Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SEPTEMBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade 5x7

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm struggling with my first canvas for nightowltoo. I was finished, didn't like it, tried to rework, and will now probably end up starting all over!
    Anyone interested in trading Christmas tree cards? PM me if so!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aginghippychic View Post
    I'm struggling with my first canvas for nightowltoo. I was finished, didn't like it, tried to rework, and will now probably end up starting all over!
    AWwww ...don't be so hard on yourself. We've all been there aginghippychick. Why we put so much pressure on ourselves is a puzzle because everyone here is always so delighted when they receive their canvases. You really rock at drawing/painting critters so why not paint something you're passionate about? Nightowl, loves nature and animals of all sorts so I do believe you're the perfect partner for her.

Meanwhile, I am still staring at a white canvas and will really need to push myself to make a canvas this month. My reason though is different. I got some bad news about my granddaughter on the weekend and I have felt paralyzed with fear ever since. We are waiting now for the call from Sick Children's Hospital in Vancouver. We need to get her in to determine when she can get open heart surgery. I can't believe her doctor missed a congenital heart defect as bad as this one. So right now I'm on pins and needles. I don't believe I've ever been this scared in my entire life. Sorry guys. I usually don't blab about my personal life but right now I can tell you I'm not really myself at all. Maybe painting a nice canvas for Ann will do me good.
    "Art is not always an expression, and is often, simply, a problem worth trying to solve while drinking a bit of vodka. " ~ Donavon Rose

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your encouragement vikinglady. So sorry to hear about your granddaughter! Best wishes to you and your family.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh vikinglady. I'm so very sorry to hear about your granddaughter. I hope for the best for her surgery and that she has a full and uneventful recovery.

And aginghippychic, don't worry about the canvas for me. Anything that you put thought and effort into will be treasured. I enjoy all styles of art. And I like many themes as long as it's not creepy, scary, religious or political.

I haven't felt motivated to paint for the last several days. But I feel the spark beginning to return, so I expect I will start my canvas tonight or tomorrow and see what happens
    Now hosting NOVEMBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade, and OCTOBER Canvas Board Mail Art Trade.
    Coming mid November (soon, real soon): postage stamp extending the scene III

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I adore this group of folks. <3

vikinglady ~~ A warm peaceful blanket for her. My goodness.
    Hugs and prayers to you and your family....your precious granddaughter as well. Speedy recovery.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mailed Shawnicaitlin her canvas today
    Having fun in October on the Inktober Challenge! Stop in the thread & visit!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oldslady1992 - Your canvas was mailed at 4:00 p.m. today.
    Make it a good day, or not....the choice is yours!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry to hear about your granddaughter. Don't stress about my canvas. You've enough to worry about.
    Currently hosting
    HD/HP Decorated letters - A, B, C
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34629
    Colour Wheel, playing and learning
    http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34679

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    VikingLady - Thoughts and prayers for your granddau. and your whole family.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are so awesome. Thank you for all the love and prayers you have sent my way. Please know that it is greatly appreciated.

Meanwhile, my dear Ann,I am actually drawing out your canvas. Art, as always, is turning out to be good medicine. I'm sure I'll have your canvas in the mail by Saturday.

KPinAK, it has been nuts around my house but I still owe you an apology for not having responded to your email. I want to thank you so much for sending me the information on Bob Burridge and how to get a hold of him. I have since passed this information on to my club and someone soon will be following up on this. Should the club hire Bob and you want to be in the workshop please let me know. You'd be more than welcome to stay with me in my home.

Hugs to all of you! XXXX
    "Art is not always an expression, and is often, simply, a problem worth trying to solve while drinking a bit of vodka. " ~ Donavon Rose

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, vikinglady!!
    Having fun in October on the Inktober Challenge! Stop in the thread & visit!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    KPinAK Canvas is mailed today the 15th.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I received OldsLady1992 canvas today. It is so pretty. She used a music napkin for the background and painted such pretty flowers on the top. I can't make my computer work when sending photo's so I hope she sends a photo to you all. Thank you OldsLady.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright! Done with Seascape131's canvas! I'll put it in the mail this weekend. It was a fun piece.
    Art is a demanding Mistress.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

My 5 x 7 for Pennyquilter

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vikinglady, many prayers sent your way......

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    With vikinglady's encouragement, I decided to stick with my original canvas for nightowl_too. It will go in the mail on Monday. (fingers crossed she'll like it!)

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers have been answered! My granddaughter has an appointment next Tuesday with a cardiologist from Sick Children's Hospital. The entire family is so relieved and now we have hope that her heart will be repaired as soon as possible. Thank you for your messages and for placing my granddaughter in your prayers.

Aginghippychic, that canvas you made for Nightowl, is sweet! I know she's going to love it as is the rest of our canvas group.

Ann, I found some time to finish up your canvas yesterday and so it will be posted on Monday. On the canvas I painted one of my favorite activities. I hope you like it.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear the good news vikinglady! Keep us posted!
    "The everlasting God is your place of safety,
    and his arms will hold you up forever... ."
    ~ Deuteronomy 33:27 ~

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice piece of art, there, OldsLady!
    Art On!