Folk Art Style Cats, due October 25

aginghippychic

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date – October 25, 2017
Signup/withdraw date – October 4, 2017
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants – 12 (this is my first swap!)
Medium- Hand drawn/hand painted or mixed media

For my first swap, I’m combining two of my favorite things: cats and folk art style art! What is folk art you might ask? Here’s a description from Wikipedia, “Folk art encompasses art produced from an indigenous culture or by peasants or other laboring tradespeople. In contrast to fine art, folk art is primarily utilitarian and decorative rather than purely aesthetic.[1] Folk Art is characterized by a naive style, in which traditional rules of proportion and perspective are not employed.” Think flat simplified shapes, unusual proportions, bright colors or possibly earthy tones. If you do a Google or Pinterest search for “Folk Art Style Cats”, you will find some wonderful inspiration. HD/HP and mixed media cards are welcome, but please do your best work and submit cards you would love to have in your collection.

Here are some examples from my gallery:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=506509
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=476487

The Details:

• All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5” and at least one layer of card stock or watercolor paper.
  • All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
  • Please include your username, location and the swap name on the back of all cards.
  • International participants – I will cover postage for the first 3 international players, just send a self-addressed envelope. Additional international players can include a U.S. dollar bill.
  • - US Participants – Include a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Include your user name on both envelopes.
  • A hostess card is not expected, but if you send one I promise to give it a good home.

** I've moved, please PM me for my address.**

I will give you an iTrader point as soon as I receive your cards. When you get your returns, don't forget your iTrader and You Rock's.

Who wants to create some folk art style cats? I hope you'll join me and post pictures of your lovely cards in the thread to inspire us all.

PLAYERS:
1) Bluesky Recv'd
2) Ravenshadow Recv'd
3) Suzi Recv'd
Acalla withdraw
4) xela7072 Recv'd
5) Seascape131 Recv'd
Kitsyru (1st international player) withdraw
6) Katroush Recv'd
7) OldsLady1992 Recv'd
8) bernie712 Recv'd
Evalila (1st international player) withdraw