Seven Deadly Sins: PRIDE~ due October 1, 2017

Beverley

May we find solace in art...
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date: October 1, 2017
Signup/withdraw date - open; please be sure to notify me ASAP if you need to withdraw. No cards and lack of communication will result in neutral i-trader.
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants: Unlimited
Medium: Open to all original work except 100% digital/photography; standard 2.5 X 3.5" Challenge yourself--use lots of layers, elements, and different mediums--do something your fellow swappers will love to add to their collection!

SWAP DIRECTIONS:

Deadly Sin No.3 : PRIDE

Something a little different to challenge your creative process
Each swap in this series will focus on one of the Seven Deadly Sins.
★ Gluttony ★ Wrath ★ Lust ★ Greed ★ Sloth ★ Pride ★ Envy

For this swap, make three cards for "PRIDE". Each card must be different.
I will swap effort for effort, and generally medium for medium, although there may be some variation in your returns depending on how many people sign up to play.

Definition of PRIDE

1) a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.
2) be especially proud of a particular quality or skill.

PRIDE @ Wikipedia
See examples here, here and here. Or just google Sloth Deadly Sin

Please let me know when you put your ATCs in the mail, as this helps me keep track of things.

Mailing:

I am located in CANADA, so please give yourself lots of time for mail turnaround.

Return postage in your country's currency is greatly appreciated.
If not $1 or $2 US dollars, discretely hidden, would be wonderful.

Please send address labels only, I will provide return envelopes.

REMEMBER... ** This is YOUR interpretation of the sin; all ideas are welcomed and encouraged**
:)

Soooo who is up for the challenge?

0) Beverley (received)
1) londonont1 (received)
2) CastleQueen5 (received)
3) dithespy (received)

Last edited:
My cards are done for this swap

1_pride1.jpg

1_pride2.jpg

1_pride3.jpg

1_pride4.jpg

Beverly, I am really interested in doing the 7 virtues. I am also interested in some cards about the fruit of the spirit from the BIBLE. I am not interested in hosting either.

Image result for fruit of the spirit

The Fruit of the Holy Spirit is a biblical term that sums up nine attributes of a person or community living in accord with the Holy Spirit according to the Epistle to the Galatians: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."

I could see these cards being non religious, cant you?

If you cant host either let me know.

Not sure yet CQ. I think they are all great ideas, just not sure the interest would be there at the moment. I might consider a seven card Virtues swap... 7 cards all at once; one each virtue... what do you think? It would work best with 7 players though.

I did read what you wrote. I really have no idea what I think yet. I am sure we can work something out.

I think it is harder to get swappers around the holidays too. Mail overseas tends to go missing. USA mail also gets lost.

My cards are now in the mail! I thought I'd sent them ages ago, but there they were, grinning proudly, in my cards for swaps album. I hope they arrive in time.

Back
Top Bottom