plays with color and texture
Friend of AFA
Media
Due date- Friday October 13th
Number of cards- 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of players- unlimited
Medium- mostly alcohol inks
Sign-up date- none

I am still excited about using alcohol inks. What other ways can you use alcohol inks?
I want you to find a different way to use them for each card that you send.
You might try a different nonporous surface to work on:such as acetate, Yupo, silver duct tape, thin metal (it comes along with some wine bottles), glossy cardstock.

Or you might try AI with a stencil. I like using punchinella. Plastic grid is also interesting. You might add random rubber stamped letters or numbers on top of your stenciled inks.

You might apply alcohol inks to a plastic trash bag, squish it some and then use it to print onto a nonporous surface.

Or you could collage with alcohol-inked pieces.

You could apply alcohol ink to plant stakes...you know those little pieces of plastic that identify your plant...and collage with those.

You could spread your inks with a plastic card or a straw or a paper towel.....

You could apply alcohol inks with a q-tip or one of those teeny tiny paint brushes (the ones I used to throw away.)

Or you might think of something completely different. You are so welcome to share ideas on the swap thread.

Please include at least your user name, your location & swap title on the back of each card.

Mailing Info- every card needs to come in a plastic sleeve.
Do NOT send envelopes. I will provide.
Do send along your printed address.....paper is fine.
US Players-send along loose postage. Usually one forever stamp is enough
for three cards and 2 are good for 6 cards.
International players- I will provide postage.

Since there is no sign up, your names will appear on a list when they arrive here.
Who is ready to try new techniques with alcohol inks?

CARDS HAVE ARRIVED FROM:
1. londonont1
2. CastleQueen5
3. Chronic Reader
4. Rosa
5. rapgardenpainter

Last edited:
I've been buying my yogurt in larger than the one serving size. I opened a new one today and realized that the foil covering the top was a free piece of a nonporous surface. Washed it off and am experimenting with it. I've been using a piece of plastic grid as a stencil. But I need to let each color dry in between. Though rubbing alcohol erases it all.

Hoping that you will each put the technique you used on the back of your ATC.

Great. Looking forward to seein g them, and beginning my list for arrived cards!

There are also some ideas for using the inks in the archived Alcohol Inks again swap.

I am finding forgotten nonporous surfaces, too. Peanut jars have a silvery layer before you get to the PB as does the kind of yogurt I currently eat.

I'll try the bread tags. Plants tabs give you a bigger surface for alcohol inks. sometimes one side is blank.

a friend came onver this am and we did AI art. And she showed me what she had done since we last met. She has gone some art with gelli plate and then added inks over the paints.

Flowergurl4eva, I sent you a PM with my mailing address.

Londonont1, your cards arrived. so glad you made 6---well 7. thanks for the host card, and the dollar.

My husband and I have been invited to Bring Your Parents to Work at Amazon. It means 4 hours to spend with our son, and a free lunch.

Back
Top Bottom