Planter! Check out the school bell, the alpha/numbers background and the cool student peeking out the window. I'm inspired, aren't you?

View attachment 186806
[click to enlarge]

And a big swap WELCOME to jfaskdown, TrailRider, electricdesigner and alrice46! It's great to see some familiar names and a newbie too!

Last edited:
As I was packing up my craft room today, I found an antique schoolbook about how to write. It's so old the title page and verso with the publishing info are missing so I can't tell when it was published. Late 1800s/early 1900s I'd guess. Anyway, I take that as a sign that it's time for me to sign up for this swap!

Love the cards being shared. AP I love that shape with the belfry on the roof, and Vicki I love both your new ones too. Great ideas popping into my head!

Love that personal one, it's just great! Darn, you are inspiring me and I'm not sure I'll have time to commit- we'll see.....

Back
Top Bottom