pancake machine

The Dude abides
Staff member
Super Mod
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date Nov 11th , 2017
Withdrawal deadline: none, but please communicate!
Number of Cards ~ 3 for 3
Number of Participants – unlimited

Simplified One Word Movie Poster Swap- HD/HP, Due Nov 11th

My idea for this swap came while thinking about movie posters and how difficult some posters would be to shrink down to ATC size. That got me thinking about minimizing posters - how would you get at the essence of a movie in limited space and with just one word?

For this swap it is really thinking about design, layout, and lettering.

67_image.jpeg
66_image.jpeg
65_image.jpeg

Swap Requirements ~
* Each card must have one word from the movie title. No more, no less. How the letters look, which word, etc is up to you. Keep in mind the movie title can have more than one word but you can only use one word in the design! So if you were doing the movie "Something Wicked this way Comes," you could use the word Wicked, or Something, etc.
* For this swap, HD/HP only. Nothing should be glued.
* All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
* This swap is 3 for 3. An extra card for the host is welcome, but completely optional.

Although not a requirement, try to keep your design minimal or simplified, in keeping with the idea of the swap. For example, trying to recreate the Star Wars movie poster with all the elements in it would not be in keeping with the spirit of the swap.

As an option, you don't have to post the name of the films right away. You can certainly encourage guessing if you'd like. It could be a bit more fun on the thread to try and guess. If no one guesses in a day or so, feel free to reveal.

Lurkers - this is for you! Even if you don't end up joining the swap, feel free to guess movie titles if they are left vague.

Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – Please include EITHER a clearly written SASE or a mailing label and stamp.
* International Participants - Please send a clearly-addressed envelope or mailing label and I will cover postage.

Late cards past a day or so will be returned.

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. Naming which card you received is nice, since people like to know where their artworks end up.

Players:
1. Mwilding - received
2. Londonont1 - received
3. Dithespy - received
4. Sillylily41 - received
5. Josiesuelupin - received
6. Beverly - received
7. Shannabanana - received
8. Moolric - received
9. ChronicReader - received
10. Shannynoel - received
11. CharmingB - received

Last edited:
Bumping.

I'll just add this is really fun once you start thinking how to modify movie posters. I had a hard time limiting to 3 and have at least 2 other ideas.

Welcome mwilding, you are first! Let me just say once you start thinking about it, the ideas start multiplying!

Good question! I went back and forth on this, but yes, "the" would be a word. However, punctuation wouldn't be, nor would random letters used as art.

Actually, there are a lot more single word film titles than you would think! Plenty to have a go at.

Very true!

Actually, there are a lot more single word film titles than you would think! Plenty to have a go at.

Indeed! And going with a one word title does meet the lone requirement. The Jaws card was really where I got the idea for this swap. Then I started thinking about how you could represent a movie with one word and still try and convey the movie. I never could come up with an idea for "Something Wicked this Way Comes," but there are other titles that started jumping out at me, like "Run Lola Run."

Aha! Now i fully understand! The title can have more than one wod but you can only use one word in the design! Even more fabulous than I first thought!

Lurk on MynameisJenn and Shachark - hope to see you both hop in!

And welcom to Josiesuelupin & Taniahodges2

Back
Top Bottom