Friend of AFA
Welcome Committee
Media
Albums
DUE DATE: Oct. 29
SIGNUP/WITHDRAWAL DATE: Oct. 23
NUMBER of PLAYERS: unlimited
NUMBER of CARDS: 3 for 3
MEDIA: HD/HP art doll, cut to shape; flat embellishments allowed. NO stickers or raised embellishments.

In this swap, you may draw and/or paint 3 little art dolls representing traditional folk dress of different countries (or regions) around the world. Though the basic doll should be hand-drawn/hand-painted, you may accent with (flattish) embellishments, like tiny rhinestones, lace, rickrack, ribbon, paper cut-outs, glitter paint, etc. PLEASE, no loose glitter, stickers, or raised pieces.

Please use my template below for the desired shape. Then size to come as close as possible to the correct measurements. The doll needs to fit into an ATC sleeve, no taller than 3 1/2", no wider than 2 1/2". If they need taller headgear or hairstyles just place the facial features a little lower in the head.

If you have problems sizing my template, I am not fussy about the shape being exact. You may draw and cut your own doll shape, as close to mine as possible, and following correct measurements. Or, you may PM me and I will mail you a template.

Please, let's not be concerned with politics or PC issues, and just enjoy making your little dolls. Do your best to make them cute and colorful, and I will include dolls from 3 different countries in everyone's returns. Be sure to name the country on the back (or front) of your card. Have fun, post pictures if you can, and bon voyage!

CARD GUIDELINES:

* Cards need to measure 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" and be sturdy enough not to easily bend into a U-shape.
* Cards should each be placed in a plastic sleeve and lightly taped together for safest postal travelling. Please use Washi tape or Painters' tape.
* Cards should be identified on back with your username, real name, and swap name. An extra "host card" is never necessary, but always appreciated!

MAILING GUIDELINES:

* Please PM me for my address when your cards are ready to send. Keep the due date in mind, a suggestion for mailing dates is to allow 8 days for U.S. players, and 14 days for International players. If you see that you need to withdraw, please do let me know in time (before my Withdrawal Date).
* U.S. Players, please send a large label with your name & address clearly printed, and include one Forever stamp. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.
* International players, please send a large label with your name & address clearly printed, and include a U.S. one dollar bill or a Global Forever stamp. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.

Lastly, when returns are received, remember to give "You Rock" points to your return partners, and iTrader for your host. This may be easy to forget or overlook, but is so appreciated by the artists who worked hard on the cards you receive!

Who will travel with me?

1. TriLov - RECEIVED
2. IrishRose - RECEIVED
3. Dithespy - FRANCE (RECEIVED)
4. WITHDRAWN
5. An. M. Sudyka - RECEIVED
6. Sillylily41 - RECEIVED
7. WITHDRAWN
8. Linda4atc - RECEIVED
9. WITHDRAWN
10. ParadoxSketchbook - RECEIVED
11. Marie - RECEIVED
12. Yonawrites - RECEIVED
13. Monica - RECEIVED

Last edited:
I can't resist art dolls!!! I love that this is ATC size but not a regular ATC shape! I will give it a try.

• Staff
Welcome to lurk, zandradee!

I will sign you up, IrishRose, glad to have you playing.

Welcome dithespy and bluesky - happy to have you join us!

I have a collection packed away somewhere that my mom had all her friends collecting for me when they bought gasoline.
images
this is the dolls I have, (photo from the web)

I decided to Google dolls of the world thinking I would find them to use as inspiration. But OMG it came up with some of the most beautiful Barbie dolls I've ever seen. I have always loved Barbie and have purchased two since becoming an adult (Malibu Barbie with her long dark hair and one I bought for a tree topper one year) but I've never actually been a collector. I so wish I had the money and space to get these Barbies, makes me want to cry that I can't.

Last edited:
Wow, you sure have lots of inspiration there! Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom