2 days til our challenges start!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Putting together a list of portraits to do :p

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too. I imagine someone will do a tribute swap in early 2018, so I've looked at a list of the famous people we've lost this year and am thinking about painting or drawing some of them :-(

I'm Also gathering photos of myself for a self-portrait assignment from one of my university classes.

AND I looked at photos of the "How to Train Your Dragon" dragons to paint for a monster challenge on another forum. For AFA purposes, I'll count them as faces as well : -)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if I could do anything daily, but I really do need to get back to my practice at drawing realistic portraits. I am going to try....

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terrific KP.
    Currently hosting
    HD/HP Decorated letters - A, B, C
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34629
    Colour Wheel, playing and learning
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34679

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Challenge Month!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll just be watching this one. I can't do faces.
    Currently hosting
    HD/HP Decorated letters - A, B, C
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34629
    Colour Wheel, playing and learning
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34679

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Ann,
    There are 2 challenges going on simultaneously in this thread. One is "30 in 30", just 30 paintings (acrylics, oils, watercolor, pastels, whatever you consider painting) of ANY subject!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my day 1 painting. Am I the only one? It's a Common Raven from a photo from the internet. Photo wasn't exactly copyright free, but I figure if you've seen one raven you've seen them all. All black birds are hard to paint. Really don't know why it went sideways. I started having that happen just within the last few months sporadically. I've noticed others are having it happen too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Now hosting NOVEMBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade, and OCTOBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade.
    Coming mid November (soon, real soon): postage stamp extending the scene III

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay, Nightowl!
    I started painting 2 "tribute" people. One is totally unrecognizable as the person I was trying to paint. In fact, he looks like he's a completely different race & age. And frankly he looks like a cartoon character. I may post his as just some generic, unnamed person.

The other one is sort of an obscure person. If he turns out OK I'll post him. He looks a bit odd at the moment buy he may improve overnight. haha.

I also have backgrounds for a bunch of non-face acrylic paintings. I'm picturing them being vases of flowers, but you just never know. They may end up being chickens.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay I did several Hand drawn Buddy Cards today before I remembered the challenge. So here is an attempt at my face.
    9-1-2017 available atc

debs913 is online now Drawing and Collecting All the Dog Breeds
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm behind and stressing out already!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still nothing to show yet, though I'm making progress. I have 8 "canvases" taped down on my acrylics painting table. Yesterday I painted the backgrounds on all 8. Today I roughed in the flower vases. Tomorrow I hope to start working on the details (water in the vases, refine the flowers, reflections on the glass, etc) and finish a few of them. As long as I finish all 8 by Friday, I suppose I'm still on track for 30-in-30 :-)

I also have a couple watercolor faces on my other (watercolor) painting table. I have several photo refs out of people I know & celebrities I want to try to paint this month. I have made no painting progress there today.
    Having fun in October on the Inktober Challenge! Stop in the thread & visit!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, I just realized you said *your* face--as in a self portrait! Cool!! It's great!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KPinAK View Post
    Linda, I just realized you said *your* face--as in a self portrait! Cool!! It's great!!
    LOL yes I wasn't sure I wanted to admit to it being me.

I was working on some art yesterday when I got a phone call that my cousin lost her battle with cancer. I ended up not getting anything done, the emotions combined with it being a terribly hot day.
    Last edited by Linda4atc; 09-03-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry for your loss, Linda :-(

Here's my first painting & first face for this challenge, Sean O'Callaghan. Not sure why I picked him to paint :-)
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_O%27Callaghan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Linda and KP!

I found a coupon code for that creative bug website that I mentioned before that gave me two free months so I went ahead and signed up for the flowers class. I watched about five of the segments so far. I was in a watch not paint mood last night - lol. In the beginning, the first few flowers it seems like the instructor has a kind of sloppy beginner look to her "art". (again, this is my own opinion and since art is so subjective I don't mean to sound too harsh). Anyways, as the lessons go along it seems to get better, with new little techniques being added and a wide variety of flowers demonstrated with different brush strokes. Each lesson is pretty short and sweet which I kind of like. I think the value to me will be as a motivator, to adapt some of the brush strokes she uses, and also the pdf file included has some nice reference photos. So, being that it is free, I don't regret enrolling so far. I do plan on ending my subscription before the end of the free 2 month trial period though. I don't really want to have a monthly fee.
    Last edited by nightowl_too; 09-04-2017 at 01:52 AM. Reason: changing some wording since I have gotten further in the lessons
    Now hosting NOVEMBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade, and OCTOBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade.
    Coming mid November (soon, real soon): postage stamp extending the scene III

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not doing the faces challenge... so not my thing. I am in awe of you all who can do it.
    I AM attempting the 30 paintings in 30 days - my style. I've started out with tea bag paintings... if I can get in gear, I'll resize them so I can upload here. It's too hard to actually paint, photograph and post all in one day. I am self employed so do have to do a bit of work also and tied in with the holiday weekend... well!

Edited to say: That's my story and I'm sticking to it! lol

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    My Blog... Art Etsy... Facebook... My Flickr... Vintage Etsy...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nightowl, I'm excited to see your flowers 🌺

HHC--can't wait to see! Given the choice between painting & messing around with electronics, I say paint!!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone wants another "excuse" to paint any faces, there are at least 6 MMH threads that lend themselves well to Faces. I'm glad to PM a list to anyone who wants helps finding them.