Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: #25 The Magnificent Moley Collective

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    angelmuz your theme has been added!

Anybody else nailed theirs down yet?
    Come on over and check out the HD/HP Round Robin Group!
    instagram :
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I have been thinking about the particulars of my theme "Little known Grimm fairytales.
    Details:
    Each artist will choose a fairytale from a list of 10 (one for each artist) which will accompany the moley. When you choose a title initial it so there are no repeats.
    Do: use watercolor, color pencil, graphite, etc.
    Don't: use stickers, collage, etc. and please no nudity although I have no issues with artistic nudity I have young children who will want to share in my moley when it returns.
    Being transformed by the renewing of my mind!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks aaeshelman, I have updated your theme
    instagram :
    My available atcs
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bluesky, I hope all is well with you after Irma!
    instagram :
    My available atcs

Bluesky is offline I create therefore I know I am
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I'm good ...power issues.... gas and grocery shopping are finally almost normal. Trees down everywhere....clean up will take a very long time.

Bluesky is offline I create therefore I know I am
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I kept my moley with me when I evacuated.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way to have priorities Bluesky!

Glad you're ok.
    He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming
    soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. -Revelation 22:20
    Profile PAT

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear yo are okay things are returning to normal Bluesky. I can only imagine all the mess that has to be cleaned up! And yes, good to hear you remembered the important things
    instagram :
    My available atcs

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theme: Dogs Misbehaving.I have 5 dogs.currently have two purebred Malteses, a Cockapoo (Cocker Spaniel Poodle mix), a Cocker Spaniel mixed with who knows what, and a poodle mixed with who knows what. Feel free to use these breeds or any other breed as I truly love all dogs.

Dos: HD/HP. Mixed media is okay. Use lots of color. Fill the three page spread with one scene (not 3 individual scenes). Feel free to have multiple dogs and breeds on your spread. Make sure your dogs are misbehaving! Be creative and have fun. The sillier the better. BE CAREFUL with your materials and protect the other artwork and blank pages while working on your pages (in the past I had someone get a bunch of gesso on the pages I was to work on and watercolor doesn't work properly over gesso).

Don'ts: I prefer no collage, stickers, glitter, glue, etc. No occult/Wiccan/evil themes or depictions.
    Last edited by Tandy; 09-20-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    Tandy~Tracy Anderson
    Check out my Blog!
    Victory in Jesus:"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."~1 John 4:4

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my doggies! I'll get you are now an expert on misbehaving dogs Tandy Your theme has been updated.
    instagram :
    My available atcs

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I've honed in on a theme for my book. I was watching a Lord of the Rings marathon with my son this week and one of the characters was describing what it felt like to be old- “I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.”
    It made me think first what a poet that author was to capture that feeling so beautifully and then to think of all those lines I've heard over the years that I've wanted to frame and hang on my wall so I wouldn't forget them or lines from movies that have snuck into, and stuck in, my family's conversation.
    So my theme- "What's Your Line"- Take a line from a movie that sticks with you, resonates, is picturesque, is humerous. Those lines that you quote along with the characters, or rewind to hear again. Write it on the page. indicate where it came from (character, movie) on the back or front. And illustrate it as you see fit.
    Do- Treat it as you treat your own book and make art you would be thrilled to receive. Beyond that it's up to you.
    Don't- I don't do R rated so- no cussing, no nudes, and definitely no cussing nudes!
    He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming
    soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. -Revelation 22:20
    Profile PAT

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting theme kentuckydakota! theme is update
    instagram :
    My available atcs

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I realize that this moley group is full, but I'm trying to figure out this whole moley swap thing. I've never done one, but it sounds like so much fun!
    Would you mind answering a couple of questions?
    *What type of moleskine do you use? The link in the first post didn't really take me to a picture of one of these accordion type notebooks. I can't visualize what they are.
    Any ordering info would be appreciated.
    *The whole mailing routine sounds so complicated. This type of swap is a huge responsibility, so I'd want to be sure I understood everything beforehand.
    Well, if I had more questions I can't remember them, so any help would be great! Thanks!
    Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    Philippians 4:6

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by plumhill2001 View Post
    I realize that this moley group is full, but I'm trying to figure out this whole moley swap thing. I've never done one, but it sounds like so much fun!
    Would you mind answering a couple of questions?
    *What type of moleskine do you use? The link in the first post didn't really take me to a picture of one of these accordion type notebooks. I can't visualize what they are.
    Any ordering info would be appreciated.
    *The whole mailing routine sounds so complicated. This type of swap is a huge responsibility, so I'd want to be sure I understood everything beforehand.
    Well, if I had more questions I can't remember them, so any help would be great! Thanks!

I order mine through Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Moleskine-Jap...japanese+album

hopefully that link will help.

It is a 10 month commitment that requires lots of communication and cooperation but its worth it.

there are several different ways to do the travel plan. this one is a little more complicated than some but works well when you have international mailers in the group because it spreads out the cost and doesnt require the same people to pay the higher postage every month. in some you simply mail to the same person each month and the journals literally just move in a circle.

i hope that helps.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi plumhill2001! The ordering sites don't have good pics of what the inside of the book looks like. This site gives you a peak inside (of course with some art too!)
    http://www.moleskine.com/gb/news/japanese-albums-relay

And if you look through the previous moley threads, as theweavershand, explain not all the travel plans are like this one. (thanks theweavershand!) And yes, the first time I did a moley I was initially a little overwhelmed, but after a couple of books I got the hang of it and it's not so bad
    instagram :
    My available atcs

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks TWH and Miss M! I've added the Moleskine to my wishlist over at Amazon so I can find it later.
    One more question (for now): The instructions say we are to put our username and other info on the back of our 3 page spread. Does this mean that art is only done on one side? In other words, when the whole accordion is stretched out there is art on only one side and the other side just has our username info?
    Oh, another question: The mail by dates. Is that the day you actually put it in the mail to the next person, or the date it needs to arrive by?
    I'm sure I can figure out the whole travel plan thing with the help of my compadres when the time comes.
    Thanks again!
    Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep watching this thread, as since it's almost October, players will start sharing their initial travel pages and first spreads and you can see examples. Alternately, I have my previous moley pages in my gallery under book journals. I have my sign in and first spread in there. My sign in was on the inside front cover, my first spread was the back of the first page plus the next three accordion pages. After that each player does three accordion pages. This makes more sense once you have a Japanese album in your hands.

You can sign/username/date etc the backside of your spread (some players explicitly request it), but there is also a "sign-in" page, usually inside cover.

Yes, when you stretch out the accordion, art is only on one side.

Yes, the mail date is the date you should to mail the moley to the next player, which is the same date each month. Travel time depends on how long it takes to get to its destination. For eg. I would assume a two week travel time between Canada and US. So that leaves me two weeks to work on the moley before I need to mail out again. US to US could be faster, so you'd have more than two weeks to work on the moley.

International mailing could take upwards of 4 weeks depending on where in the world, so the once a month mailout doesn't work and why I limited location for this one.
    Hope that helps!
    instagram :
    My available atcs

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your patience in answering my questions! I'll be watching this thread with great interest!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    same, I hope someone starts another group soon, it looks like it would be a lot of fun

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well then the both of you (if not already) should post in the Moley waiting list
    http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16204

When another host looks to start a new moley swap, they will look to the thread for players.
    instagram :
    My available atcs