Simplified 1 Word Movie Posters HandDrawn/HandPainted - Due Nov11

Part of the fun is deciding which movies to chose. And do you go obscure or well known? Do any of you know the film The Hairdresser's Husband? That was one I had thought about too, but couldn't quite form into a coherent idea.

My cards are ready for guessing! (And mailing out!)
1_FILM1.jpg

1_FILM2.jpg

1_FILM3.jpg

1_FILM4.jpg

Oh these are great fun! The last one is Midnight Express. I'll give some othe folks a chance to guess too, plus I need to think about them.

How is Midnight Express, I've only heard about it.

It's an amazing film based on a true story. It shows how someone can cope with impossibly difficult experiences (The hero is imprisoned in Turkey for smuggling drugs) and the strength of the human spirit. It's a classic and rightly so.

Hmmmmmm... There is Al Pacino's Dog Day Afternoon, or perhaps Black Dog with Patrick Swayze? The pachino film is another one I'd like to check out.

Last edited:
This is fun! You're right, Shannabanana! Midnight Cowboy.

Not Dog Day Afternoon or Black Dog. Hint: not a dog but a member of the dog family:spinny:

One of my favourite movies has a really great title sequence. Would it be ok to do a card that uses elements of them, kind of like fanart, rather than being original?

This is a great idea for a swap :)

Back
Top Bottom